Administrator
523662bb64efdd792e90129a1e359ac8.gif

Cobbs dropped the ball and J moved on..

Reactions: Charlie Lyman

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
For the umpteenth time, it has been said here before and I'll say it again:

All major brand manufacturers have very good traffic lane cleaners. Period.
As well as rinsing detergents and other products.
I doubt if anybody here, in a blind test, will be able to tell the difference by the end results. I've tried many and I couldn't.

The latest fashionable one, is just that.

Mikey P

Administrator
Lots of Powermax fans are counting on Cobb to find the eye of his tiger..

Attachments

• mytee.mp4
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes.
Just the same as always.
I think the rumor mill has taken a life all it's own.

Not really...the last 2 pails I got pretty much were garbage when they were first opened....this is what is left of one of them...

P1060127_zpshkfr6g9l.jpg

there's my scoop...

P1060128_zpseltqnhut.jpg

My other bucket is well over 3/4 the way full and sitting in my garage hard as a brick...right next to a container of the really good stuff that is well over 6 months old...still nice and soft...yellow...and fluffy and I promise that it will clean if I was to use it.... ( I will be more then happy when I get home later today to take pictures of both )

That being said...I have read many times Cobb saying that his raw material that he uses has changed...so I figure that seeing how he cant get the same stuff he was use to using ...then there is just no way that power max will ever be consistent or the same again....so it was past time to move on.....there are still some great products that I will get from him but my pre spray has got to be consistent and I have got to know that when I send my guy out that he has a product that I can depend on will do the job it has to.....

Pre spray is your very first line of defense...it does not matter how bad ass your machine or equipment is...if your pre spray sucks..so will you....

I switched over to Red Line...that stuff has been cutting through everything...smells good....rinses out great...leaves the carpets soft..I am back to using less spotters because this stuff it taking it out...it devolves really good....I have not had any clumping at all...I like how that take the extra step and put the moister packets inside the container.....it has proven to do everything it says it will.....a really really good all around go to pre spray....

P3050401_zpszsvdhuv5.jpg

P3040397_zpsdcyqqpwb.jpg

P3040398_zpsqlsvpvgz.jpg

P3040396_zpsvtgtnzg1.jpg

P3040400_zpskmfytu6z.jpg

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
We are on our 4th tub of PowerMax and so far its been consistent. If that ever changes we'll change suppliers but for now we like it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The reason I used the term "rumor mill" is because Jim Martin's legitimate concern has taken on a life of it's own. Jim, I in no way am suggesting your experience was anything other than what you report; however, I am keenly aware of how difficult it is to provide a consistent level of service and thus can imagine how difficult it must be to do the same with a product. Your concern expressed here, in an effort to force Larry to correct his production problems, has taken on a life of it's own simply because of your respect and influence here. We now have people, two of which have posted in this thread, perpetuating this issue who have had little or no experience with the product in question.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
The reason I used the term "rumor mill" is because Jim Martin's legitimate concern has taken on a life of it's own. Jim, I in no way am suggesting your experience was anything other than what you report; however, I am keenly aware of how difficult it is to provide a consistent level of service and thus can imagine how difficult it must be to do the same with a product. Your concern expressed here, in an effort to force Larry to correct his production problems, has taken on a life of it's own simply because of your respect and influence here. We now have people, two of which have posted in this thread, perpetuating this issue who have had little or no experience with the product in question.
If any of that was aimed our way let me be clear: We used and liked Cobb's Powermax for a long while. However the boys HATED having a product going flat when doing a restaurant out of town. At first started adding other stuff on the truck to just get thru the job, not even suspecting the product.

Went back to Prochem, even at a higher price....no more problem. Jason got to where he didn't want me to even sample other stuff.

I'm sure Powermax is still a GREAT product. Needs to have better QC and batch management. Needs to get salesmen (Mr "please order on Wednesdays") to not say "You are the only one who's had that problem".

I like Larry and his products. None of the above negates that.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Board de jour "pack follower" mentality Marty

I don't have a dog in this fight
I've only used one jar of PM and it was pretty damn good at HALF of what Cobby suggests

Here's what I've observed over the years though. .
The small DIY bathtub gin makers have more trouble with consistency batch to batch compared to the big boys or smaller outfits that have legit chem manufacturers private label it

Been my observations anyway...and why I stick with Prochem and Bridgepoint for the most part

LTA

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
Are cement mixers like the Cimex in that with every flip of the switch they turn a different direction?

Maybe thats the problem, left produces clumpy neopolitan Powermax and right produces smooth consistent Powermax..?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Does he hire away retards from the grocery store to mix his stuff?

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I found the liquid REDLINE to be a little foamy but the powder with enzyme to be very good, never tried Larry's PowerMax and most likely won't after this post.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Hey Jim,

Ive lost count, how many bad pails have you received?

Or worded differently, how many were shipped without being inspected?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon

Marty, you have pretty much described the internet and BBs in particular. If this was 20 years ago none of the "boutique" TMs and chemicals would have had a chance. These boards have incredible influencing power for good and bad. It is the same way with review sites.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom