Another fine JMA product..

Mikey P

Administrator
I suspect that's true. That is precisely the case with TCS, and Mike has to remind me every now and then that my "unique" bulletin board generated needs make him zero dollars, in the grand scheme of things.

Yes, most carpet cleaners could care less about education. They took what they learned from their former SS, Coit or Chem Dry job and applied it to their new OO job. Most don't want to grow beyond a helper for the summer and most are content with their situation. What is waiting for them when they can no longer swing a wand? Very likely their wive's pension from her real job, family money or living on social security and the 200k they managed to stuff under their mattress over the years.

Why confuse these simpletons with multitudes of presprays and specialty spotters, talk of CFMs and inches of lift, $500 lint filters, wands that cost more than $125, carrying two types of upright vacuum cleaners and all the other nerdy methods to our anally compulsive ways. While suppliers like TCS, Olson, CMS and the other independents dont give a squack about the "Bulletin Board" crowd, the bigger companies certainly do. Jon Don, Aramsco, Pemberton even, use the forums to predict the future buying trends as well as to better their own awareness of the issues we face as cleaners. Have you ever met a supply shop employee who knows more about cleaning than you do Marty?

We are the trend setters and the squeaky wheel. We inadvertently create and modify the tools and chemicals for this industry with our discussions and our complaints.

I give Mytee a lot of shit but do you think they would have ever ventured out of making just portables had Greenie not forced John onto MB? Not sure if it's possible, but would they care even less about quality control if not for the belly aching on the forums? We have made them a better company in a 1000 ways. Same for Rotovac, Sapphire, Interlink, PMF, Aerotech and a few other manufacturers that pay attention. We are their sounding board.

Now there are some cleaners who like to come on the boards only to talk shop from the perspective of how do I handle tomorrow's 4000 square foot job all by myself or how do I install an O ring in a QC. MB threatens and bewilders them away as guys like Tom King, Hanna, Chavez, Oz, Appleby and the like talk about running something as foreign and distant as running Sun Micro Systems or a BMW dealership.

I keep a mental record of whom we've lost over the years as the membership here grows more mature and the other sites stay on at a Jr High level discussion. It saddens me to see once active members digress to those sites out of fear or an unwillingness to venture out of their comfort zone. Misery loves company as they say

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
and for some reason Cobb's was inadvertently left out of that discussion.

While he does have many good, if not great products, he obviously does not give a shit about what the board dorks think. In some ways he almost appears to want to do just the opposite. Larry is a funny guy. Just can't figure him out at times. I guess his local market dictates his actions here is what it comes down to.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I also noticed that Jim is using a different container than the one we ship in

NO...this is the exact bucket that you sent to me...it even has your name on it....

P3080404_zpsu0iptkse.jpg

P3080405_zpsyqbr8ynf.jpg

P3080406_zpszzsuehbl.jpg

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yes, most carpet cleaners could care less about education. They took what they learned from their former SS, Coit or Chem Dry job and apply it to their new OO job. Most don't want to grow beyond a helper for the summer and most are content with their situation. What is waiting for them when they can no longer swing a wand? Very likely their wive's pension from her real job, family money or living on social security and the 200k they managed to stuff under their mattress over the years.

Why confuse these simpletons with multitudes of presprays and specialty spotters, talk of CFMs and inches of lift, $500 lint filters, wands that cost more than $125, carrying two types of upright vacuum cleaners and all the other nerdy methods to our anally compulsive ways. While supplier like TCS, Olson, CMS and the other independents dont give a squack about the "Bulletin Board" crowd, the bigger companies certainly do. Jon Don, Aramsco, Pemberton even, use the forums to predict the future buying trends as well as to better their own awareness of the issues we face as cleaners. Have you ever met a supply shop employee who knows more about cleaning than you do Marty?

We are the trend setters and the squeaky wheel. We inadvertently create and modify the tools and chemicals for this industry with our discussions and our complaints.

I give Mytee a lot of shit but do you think the would have ever ventured out of just making portables had Greenie not forced John onto MB? Not sure if it's possible, but would they care even less about quality control if not for the belly aching on the forums? We have made them a better company in a 1000 ways. Same for Rotovac, Sapphire, Interlink, PMF, Aerotech and a few other manufacturers that pay attention. We are their sounding board.

Now there are some cleaners who like to come on the boards only to talk shop from the perspective of how do I handle tomorrow's 4000 square foot job all by myself or how do I install an O ring in a QC. MB threatens and bewilders them away as guys like Tom King, Hanna, Chavez, Oz, Appleby and the like talk about running something as foreign and distant as running Sun Micro Systems or a BMW dealership.

I keep a mental record of who we've lost over the years as the membership here grows more mature and the other sites stay on Jr High level discussion. It saddens me to see once active members digress to those sites out of fear or an unwillingness to venture out of their comfort zone. Misery loves company as they say

Great post, but are those REALLY your words?

Take care,
Lisa

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Both Mike and I have been in larrys chem making side of the building or plant and while it's not 45000 feet of production area it ain't 450 SQft either.

I would say it is a good 5000 SQft or better for the complete operation including all the space occupied by raw materials and both the bey mixers and the liquid mixers.

I don't know if that is big or small as I havent seen prochems or sapphires facilities.

And I thought Duanes chems cleaned well but hard to communicate at times.

Reactions: Mikey P

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I know. There was myself and someone else who mentioned Cobbs products and Tre got all pissy and said we could not mention that name on his board because he doesnt support the board. So as long as you only use *** approved products you are A Ok

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Could it be a shipping issue, getting too HOT at some point?

Posable scenarios prior to delivery are not offered, everything is after customer takes possession IMO.

Since, you mentioned changing the containers, I also noticed that Jim is using a different container than the one we ship in. Another potential way for moisture to be introduced, although he does live in a dry climate.
In our climate here in Dallas, leaving the top off of our 6 gal pails for a while, will leave a hard crust on the top layer of the powder.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
The way I read Larry's response... (paraphrasing) "hey whatever happened occurred after shipment was delivered" he could have left the lid off, got moister in the pail or changed containers etc...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh yeah Jimmy can use big words or make numerous run on sentences just like the best of them................but he needs to know only 2 words............. #### ###!

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
It was interesting to hear Duane's name brought up here a few times. I used to like his chemicals as well and didn't care if they were made in the bath tub or cement mixer. The unpredictably of trying to reach him or get a bill sent to you was always a chore. I think he just spent too much time in the sweat lodge and it made him a little goofy.

Reactions: hogjowl

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah getting a bill 8 months later is just too much. Even when you contacted him a few times to settle up.

Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
Regarding Mikes LONG post praising bulletin board cleaners (which I agree with), isn't it paradoxical that the truly large, apparently successful, businesses that we see DON'T followBB trends?

Try finding a vacuum cleaner or a glide at Hagopian!

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep.

Some of the most popular cleaners in my town have virtually empty trucks.

Two chems, a shitty wand, a $49 hand tool and plenty of happy customers, who also dont know any better..

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Regarding Mikes LONG post praising bulletin board cleaners (which I agree with), isn't it paradoxical that the truly large, apparently successful, businesses that we see DON'T followBB trends?

Try finding a vacuum cleaner or a glide at Hagopian!
Talking with Ken Snow and Brian Hanna, they don't ignore the new products. They evaluate and involve their employees. A couple of weeks ago Brian asked me for Seal A Door contact info.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can see how a door seal could work for them. I mean, it's not like they're running to and from the truck for spotters, the 175, or a vacuum.

They "evaluated" a glide, and found it lacking.

Mikey P

Administrator
Because I read an old thread on all Six Of Us today and you, Boyle and Jimmy were very mean to me.

I like to rub it in on how much a part of your life I've become..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom