BONZER IS COMING

Rotovac

Name
Nick
It's certainly not tall man friendly looking.

The handles will be a little longer on our production version for the freakishly tall but I don't think anyone will find it uncomfortable as the handles are adjustable. Optional weights are also available...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
In the 1990's a guy named Ron Toney had the idea of a 2 handled wand to even out the way it was pushed, to eliminate the carpet cleaner overworking just one side of his body. This looks like something he would have been talking about. The problem is it looks like a lot of work to push and pull while keeping the head on the carpet. We need to see more people using it but when you look at all of MS's videos, the Zipper look effortless by comparison.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
I think that is the version he will sell to the cleaners. Of course I'm almost certain a "third party" will make aftermarket parts and wheels which will make it more useable/versatile. Hint, hint, hint.

If it had wheels that were a sphere that held it ever so slightly off the ground so you don't have to shove it very hard.
I like the looks amd price but it seems you gotta shove it to hard. I need to try it

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
When is Rotovac going to release their version of a Harley?

image.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I see the hinge areaarea as being a problem. Having it up high and in the middle of the head like that will cause it to fold. I'm sure there is someone out there that will love it.

Reactions: Mikey P

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We tried it today even and it just rocked back and forth badly across the residential carpet. The Rotovac guys tried changing the glides around me it helped a little but was still very choppy.

The angle and overall body position of the operating looks to be exhausting and painful if used for any reasonable stretch of time.

I would have imagined If Rotovac was to spend time and possible litigation, they would of at least had a reasonable tool to show and let us try out. For now the tool is nothing but a prototype that does nothing well that I have seen.

Even the glides are half the thickness of Eriks/zippers glides and look like they are thin enough to crack.

Reactions: Nomad74

rick imby

Name
Rick
I thought Erik had a pretty simple and clear patent on his idea, but certainly not my field of knowledge. Interesting to see. If the Bonzer doesn't break the patent then there will definitely be a couple more zipalikes available shortly...

I can see the copymasters from Cali at work designing as we speak... Uggg

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Just looking at this thing and watching the video of it being used...that thing is going to be a back killer.
i shudder to think how many hard working guys are going to spend hard earned money on this only to find they should've waited till they could afford a little bit more on the real deal that is made with the most superior quality, pride and thought.
Thankfully, I already have the best on the market, made by a man who would build nothing but the best.
There is no such thing as a cheaper version of anything, because it will always end up costing you more in the end.
This screams of a poor attempt at making a quick buck off of guys and I think it's going to hurt Rotovac big time.
They should stick to what they do best...rotary cleaners.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He said it had only been tested on commercial where it had no hopping issues. It does have several "fleas". No wheels which make it a chore to push forward. And as you mentioned Kellie it's a back killer. It seems to pull from a higher point instead of the lower point the Zipper pulls from.

He did have the hole and slot glides in the wrong position. "If" they are allowed to continue with production it's not ready in its current state.

All that said, the build its but a fraction of Zipper quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kellie Hiler

FredC

Village Idiot
Not to keep knocking the Bonzer but..............

Even the logo seems to be "copied"

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:zrt96o.2.1

Description of Mark
Color is not claimed as a feature of the mark. The mark consists of the word "BONZER" in capital letters with the letter "Z" extending above and over the letters "BON" and below and under the letters "ER".

bonzer.jpg

Are they unaware because they bought the logo from a "graphic artist" that lifted it, did they make a deal with the can opener company to use the logo, were they like "screw it...why stop copying now :D", ??????

same font, same z, same proportions...........only difference being the inset "Z" within the Z

FredC

Village Idiot
I can't say for sure what happened there.

What I do know is that when having a logo designed, especially with design contest (99designs) /freelancer sites/fivver, make sure you do a trademark search.

Many of those designers pull stylized fonts, characters/mascots, etc from trademarked designs that may cause you issues in the future

also reverse search components of design that may require license

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I can't say for sure what happened there.

What I do know is that when having a logo designed, especially with design contest (99designs) /freelancer sites/fivver, make sure you do a trademark search.

Many of those designers pull stylized fonts, characters/mascots, etc from trademarked designs that may cause you issues in the future

also reverse search components of design that may require license
I can't take credit for this, but stuck me as very fitting.
13051536_10206180078883356_4476008005040017602_n.jpg

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Seems really fooked up to me..........especially since it's an issue RV may not even be aware of..

I could see if it was brought to their attention and they said "screw those limey can-opening fools we'll use it if we want"

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
They probably also didn't realize they made a cheap copy of a zipper.

It's easy: just ask them. "hey rotovacos, do you know your tool looks like a cheap knock off of another existing tool? An do you know your logo is a nearly perfect copy of another companies existing logo?"

Reactions: Nomad74

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
He said it had only been tested on commercial where it had no hopping issues. It does have several "fleas". No wheels which make it a chore to push forward. And as you mentioned Kellie it's a back killer. It seems to pull from a higher point instead of the lower point the Zipper pulls from.

He did have the hole and slot glides in the wrong position. "If" they are allowed to continue with production it's not ready in its current state.

All that said, the build its but a fraction of Zipper quality.
It's like comparing a Yugo to a Mercedes!
Sorry Rotovac....you messed up with this one. Get out while you can!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom