570 vs pro 1200

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I mean the 570 with two hoses hooked up to it with two people cleaning at the same time.

I mean the pro 1200 with two hoses hooked up to it with two people cleaning at the same time.

they say they can duel wand but sapphire cant prove it and I have talked to mike ellis and he can only show me pictures. so as far as im concerned neither can duel wand if they cant prove it.

guess sapphire is going to miss out on me buying $30,000 worth of new equipment from them because they cant prove they can duel wand for say 200' of line. You would think that they would have a video or promote their stuff more.

I knew what you meant..just messing with you. But you still ended up saying duel, so I guess you missed the point of my post. :lol:

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Duel wanding would be two guys clobbering each other obey the head with their wands.

You want the 887 slide in if you plan on dual wanding. The 56 is turning too slow on the 1200 for two wands.

Reactions: SamIam and Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I mean the 570 with two hoses hooked up to it with two people cleaning at the same time.

I mean the pro 1200 with two hoses hooked up to it with two people cleaning at the same time.

they say they can duel wand but sapphire cant prove it and I have talked to mike ellis and he can only show me pictures of installs, no actual video of the machines running. mikey took the best video as far as im concerned of the pro1200 and it was in black and white. but still didn't show the machine doing any duel wanding. so as far as im concerned neither can duel wand if they cant prove it.

guess sapphire is going to miss out on me buying $25,000 worth of new equipment from them because they cant prove they can duel wand for say 200' of line. You would think that they would have a video or promote their stuff more.
I wouldn't make my decision based on a video. I'd spend the money if you have to and visit with someone that is running one. It will be money well spent regardless of your decision.

My personal experience is the side-in's are better at dual wanding that the van powered. We've used both the Hydramaster and Butlers for dual wanding and I think its easier done with a slide in.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
was just contacted by sapphire. they are going to try and get the pro 1200 video done next week and the pro 1200 is 505cfm according to the guy I talked to. website is getting updated with correct info soon.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I didn't say you were indecisive Marty, I said you are never happy with what you got

I was happy with the Vortex.

Until I wiped out a gas pump and my brother in laws truck.

And I am no more unhappy with the flaws of my tools and TM's than anybody else here. (Nobody is perfectly happy with their units.)

I'm just willing to discuss the flaws, and don't care if I catch hell for it. My best friend in this industry is probably Mike at TCS, but I will openly discuss the problems with his units while telling you he makes a great TM.

How many times have YOU seen guys talking good about their rigs on the bulletin boards only to have them tell you about their problems with it privately? I've experienced that numerous times, and wondered if they bought that particular TM because somebody else was doing what they're doing now?

It's a vicious cycle that some mfgs count on.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
ive asked. there is no one around me that has one. I asked my distributor and he doesn't know of one either.. did find this though at $10,000 cheaper than sapphire scientifics pro 1200 or the 570 and its dual wanding. haha I don't think id buy it though.

http://www.eztruckmounts.com/preview/ez-3547/
Not in the same league. Its probably a good unit for the money but you're comparing apples and oranges.

I sent a guy to Massachusetts to look at an air duct machine once. While it costs for the flight and lodging it kept us from spending 25k on a unit we didn't need. A video can't tell you as much as hands on. I'd see if there is anyone you can visit.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was happy with the Vortex.

Until I wiped out a gas pump and my brother in laws truck.

And I am no more unhappy with the flaws of my tools and TM's than anybody else here. (Nobody is perfectly happy with their units.)

I'm just willing to discuss the flaws, and don't care if I catch hell for it. My best friend in this industry is probably Mike at TCS, but I will openly discuss the problems with his units while telling you he makes a great TM.

How many times have YOU seen guys talking good about their rigs on the bulletin boards only to have them tell you about their problems with it privately? I've experienced that numerous times, and wondered if they bought that particular TM because somebody else was doing what they're doing now?

It's a vicious cycle that some mfgs count on.

You get a 570..you will be happy.......have I ever lead you astray..........????

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Duel wanding would be two guys clobbering each other obey the head with their wands.

You want the 887 slide in if you plan on dual wanding. The 56 is turning too slow on the 1200 for two wands.

Here's the thing Jim Martin says his 570 can but he runs a lower flow wand. I think 2 quad jet wands 6 flow each, or even mikeys new PMF 6 flow wand's would be fine. as long as both wand are on the carpet all the time.

Your not gonna get Vortex or Aerotec results with suck and heat, but it will work. If your pre vacuuming and scrubbing first I'm sure it would be fine. Probably not going to run 2 12 flow ti wands.

Chime in Jim Martin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Here's the thing Jim Martin says his 570 can but he runs a lower flow wand. I think 2 quad jet wands 6 flow each, or even mikeys new PMF 6 flow wand's would be fine. as long as both wand are on the carpet all the time.

Your not gonna get Vortex or Aerotec results with suck and heat, but it will work. If your pre vacuuming and scrubbing first I'm sure it would be fine. Probably not going to run 2 12 flow ti wands.

Chime in Jim Martin.

I don't dual wand...never even tried it with my 570.....
I use my high flow Hoss...which goes through more water then most wands out there.....and the 570 has no problems keeping my pace with heat and suction....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thought you tried it sorry was it with your thermal wave you tried it??? or never tried at all?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

they say they can duel wand but sapphire cant prove it and I have talked to mike ellis and he can only show me pictures of installs, no actual video of the machines running. mikey took the best video as far as im concerned of the pro1200 and it was in black and white. but still didn't show the machine doing any duel wanding. so as far as im concerned neither can duel wand if they cant prove it.

guess sapphire is going to miss out on me buying $25,000 worth of new equipment from them because they cant prove they can duel wand for say 200' of line. You would think that they would have a video or promote their stuff more.

To answer your question, no, you should not dual wand with a 570 or a pro1200. They do not have enough vacuum, nor does a Butler or a CDS or a Cleanco. Like Mike said only an 870 or an AT are real dual wand machines.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thought you tried it sorry was it with your thermal wave you tried it??? or never tried at all?

The only one I have ever dual wanded with was my old Vortex.....and to be honest...I really did not care for it to much....

I like the using 2 trucks in stead of 2 wands off of one truck.....

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I just don't get it. I've seen guys dual wand with far less than a 570 or DD.

Pump pressure shouldn't be an issue. Heat is still reasonable. Drying time will be extended.
Why can't you use these machines to dual wand?

We do not have a customer that dual wands all the time. Usually it's commercial job and the idea is to get in and out.
These customers are usually cleaned by the custodian with a portable.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah Ray, you can dual wand with a portable.. Is it right? Most here have a conscience.. :winky: You need a big unit to do it right..

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's all about the suck Ray.. Though running at 150 degrees won't help either.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This whole dual wanding thing is fed by manufacturers and their reps and distributors.

Those of us out in the field know the difference when and what a truckmount can do. I'm sorry but when I see the idiocy printed on brochures I always cringe. Please look at masterblend's claims.... seriously 700 feet of hose run on a 45 blower?? Dual wand with that 45 blower? Come on...I have done jobs with that very unit at 300 feet and a stupid little porty would have as much suck as that unit at 300 feet. (full speed rpm, brand new tank lid seal, functioning Kunkle valve etc..nothing helped) A unit like that should not be used for anything over 250 feet!

Able 1

Name
Keith
It's not about the suck because you can keep sucking. 150° is enough.

LOL.. Not even sure what to say.. YOU can keep sucking!! Maybe a porty board might be better for your banter.. I agree with everything Zee said also..

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Does that mean that because Mikey uses just his Aerotech and Vortex he's the best cleaner?

We have a customer that does millions of sq. ft. with portables and they have grown their business every year. They also have a very high customer retention rate.
They can clean any type of carpeting.

I don't know why most guy's want to spend all the money on the biggest machine.

Can you get a carpeting cleaner than clean? I think there's a lot more to it than the machine.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Regardless of manufacturer's claims (yes, some are ridiculous) and not that it will stop the never ending discussion .....
However, I wonder what percentage of cleaners actually double wand?

I am willing to bet that industry wide, it is less than a fraction of one percent.
Which pretty much makes it an interesting (I'll even go all out- fascinating) yet practically irrelevant subject.

Not that it will stop any heated debate.

Are you suicidal, or just bored, Ray? :winky:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom