CAN I get a website review from anybody except robinson

steve g

Name
steve garrett
sometimes I think fred just just wants to focus on disagreement rather than agreement. looking at crowleys site. I like it!!! for me it was easy to look at, and honestly the template of it isn't all together a whole lot different than what I have on my own site. yeah my colors are different but both sites have a navigation bar at the top that is simple and easy to see. I personally would want at least one of the changing pictures to be of a cleaner cleaning something. but for me the point was yeah I want to look at this site. with juniors I get the feeling oh shit I clicked on the wrong thing. frankly flooded it was stands out the most to me on juniors site. I think there is design people and optimization people when it comes to sites. the sites that are the best optimized often appear the plainest to me. I totally agree with everything brian is saying, I also realize that I am not a marketing expert, I don't study things like that, however I know what triggers me to keep looking at a website and I can't imagine it being totally different than the mainstream

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve...Your site is ok for what it is....It's just not "carpet cleaning, home owner" focused.

I have no argument in what water damage site should look like....I would imagine it should be more for the insurance company than the home owner...But what the hell do I know. :?:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I own a business Junior 3 vans on the road all day long lately and we are just getting into our busy season. I called you that name because when I told you your site was crap you made a snide comment. I guess you can not take constructive criticism.

Dirtbag O/O and insults not very Christian of you my friend. Praise the lord, maybe he can fix your site:)

The title of your thread is what I would consider "kinda c^nty"

then you said
thanks for posting robinsons absentee ballot, shouldnt you be working on a water loss up there in new england instead of sitting on the board?
always relish the council of a bunch of bdcc'ers (minus chavez) .

Really you can take criticism

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Brian R said:
Here's a good site

http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca/

Except for the ugly dude on the front page...But I hear he's fixing that. :shock:

I like crowleys setup better, the dark blue right when its loading, I don't like. maybe its the colors but crowleys site is refreshing to me. give me a template like that customized with my pictures and content, and I would be happy with it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sooooo where is his site???

I click on the one in his profile, and it comes up with hes not there????

or is it that $25 a room site??

i mean come on crowley...if you have a addy in your profile MAKE SURE IT WORKS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
XTREME1 said:
I own a business Junior 3 vans on the road all day long lately and we are just getting into our busy season. I called you that name because when I told you your site was crap you made a snide comment. I guess you can not take constructive criticism.

Dirtbag O/O and insults not very Christian of you my friend. Praise the lord, maybe he can fix your site:)

The title of your thread is what I would consider "kinda c^nty"

then you said
thanks for posting robinsons absentee ballot, shouldnt you be working on a water loss up there in new england instead of sitting on the board?
[quote:mk451oke] always relish the council of a bunch of bdcc'ers (minus chavez) .
If I cleaned floors for 25 per room I think we all could have 3 trucks on the road what does that have to do with anything? whats next comparing monthly reports on quikbooks? shame on you for your praise the lord retort, do you sing at church with that filthy mouth crowley?

Really you can take criticism[/quote:mk451oke]

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Here are MY thoughts on websites. (Sorry no lady's or bible study focus groups)

The whole point of the site should be to move the sale along.(Not be pretty)

The site only has a second or 2 to get the prospects attention before they click away.

A good way to get attention is with headlines with unique selling positions or headlines with ways you can benefit the prospect with problem they are having or to improve their lives in other ways.

Keep it simple!! Don't make prospects hunt for elements that move the sale along such as; Phone numbers and quote forms (Keep these on top of the fold)

Make it easy by not getting to wordy (Your prospects don't have the time to read all that copy)

Instead tell your story with pictures and less copy.

Don't do your own bragging!!!

All cleaners say they are the best. (This means absolutly nothing to prospects that have been around the block)The bragging carries a lot more weight if you let your clients do the bragging for you.

Have at least a couple of testimonials in a prominent place on page one.

Don't fill the top of the fold with a pretty picture. It wastes a lot of valuable real estate. (Some Prospects won't scroll and they will click away from your site.

As far as videos-Remember prospects are busy. Most prospects won't take the time to see your videos. Don't make your front page predomidently videos. You might think they are great ans super cool. Prospects on the other hand are more prone to be bored and waiting for it to end. Videos or a lot of flash can also be slow loading. (Some prospets may be still using windows 98)

As I keep saying keep it simple.

Give your site a test by giving it a 2 second scan and see if it: tells your story, Stops the prospects in their tracks and easily moves the sale along, from prospect to client.

(If it can do most of this with little or no scrolling all the better)

Here is a site I found.
You can do this test with:

http://www.scs-carpetcleaningservices.co.uk/

In my opinion-It's pretty. But, it goes against much of what I said above.

My 2cent-

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
XTREME1 said:
I am currently converting to being Jewish

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you mean converting to Judaism?

Btw, I’m not criticizing your spelling, but your grammatical (proper use of the English language) errors.

But, in the derogatory since, you are being very Jewish. :lol: :lol: :lol:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I just had a temporary moment of enlightenment and thought to myself how a group of people can get so worked up over cleaning. and it became real to me that all of us are a bunch of nerds

Bob Foster

juniorc82 said:
I just had a temporary moment of enlightenment and thought to myself how a group of people can get so worked up over cleaning. and it became real to me that all of us are a bunch of nerds

Love it!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhhh

cleaning nerds.....get it straight....

besides how many other BDCC that arent "nerds" (come to the boards) have you seen???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ill take my nerd status here thank you very much !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork! !dork!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
ACE I didn't think half this board would understand Judaism

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I didn't bother to read everyone's comments. I figured if this turned into 3 pages probably 2 of the pages are some sort of slug fest going back and forth between a few people.

Only things to consider at quick glance - company info(about me), testimonials, link to leave a review, it loads slow(I have a 30MB connection which is pretty damn quick), where do you rank in search engines ?, start gathering before/after photos(you can use them for SEO purposes as well). You have something about water damage but I didn't see a page for it under your services, if its a service you provide you'll want to tell them what you do if they do have an issue. Remember water damage is an emotionally tragic time for a home owner, be sure to let them know you'll take care of them, make things smooth to deal with insurance, get them fixed quickly.

By the way if its going to mess up how your services page appears, then direct them to click on the logo or add a CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION below it, with a link to a separate page.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
juniorc82 said:

Have you been to a Mikey'sFest??

If you have a bad looking site and rank really well in the searches....this can be a bad thing.

Just simplify it dude.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Hoody just a few quick questions how many businesses have you owned that grossed more than $600,000? How many websites have you had for those businesses? How muchj money was derived from the websites owned by your business?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
None Greg, but everyone already knows that. Stop trying to be the Fred Boyle of the board because you suck at it, just like your comedy routine did in Nashville.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
jeeze yes you say my routine sucked I would love anyone else to step up and get it started without a stage or a mic. I thought most of the material was strong I just thought the venue was rough, I have balls that is why I own a business, you criticize. How is that Facebook question on the employment application going that you started a thread about know it all? Easy sitting on the sidelines critiquing huh

Speaking about balls who was the one who got the guy to sing at dinner? when they said he wouldn't? I get stuff done and you yap

If I didn't have a carpet cleaning business I would have another business, some do and some don't. That is why I made a ton of money before you were cream built up in your daddy

Actually had a great guy on the boards offer me a job in my area , one that pays well and I said sorry not for 3 weeks.

BTW Fred saw me on stage in a real comedy show and I was lights out

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
FredC said:
Brian R said:
...but without them it will make them turn away.

speaking of personal preference...I'd call him before I called you based on your 916 site...talk about "all over the place"

As for crowleys site...its not my favorite...I designed it and put it up in a couple hours to benefit me since his old site was hard to rank. Yes it uses some of the design principles I know work but I wouldn't necessarily use it as an example of what a site should be. That said it ranks really well and gets him work which is what its all about. http://25dollarsaroom.com/

Love this template for 25dollarsaroom- have a site being made myself using something very similar. Easy to work off of this and add in the future. Very easy to read.

Bottom line is fred is a prick but knows what he is talking about. Would you rather hire someone that yeah yeah you to death but doesnt?

All seo guys are different

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
shane I said before I am not sure if I every talked to Fred, maybe once.Who gives a crap I don't need to be stroked and sometimes he sends me these reports showing me where I am and what I am doing and I really don't care. I care about the bottom line and Fred gets me there.
I tried Brian but he made me no money, it may have been he had bad areas but the fact is NO MONEY. I let Brian know my opinion, I should have had hoody give the opinion though because his track record running businesses.

I mean I only took a company from .9 million a year to multile locations and corporate dining doing $20 million. I was only one of the architects of the Sodexho and Marriot Foodservice mergers worth over 1 billion. I brought Coca Cola to new levels in corporate dining through Aramark and Sodexho in 1996 and recieved a bonus of over $100,000 but what do I know

Oh wait I forgot my part time business will do over 3/4 of a million this year and possibly a million(if I survive) in only my third year full time

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The post before yours about Harper.....I'm just shittin and gigglin for some reason.

Just messin wit yous

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom