Dynachem DC 534

Name
jack zerkie
I have the base 2045 9yrs and no down time wide open and very simple. The factory unit is to loud so I had a private muffler guy add another bullet muffler under the right side of my truck. Exhaust come out behind the right front tire. Very quiet makes a major difference. Call me for more info . 239-851-3102 jz.

F

FB7777

Im currently running an Amtex and it been a great machine just looking for something to last me another 5 years or so till i retire. 30 years doing this tried all the name brands just want a hardcore unit to get me through to retirement!
30 year Veteran to 30 year veteran I'd go with a gently used Butler if money was the restriction

After the 5 years you'll still have a solid unit to sell when you retire

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
For at least six years here there have been issues raised about the lack of belt tensioning adjustments on these TX built machines.

That's a reliable indication of other design flaws

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's a lot of money. You could get name brand for that. I'd look at a Rage or 370.
The rage has nowhere near the power or heat. My biggest concern with Larry's unit would be over heating. A bypass system would solve that problem. Jack Z. Doesn't seem to have ant problems with his. Probably does his own maintenance. Pretty simple machines.

Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The rage has nowhere near the power or heat. My biggest concern with Larry's unit would be over heating. A bypass system would solve that problem. Jack Z. Doesn't seem to have ant problems with his. Probably does his own maintenance. Pretty simple machines.
I made no heat, power or reliability claims ??? 🤔

I spoke about the cost of an off brand vs name brand. That is a lot of money for a non-name brand.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I made no heat, power or reliability claims ??? 🤔

I spoke about the cost of an off brand vs name brand. That is a lot of money for a non-name brand.
You need to be a little bigger than a 370 to compare apples to apples. I have no experience with the unit but looking at the components, it seems powerful and simple.

Reactions: Deke Hatley
F

FB7777

I have the base 2045 9yrs and no down time wide open and very simple. The factory unit is to loud so I had a private muffler guy add another bullet muffler under the right side of my truck. Exhaust come out behind the right front tire. Very quiet makes a major difference. Call me for more info . 239-851-3102 jz.
These garage brokemounts cut corners in the silliest ways

Shouldn't noise abatement be a priority?

Bite the bullet, buy a Butler and cruise into retirement with the best

Name
jack zerkie
What air cooled engines do the big guys use. Not all of their units are 3 cylinders water cooled. I had the Hydramaster 31 hp water cooled and it wouldn't run here in fl. The problem was vapor lock and after 2 yrs of problems I figured it out and fixed it my self almost went out of business. But sold it and moved on. jz

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
A Cobb unit is a great choice, ran one for 4-5 years back when we really used to clean a lot of carpet.

It ran very well and was very dependable, just not idiot proof.

Does not have a waste water shut off, does not have protection for the pressure pump, most don’t even have water pump clutches, by pass is achieved by manually switching hoses- on and off heat exchanger just to name some that come back to me thinking back.

Right now I have a buddy’s truck (he going through a rough patch) out back in the yard that’s over 11 years old and keeps running.

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
30 year Veteran to 30 year veteran I'd go with a gently used Butler if money was the restriction

After the 5 years you'll still have a solid unit to sell when you retire
Well no offense but we ran a Butler for a couple of years and it was great when it ran but seemed like it always had some little problems and we couldn't work on them or it voided the warrenty. So to get an authorized mechanic to fix the darn thing was always a pain along with a ton of down time. I suppose that with a used one with no warrantry you could fix it yourself but just seems like it might require a higher level of mechanicing ability. Im also concerned that the van engine is running all day that may not show on the odometer but it is wear on the engine. And it seemed like our fuel bill was a lot higher on the Butler compared to our Prochem slide ins.

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam and Jimmy L
Name
Lee Stockwell
Well no offense but we ran a Butler for a couple of years and it was great when it ran but seemed like it always had some little problems and we couldn't work on them or it voided the warrenty. So to get an authorized mechanic to fix the darn thing was always a pain along with a ton of down time. I suppose that with a used one with no warrantry you could fix it yourself but just seems like it might require a higher level of mechanicing ability. Im also concerned that the van engine is running all day that may not show on the odometer but it is wear on the engine. And it seemed like our fuel bill was a lot higher on the Butler compared to our Prochem slide ins.
Let me guess, how old was it?

Reactions: FB7777

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Let me guess, how old was it?
Actually the company that I was working for at the time bought it brand new like 0 miles on the van they brought it to us on a carhauler if I remember right. Thing was like $50,000 I think. Like I said when it ran it was awesome but we did have a few issues on it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yeah but Mark, do you really think a company with research and development that has built thousands of units can build a unit better than Daryl and his other brother Daryl can in Larry's garage? 😉

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yeah but Mark, do you really think a company with research and development that has built thousands of units can build a unit better than Daryl and his other brother Daryl can in Larry's garage? 😉
SmartSelect_20190505-080452_Gallery.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A Cobb unit is a great choice, ran one for 4-5 years back when we really used to clean a lot of carpet.

It ran very well and was very dependable, just not idiot proof.

Does not have a waste water shut off, does not have protection for the pressure pump, most don’t even have water pump clutches, by pass is achieved by manually switching hoses- on and off heat exchanger just to name some that come back to me thinking back.

Right now I have a buddy’s truck (he going through a rough patch) out back in the yard that’s over 11 years old and keeps running.
Most of us carpet cleaners don’t know what the hell we are doing when we first get in this business. Add those problems to the puzzle and you’re just waiting for a new business to fail.

Reactions: FB7777
F

FB7777

How could a Cobbled unit be idiot proof...

Without basic things a waste tank shut off it sounds like it was designed by an idiot

For that kind of money, I'd expect features that protect my investment and prevent downtime

F

FB7777

Just practical ya dope

The whole idea behind purchasing a generic mount on the cheap is to save cash for equivalent features

Not get a fookin Yugo with brakes and windshield wipers as option upgrades

And btw Chavez, you don't need to defend me from a guy who's scrotum gets hammered by his knees like a boxers speed bag when he climbs stairs

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Well here are some things to consider from my side. I live in a very small town and there isnt a single name brand dealer anywhere within 4 hrs drive. So I have always had to do all of my own work on my machines. Therefore the simplicity thing is very important to me. So this is why I lean more towards the "garage built" type because I can usually figure out any issues and fix them myself. Just another thought to the consider. Its been about 15 years since I ran a name brand. We had a Butler that seemed to always have little things going wrong with it also we had 2 Prochems and same thing nothing major but it seemed to always have to go to the shop to be diagnosed and fixed so as not to void the warrenty and Then we had a Boxxer that was constantly broke down. So these are the things I'm weighing before I make my final decision. And lastly is cost. We only gross around $100,000 or so per year and Im gonna be scaling back in the next 5 years or so. Therefore I'm really not wanting to start up another high dollar business loan. So for me borrowing something in the $17,000 range is only like a $400 a month payment. That's cake. Im really not wanting to be tied down to big $800-1000 dollar payment the nex 5 years. Id have to work non stop and Im getting to old for that crap! So not sure if this will change any opinions but kinda just giving my thought process. Any input is appreciated.

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I live in NM so also take into consideration how far I would have to drive to go purchase my unit and have it installed. Like I said the nearest big name distributers aren't so close to me. And like I said if I bought a Prochem for example and had to have it worked on it would be a 4 hr drive to the shop plus who Knows how long it would take them to get it in and then do the repair work. Thats a lot of down time. I'm looking at that Dynchem and thinking ok what's the worst thing that could go wrong? I blow the Kohler engine. Well a brand new engine if that happend is $2,500 and I could actullly put it on myself. Once again just some other angles to consider.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom