Dynachem DC 534

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I'm not 100% sold yet on the Dynachem. But, to me it seems to be the most powerful one I can find in that price range and that fits the other parameters I'm considering. I also have no interest in any machine with a separate heater for the water. Only HX machines. Like I said any comments and suggestions are much appreciated,

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
While your at it. You can sign up for Roger Lloyd’s guru talk.

689279BE-B32A-46C1-914A-DB2F4C3C699E.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Most of my units, I disconnected the auto shut off for the waste tank. They tend to shut off prematurely. You learn when it's time to dump. As long as the machine runs, squirts and sucks, you're in business. I would just watch the heat on those machines. I don't think you can put the wand down too long with those without it getting too hot. Maybe take a look at the amtex inferno 500. I think it's in the same price range with better heat control apparantly.

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Most of my units, I disconnected the auto shut off for the waste tank. They tend to shut off prematurely. You learn when it's time to dump. As long as the machine runs, squirts and sucks, you're in business. I would just watch the heat on those machines. I don't think you can put the wand down too long with those without it getting too hot. Maybe take a look at the amtex inferno 500. I think it's in the same price range with better heat control apparantly.
I have an Amtex right now and it has been a great machine and Ben is good at customer service. But he does use a lot of little sensors that go out all the time and after having it for around 6 years it doesnt heat too great. One of the main reasons I like the Dynachem is its soo simple doesn't look like it has a whole lot of things that could break which would be hard to fix myself with easy to get parts that I don't have to order. Or at least that's how it looks.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I a
I have an Amtex right now and it has been a great machine and Ben is good at customer service. But he does use a lot of little sensors that go out all the time and after having it for around 6 years it doesnt heat too great. One of the main reasons I like the Dynachem is its soo simple doesn't look like it has a whole lot of things that could break which would be hard to fix myself with easy to get parts that I don't have to order. Or at least that's how it looks.
[/QUO. I agree on the little sensors. Good that it protects your machine, bad that they malfunction and shut you down. I like the concept of the Dynachem and the simplicity. I do most of my own work as well.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Some of my jobs I run 300’ and still beats any portable I’ve ever used. Good suction still. I just keep the wand down on the carpets during the long runs. So 100’-200’ is ideal! The heat is crazy. My high flow Zipper Wand will cool it down but only if I run a while with full trigger. Otherwise running a wand or Rotovac it keeps really really hot.
This is true for most truckmounts

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Yeah they are great in theory. But if you keep an eye on your fluids and do routine maintenence I don't see any reason I need a low oil level shutoff sensor. Also as for an auto shutoff for the recovery tank like you said after doing this for so many years I can tell when a job is big enough to fill my tank so I would need to drain some out at the halfway point. And I've gone through multiple recovery tank sensors. All those lights and switches and sensors are nice to have when theyr'e working. But when they go out its a pain to order them wait for them pay for them and replace them.

Reactions: Cleanworks

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Descale

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I do weekly and no major improvement. I think its just getting to the end of its road and it seems dumb to me anyway to put a bunch of money into trying to refurbish an old machine. In my experience once they start having problems its kinda a chain reaction where multiple things keep breaking. I mean would you keep pouring money into a car if it had like 250,000 miles on it? There just seems like there comes a point where you just have bite the bullet an buy a new one. Sucks though to spend money for a new one.

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
But they’re local dude

View attachment 90681
My wand that came from Amtex has a really simple remedy for that. He welded a little tube to the side of the wand and connected it to the trigger with a little ball valve and whenever you have to set it down to take a call you just crack that valve open a tad and it lets water bypass into the wand that gets sucked back into the machine so no fear of overheating. I'm probably just gonna keep using that wand so overheating won't be an issue.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My wand that came from Amtex has a really simple remedy for that. He welded a little tube to the side of the wand and connected it to the trigger with a little ball valve and whenever you have to set it down to take a call you just crack that valve open a tad and it lets water bypass into the wand that gets sucked back into the machine so no fear of overheating. I'm probably just gonna keep using that wand so overheating won't be an issue.
You might want to think about an auto pumpout. Hydro-force makes a 115 volt model that goes inline with your vac hose. Also acts as a filter screen. Let's you do large jobs with dumping. I have 2 old plexi-glass versions that are over 20 years old and still work fine.

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
You might want to think about an auto pumpout. Hydro-force makes a 115 volt model that goes inline with your vac hose. Also acts as a filter screen. Let's you do large jobs with dumping. I have 2 old plexi-glass versions that are over 20 years old and still work fine.
Cool I'll take a look thanks!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If your wand came from Amtex it's probably a West-pac

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What year model is your Amtex? You said you had it for around 6 years. Has the exhaust manifolds burned in half yet? I’m sure you’ve found that any custom made part is a pain to put on because they’re not the exact same size.

I’m sorry you’ve had to waste your time descaling every week. The rust in the water probably fools you, making you think there is some buildup. It’s just the galvanized metal in those models where the hoses weren’t stainless steel.

And your hypro pump...how many times have you rebuilt/replaced it?

The noise must be making you deaf because those cheap mufflers aren’t accessible to replace when they rust out.

As you can probably see, I’m an Amtex victim. And after just 6years, you shouldn’t be looking for another tm. If you’re looking for another tm and don’t want to spend a fortune and have easy maintenance issues, any of the three majors with a kubota engine will treat you right. Just look for a used one. You won’t regret it. After the things I read so far on this thread...you’ll regret getting s Cobbs if the rumors are true above.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
What year model is your Amtex? You said you had it for around 6 years. Has the exhaust manifolds burned in half yet? I’m sure you’ve found that any custom made part is a pain to put on because they’re not the exact same size.

I’m sorry you’ve had to waste your time descaling every week. The rust in the water probably fools you, making you think there is some buildup. It’s just the galvanized metal in those models where the hoses weren’t stainless steel.

The noise must be making you deaf because those cheap mufflers aren’t accessible to replace when they rust out.

As you can probably see, I’m an Amtex victim. And after just 6years, you shouldn’t be looking for another tm. If you’re looking for another tm and don’t want to spend a fortune and have easy maintenance issues, any of the three majors with a kubota engine will treat you right. Just look for a used one. You won’t regret it. After the things I read so far on this thread...you’ll regret getting s Cobbs if the rumors are true above.
Thanks for the reply. The descaling is because or water is really hard. I gotte replace my water heater at the house like every 5 years. I only had to replace my pump once like a couple of months ago. And no my mufflers aren't rusted out yet either. A used one probably not an option around here we are a pretty small town and dont really have any big cities anywhere close also no one around here to install it. Im also just not willing to start another big loan at my age. All the big 3 just cost more than I wanna borrow. Like I said earlier $17,000 is only like a $400 payment that's cake and I can take off anytime I want without the stress of some big payment hanging over my head for the next 5 years. Oh I also have 2 kids in college.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley

You know what I lied my wife thinks I got that machine more like 8-9 years ago. Its a 30/47 stack. It doesn't look anything like the new one. Actually been a good machine its just getting worn out.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
You can wrench and your not a noob, never seen a cobbs unit (damn they aint petite) but the only thing would really concern me is the hx bypass or lack of.. but seems your used to that

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
You can wrench and your not a noob, never seen a cobbs unit (damn they aint petite) but the only thing would really concern me is the hx bypass or lack of.. but seems your used to that
Well the first thing I plan on doing is what my Amtex has on it. It's a ball valve that has a hose on it that runs through the floor right bend the quick connect for the pressure hose. Open that valve a bit for flood work and full bore at the end of a job while I roll up the hoses to cool it off. Super easy and effective.

F

FB7777

Dude, there’s nothing wrong with that TM
Boyle is an elitist. Don’t pay any attention to him.

Hard to argue with you Marty... bet then it's fairly simple to be better than most of you freaks

I focused on how to gain customers, invest my profits and once the Internet forums blossomed, I sought out to buy the best money maker I could find

I have no doubt that Deke had a bad experience with his Butler 15 years ago, albeit minor issues according to him

Buying a shitmount in the twilight of his career is a bad idea IMO

I'll be buying another brand new Butler next year for tax advantages and as a replacement to my 2005 unit
And ultimately eliminate TM headaches

These bypass, shutoff, blah blah blah issues seem ridiculous to me... a reliable unit isn't that much more money

I know you agree with me, Mr twin late model Cleanco owner

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no overheat by-pass would seem the biggest concern .
surely there's some kind of pop-off valve to blow steam when pressures get dangerous ??

who was the dude out west that blew up his van due to HX explode?
Think he was a ChemLie franchise that went off the res with chems and equipment

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

who was the dude out west that blew up his van due to HX explode?
Think he was a ChemLie franchise that went off the res with chems and equipment

..L.T.A.

Poor shmuck probably made the cover The Bane Clene Times back in the day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom