Cleaning with Encapsulation + Dry Compound

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I like the "saw dust better than the synthetic powder. While both are difficult to remove, the powder seems much harder due to particle size.

and you guys are worried about a few ounces of Encap solution spread over several hundred feet. :biggrin:

Weigh how much compound you spread and how much you recover. But don't worry...it keeps working for you....until it dries out and decides to join the other side. :eekk:

Seriously vacuuming is where the real work is being done. Don't rush the vacuuming!

with the brush pro i can retrieve nearly 100% of the compound. only exception is if it gets right up against an edge, other than that it all goes right into the bins.

Reactions: J Scott W

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I am hoping to get a CRB this spring and have a few questions about encap. We very rarely do it and have used a 175 with bonnets when we did.
We have one particular account that I would like consider using the CRB method on. It is a chain of check cashing branches. We cannot start until they close and only have 45 minutes to work. I do the fronts with the TM (carpet and tile) while my helper does the backs with a porty because there is a security door that has to be locked at all times. I would like to be able to forego the porty and encap instead.
The carpet is never oily, it is just typical dry soils, with an occasional coffee spill. What would be the most efficient way to do this?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I am hoping to get a CRB this spring and have a few questions about encap. We very rarely do it and have used a 175 with bonnets when we did.
We have one particular account that I would like consider using the CRB method on. It is a chain of check cashing branches. We cannot start until they close and only have 45 minutes to work. I do the fronts with the TM (carpet and tile) while my helper does the backs with a porty because there is a security door that has to be locked at all times. I would like to be able to forego the porty and encap instead.
The carpet is never oily, it is just typical dry soils, with an occasional coffee spill. What would be the most efficient way to do this?
how many sq feet in front, and how many square feet in back?
can you vacuum while they are open? and not on the 45 min window?

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers

I would dry extract with a CRB + renovators first as most of the soil load is removed on the dry passes before you even apply chemistry. What's left will be residues... so, then encap the area, and add a little compound in the traffic lanes. Brush all in and then brush out. Then pull hoses for you on the front side!

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I would dry extract with a CRB + renovators first as most of the soil load is removed on the dry passes before you even apply chemistry. What's left will be residues... so, then encap the area, and add a little compound in the traffic lanes. Brush all in and then brush out. Then pull hoses for you on the front side!

Speaking like a salesman....

But she may not need to drop thousands of dollars on getting a crb if she can easily get it done with what she already has.

I don't know her money situation but I feel that she could do well without spending on this.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
if its a very small area, extraction might actually be faster. encap excels on large areas.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i used to encapoo with a 175 and a tan pad, brush pro isn't necessary if you cannot make your money back from saving tm time, and chemicals.

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers

But she may not need to drop thousands of dollars on getting a crb if she can easily get it done with what she already has.

I don't know her money situation but I feel that she could do well without spending on this.

True, however the CRB question was asked...I'm not aware of a 175 that can pick up dry soils.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
how many sq feet in front, and how many square feet in back?
can you vacuum while they are open? and not on the 45 min window?
The sq footage varies from store to store. The biggest one is about 900 sq feet in the back. Yes we can vacuum when they are open, they always vacuum for us as well before we get there. They vacuum every night as well.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler

I cannot use the 175 anymore...I have a very bad back and cannot lug that thing around. Also the rocking motion is hard on me.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Thank you! So it is a very simple process. And I wouldn't have to lug my big porty around taking up most of my equipment space. Sounds like a winner!

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I'm waiting until the spring when things pick up, just planning ahead and doing my research. I believe the 10 inch CRB is around $2000 with extra brushes?
All I wanted to know was what is the best process with that equipment for lightly soiled, well maintained commercial carpet.
As I said earlier, I cannot lug around heavy equipment anymore because I have 3 badly torn and ruptured discs so I am researching more effective solutions.
I want to make sure that using the CRB would be feasible and efficient for this account.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I'm waiting until the spring when things pick up, just planning ahead and doing my research. I believe the 10 inch CRB is around $2000 with extra brushes?
All I wanted to know was what is the best process with that equipment for lightly soiled, well maintained commercial carpet.
As I said earlier, I cannot lug around heavy equipment anymore because I have 3 badly torn and ruptured discs so I am researching more effective solutions.
I want to make sure that using the CRB would be feasible and efficient for this account.

if you can run a sweeper you can run a crb. and you need to be able to lift 38-50 lbs depending on which one you get.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
A couple of weird questions for some of you in the know.

(I currently use mainly my Cimex on commercial, or my Sprayborg in residential.)

In a small office of say around 10,000 F2, roughly how long would it take to clean using a CRB like the BrushPro, from get there to leave ?

How do you "hand spread" the correct amount of dry compound?

Cost wise, what would your average cost for product be in a job of this size??

Finally, how does this method compare, time wise, to using the Cimex?

Many thanks for your patience with a tired old man. :dejection:

:yoda:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

I think you'll find that a 10" machine would be kind of small/light for doing any degree of commercial work. The 15" machine would truly be a better size to consider for commercial work. We have the GENUINE Austrian built 15" BrushEncap machines priced right about the point you're hoping to be hitting... http://www.excellent-supply.com/Bru...rush-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-TM4br_p_101.html It's an awesome unit! :biggrin:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In a small office of say around 10,000 F2, roughly how long would it take to clean using a CRB like the BrushPro, from get there to leave ?
85-minutes! :winky:

The banner ad says 7000sq/ft an hour.
So using that as a guide, it breaks down to .0085 sq/ft a minute X 10,000sq/ft = 85-minutes. :bull:

It just might take a wee bit longer than that Shorty! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I think you'll find that a 10" machine would be kind of small/light for doing any degree of commercial work. The 15" machine would truly be a better size to consider for commercial work. We have the GENUINE Austrian built 15" BrushEncap machines priced right about the point you're hoping to be hitting... http://www.excellent-supply.com/Bru...rush-Carpet-Cleaning-Machine-TM4br_p_101.html It's an awesome unit! :biggrin:
The main reason I wanted the 10 inch is because I want to be able to agitate stairs as well as residential carpet. I hadn't thought about weight being a factor on commercial. My main purpose of getting one is for pre agitation on all our jobs along with scrubbing tile and grout. And thought about the possibility of using it to encap this one commercial account rather than using the portable. The cost is a bit more considering I would also need to get the other brushes. Are you saying the 10 inch is definitely not heavy enough to do small commercial jobs with it?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
85-minutes! :winky:

The banner ad says 7000sq/ft an hour.
So using that as a guide, it breaks down to .0085 sq/ft a minute X 10,000sq/ft = 85-minutes. :bull:

It just might take a wee bit longer than that Shorty! :biggrin:

For comparison::::::::::::

http://bennettdirect.com.au/productsheet/Dry & Wet Cleaner_1.pdf

Also, please bear in mind that us vertically challenged people can't walk as fast as you guys with your heads in the clouds, so my coverage would be less.

A lot less. :dejection:

:yoda:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Kellie,
your back and physical health are your most important and essential tools. I know you are well aware of it, so this is just a positive reinforcement.
Unless you have a helper, get a machine that will not cause any issues for your back and will be easy to lug around. I have the same back issues and therefore dropped all my portable machine clients. Granted in S.F with all the high rises and apts it is more challenging. And it is not only about the weight of the machine, it is also how cumbersome it is to unload and move around.

If the 15" CRB machine is not too cumbersome for you, it will work a lot faster. Get the 10" if the lightness and maneuverability is what you like and are willing to compromise speed (it will take more time.)

You do not need a 10" crb to agitate stairs. It is another BB phenomena de jour silliness (see Under Larry Capitoni). Strictly for the aging Lotharios like R.C and Mr. positive, who are yet to meet a new tool they didn't like :winky:.

Been cleaning stairs for many years and have done quite well without it. Spray a little more pre-spray, agitate lightly with a hand brush and give it a little more dwell time. You'll be just fine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom