Dynachem DC 534

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Hard to argue with you Marty... bet then it's fairly simple to be better than most of you freaks

I focused on how to gain customers, invest my profits and once the Internet forums blossomed, I sought out to buy the best money maker I could find

I have no doubt that Deke had a bad experience with his Butler 15 years ago, albeit minor issues according to him

Buying a shitmount in the twilight of his career is a bad idea IMO

I'll be buying another brand new Butler next year for tax advantages and as a replacement to my 2005 unit
And ultimately eliminate TM headaches

These bypass, shutoff, blah blah blah issues seem ridiculous to me... a reliable unit isn't that much more money

I know you agree with me, Mr twin late model Cleanco owner
I looked at Butler leases as you suggested. Sorry but I'm not signing on for $900 a month for the next 5 years I wanna be able start scaling back in 2 years when my wife retires and my kids out of college and can't do that with $900 payment. You also need to consider where I live. We don't make anywhere near what you guys do in big areas. Most of my business is for property management companies and people moving out of their rentals not a lot of homeowners do their own houses very often because they don't make much and can't afford it. So no add ons to sell for extra money. A $250 house where I live is huge. Most of the houses I do are $120-$150 also through in a lot of small $65-75 aparments. We have an air force base so people are always coming and going and thats why rentals are the main market. Very few people around here make a lot of money so the pricing is pretty low. We had a few of the big name companies come in here with their high pricing and fancy marketing and every one of them left within a year or two. People just can't/won't pay those prices. I've been in business here for the longest and everybody knows me so I stay plenty busy. I don't know what others charge but I'll give you another example we get .18 cents a sq. ft. for commercial jobs. That aint much compared to what people pay in large markets. So it's just kinda hard to wrap my brain around borrowing 25-45 thousand bucks that all of the "big names" are charging. I got my Amtex 8-9 years ago for like $15,000 and I has been a really durable easy to work on relatively good unit. But it's just getting old like me. Just wanted to add some perspective. Heck if we had the kind of market that a guy could run like $800-1,000 a day then I'd be all in with a bigger loan. But we just don't. I just lost another competitor the other day. Saw him at the gas station and he said I'm out I can't make any money here. Well, he had some big awesome machine can't remember what but it was a new one and very nice. And a brand new van. He lasted less then a year because he couldn't make enough money to pay for his equipment.

FredC

Village Idiot
who was the dude out west that blew up his van due to HX explode?
Think he was a ChemLie franchise that went off the res with chems and equipment

..L.T.A.

Albert Lazo

:eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk::eekk:

DSCN0775.jpg

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
S
I looked at Butler leases as you suggested. Sorry but I'm not signing on for $900 a month for the next 5 years I wanna be able start scaling back in 2 years when my wife retires and my kids out of college and can't do that with $900 payment. You also need to consider where I live. We don't make anywhere near what you guys do in big areas. Most of my business is for property management companies and people moving out of their rentals not a lot of homeowners do their own houses very often because they don't make much and can't afford it. So no add ons to sell for extra money. A $250 house where I live is huge. Most of the houses I do are $120-$150 also through in a lot of small $65-75 aparments. We have an air force base so people are always coming and going and thats why rentals are the main market. Very few people around here make a lot of money so the pricing is pretty low. We had a few of the big name companies come in here with their high pricing and fancy marketing and every one of them left within a year or two. People just can't/won't pay those prices. I've been in business here for the longest and everybody knows me so I stay plenty busy. I don't know what others charge but I'll give you another example we get .18 cents a sq. ft. for commercial jobs. That aint much compared to what people pay in large markets. So it's just kinda hard to wrap my brain around borrowing 25-45 thousand bucks that all of the "big names" are charging. I got my Amtex 8-9 years ago for like $15,000 and I has been a really durable easy to work on relatively good unit. But it's just getting old like me. Just wanted to add some perspective. Heck if we had the kind of market that a guy could run like $800-1,000 a day then I'd be all in with a bigger loan. But we just don't. I just lost another competitor the other day. Saw him at the gas station and he said I'm out I can't make any money here. Well, he had some big awesome machine can't remember what but it was a new one and very nice. And a brand new van. He lasted less then a year because he couldn't make enough money to pay for his equipment.
Should have bought his machine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I never said I’d buy one of those Neanderthal units, Phred.
I was just telling the dude what he wants to hear, since he’s already made up his mind anyway
No actually I haven't made up my mind yet. All I know is that I do need a new machine. I have looked around and just can't seem to find one in the $17,000 price range that has comparable power, suction, heat, etc. Heck that little Sapphire Scientific Rage is like $15,000 with no istallation, no freshwater tank. And I don't know all the different brands out there I could very well have missed on some good ones. That is why I'm on here asking for suggestions. Any input is much appreciated. I also just dont feel real comfortable with a used one. Never know how the other guy ran it or how often he changed the oil. Anybody can clean one up to make it look good till they get your money. Learned that on a used boat I bought one time test drove it with the guy ran perfect. Bought it and took it out the next weekend boom engine blew. Repair shop said it would cost almost as much to fix it as it was worth. So I would love any suggestions on other new units in this same price range. Thanks!

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
So, it's not likely to blow up.
So lemme ask. If im doing normal carpet cleaning and don't stop to answer the phone or something why would I have to worry about it blowing up the HX? I usually take all my calls with my earbuds in so I can continue to clean. I someone is calling to schedule I'll either go idle down for a few minutes or if I'm only gonna 15-20 minutes I usally just tell them I call them in a few minutes when I can stop. Asking seriously not facetiosly.

Reactions: hogjowl

FredC

Village Idiot
why would I have to worry about it blowing up the HX?
you wouldn't

*provided the pressure relief valve functions

Edit: the cobb unit uses the blower exhaust to regulate the temperature so under normal operating conditions no bypass is needed and the pressure relief is just a safety feature

Last edited:

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I think ill just buy brand name equipment for the duration of my career...
I you can afford it thats a great Idea. I would too if I was about 15 years younger and could still do 5 houses a day by myself. I just don't wanna be obligated to do that every day because of a high loan payment. Just different markets like I wrote earlier.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So lemme ask. If im doing normal carpet cleaning and don't stop to answer the phone or something why would I have to worry about it blowing up the HX? I usually take all my calls with my earbuds in so I can continue to clean. I someone is calling to schedule I'll either go idle down for a few minutes or if I'm only gonna 15-20 minutes I usally just tell them I call them in a few minutes when I can stop. Asking seriously not facetiosly.
You're not going have to worry as long as the pressure relief valve works as shown in the video. I would the by-pass wand that you have from your amtex unit. Serves a couple of purposes. 1-it can by-pass until your heat is there before you start cleaning, 2-it can keep water flowing if you need to move furniture or answer the phone.

Reactions: Deke Hatley

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
No actually I haven't made up my mind yet. All I know is that I do need a new machine. I have looked around and just can't seem to find one in the $17,000 price range that has comparable power, suction, heat, etc. Heck that little Sapphire Scientific Rage is like $15,000 with no istallation, no freshwater tank. And I don't know all the different brands out there I could very well have missed on some good ones. That is why I'm on here asking for suggestions. Any input is much appreciated. I also just dont feel real comfortable with a used one. Never know how the other guy ran it or how often he changed the oil. Anybody can clean one up to make it look good till they get your money. Learned that on a used boat I bought one time test drove it with the guy ran perfect. Bought it and took it out the next weekend boom engine blew. Repair shop said it would cost almost as much to fix it as it was worth. So I would love any suggestions on other new units in this same price range. Thanks!
If I were you, I’d call a sales rep from Jondon, Legend Brands, etc and see what used models they have in stock. Get the dealer to look it over before they ship it to you and have your best mechanic help you install it. It’s not rocket science. I just traded my Titan in for a bigger tm and it had only 1700hrs on it. I’m sure the buyer is happy with it. And it was in your price range.

F

FB7777

I you can afford it thats a great Idea. I would too if I was about 15 years younger and could still do 5 houses a day by myself. I just don't wanna be obligated to do that every day because of a high loan payment. Just different markets like I wrote earlier.

The cost differential from brand name to garage mount is nothing like you describe

If you are fixed on spending $17k then there's no discussion I suppose

But you don't have to ' do 5 jobs a day ' to make up the difference

You're only talking a couple hundred extra a month, even in small market that's a couple jobs a month

If you can sell and are motivated to get the work then a TM payment is a joke

Google Clovis NM carpet cleaners... guys are doing it . You been at it 30 years, you must have run into a couple companies that know how to make bank in this racket

Reactions: DAT

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I see some nice used truckmounts all the time out west. Nothing but wore out junk and tcs machines over here down in the southeast.

Buy used

Reactions: DAT

FredC

Village Idiot
I think ill just buy brand name equipment for the duration of my career...

It happened because he did not add any type of relief to the system when he added the exchanger.

This is not the case with most HE units.........even the ones from Texas

Reactions: DAT and Cleanworks
Name
Lee Stockwell
I bought 2 new ones out of TX from a guy who later made them for Cobb as well. Between the two we usually kept one running. We also had the wand bypass to control heat.

It was educational. I'd love to spare you my lessons.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I bought 2 new ones out of TX from a guy who later made them for Cobb as well. Between the two we usually kept one running. We also had the wand bypass to control heat.

It was educational. I'd love to spare you my lessons.
If you don't mind me asking what were the issues you had?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You might want to look at Diamond Products US. They will sell you a private labeled prochem or hydramaster unit for less than the big boys. They have been advertising here 2019 Chevy vans installed with a Boxer 318 for $597 per month. I would go with the Boxxer423 personally. Little more power and heat.

Reactions: Deke Hatley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom