For HWE'rs - Your Best Alternative

Mikey P

Administrator
Happy fooled clients..

Let me come run a wand over your finished product in front of one them and we'll see how happy they are.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Happy fooled clients..

Let me come run a wand over your finished product in front of one them and we'll see how happy they are.

So now you think people are all stupid. :hopeless:FYI the majority of my clients have used steam cleaners in the past and would never go back to hiring a steam cleaner again. They absolutely love VLM carpet cleaning.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I used a Von Schrader for a couple years before getting a Deep Steam Portable demo on my own carpets. I bought the DSP on the spot and have never used VS again. Now, however, If I couldn't use a truck mount I would quit. The DSP was a pretty good machine but oh so much work to get a carpet clean. Padding is okay for some commercial but inappropriate for most residential unless just doing an interim touch up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd pad if the situation would allow me to. If it was overall filthy and would not clean very well or then I might not use OP.
I've used OP on my own home in the winter and it did a really nice job on it. A little crunchy but then I may have over done it with the chems. It was pretty bad in a few traffic areas from tracking in winter's mud & dirt.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I'd pad if the situation would allow me to. If it was overall filthy and would not clean very well or then I might not use OP.
I've used OP on my own home in the winter and it did a really nice job on it. A little crunchy but then I may have over done it with the chems. It was pretty bad in a few traffic areas from tracking in winter's mud & dirt.

In a heavy soil situation like that I use the VS first to do the dig out (no pre spray) then OP with micro fiber then glads to finish then post vac. Finishing with the glads will all but dry the carpet. I have never had crunchy carpet doing it like this.

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
but Mardie....what about the boogers ..snot.....piss and other body fluids that we ALL know that are in the carpets...huh?
you...are a smearer!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm serious (rare for me) but Mardie how does the VS do that? Isn't it a reel type system where foam is put down cylindrical and then vacuumed up? How often do you have to dump the recovery tank? You really feel the dirt is captured in the foam?

I always figured it to be more of an encap type system where the real soil (that not prevacuumed out) is removed by vacuuming after dry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H3jqAfKzLs

I think I'd try using it for upholstery before I'd ever use it for carpets. :neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I'm serious (rare for me) but Mardie how does the VS do that? Isn't it a reel type system where foam is put down cylindrical and then vacuumed up? How often do you have to dump the recovery tank? You really feel the dirt is captured in the foam?

I always figured it to be more of an encap type system where the real soil (that not prevacuumed out) is removed by vacuuming after dry.

Picture a CRB then add 4x more weight and the largest brush in this industry. When used in the proper direction of the way the carpet lays the brush will dig up the particulate from the base of the carpet and with the foam it is readily carried into the vacuum shoe. My return tank is clear plastic and i hold it up to see exactly what was in the carpet. On bad carpet it looks like black sludge with lots of debri. I will go over it until the tank comes clear. I can do a double Werner and the VS will still dig out lots more. I am a meticulous vacuumer. I never timed it but a tank can last 20- 30 min. depending on how I set the foam speed. I use the VS in situations for the strength that it has and that is as a digger. The VS is my CRB/Vacuum cleaner BUT umpteen times better than either.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
What kind of coverage in that 20-30 minutes? 1-room or several?

I'm serious about the value for upholstery, I know Steve Lawrence liked or likes it for upholstery. Do you do much upholstery with it and what are your results like.

My biggest problem with the system is more with how antiquated it looks. :icon_redface:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

SamIam

Name
sam miller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H3jqAfKzLs

I think I'd try using it for upholstery before I'd ever use it for carpets. :neutral:

The 80's called they want their video back,

And remember its the best you can get! "affordably."

God bless you Mardie, hope your staying busy.

Most foamy crap leaves a ton of residue, is this all polymer based? vacuums away not sticky after the fact???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK numnutz...#1...i don even believe you OWN a blacklite.....
and #2......what about the boogers man.....do you get down on yor hands and knees and search for the boogers......
and WHILE yor in that postion....
what about the love spots...ohh the horror!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
What kind of coverage in that 20-30 minutes? 1-room or several?

I'm serious about the value for upholstery, I know Steve Lawrence liked or likes it for upholstery. Do you do much upholstery with it and what are your results like.

My biggest problem with the system is more with how antiquated it looks. :icon_redface:

Typical 10x10 room 10 min. A 4 gal. tank can ussally do 2 10x10 rooms. It all depends on how dirty they are. My recovery tank tells me everything. The OP has replaced most of this kind of work unless it is real bad then I will dig it out first with the VS (no Pre spray) finish with the OP. I do lots of upholstery and love the results. VS upholstery machine really makes the colors pop. As for how the equipment looks and the improvements that can be made I have spoken to VS about this. They piss me of.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I'm beginning to believe that Mardie is an alter ego of someone who is pranking us...
cuz NO ONE could be as stupit......as him!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
OK numnutz...#1...i don even believe you OWN a blacklite.....
and #2......what about the boogers man.....do you get down on yor hands and knees and search for the boogers......
and WHILE yor in that postion....
what about the love spots...ohh the horror!

My black light AX132 UV Lantern made by Bridgepoint. Bawb I learned a long time ago that it is goofs like you that are always pointing the finger are the guilty ones.:twisted:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My black light AX132 UV Lantern made by Bridgepoint. Bawb I learned a long time ago that it is goofs like you that are always pointing the finger are the guilty ones.:twisted:

Mardie THIS is the only finger that i'm pointing at YOU:

3nb3k93oc5Q55Z25W0a8601435fa937d81d52.jpg

John G

Plenty of opinion but a HUGE lack of knowledge here... amazing...
I don't know any other bbs with so much dis-information or flat out bs.
For a bunch of so called pros, it seems you only KNOW the party line.

steve_64

hwe doesnt always get all the piss out neither. thats what chemicals are for. when the wood or concrete subfloor is saturated you have to treat it with product, or at least thats my experience.

feel better john?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK G...if someone sneezes a snot ball of flu germs on Mrs Phifts carpet...
that WILL wind up all over the room where Mrs Phifts little baby billy is crawling...
how do you guys live wit yorsefs........?

Reactions: GCCLee

FredC

Village Idiot
Plenty of opinion but a HUGE lack of knowledge here... amazing...
I don't know any other bbs with so much dis-information or flat out bs.
For a bunch of so called pros, it seems you only KNOW the party line.

John,

Why do you hate orphans?

I offered to donate $100 to charity if you could prove a claim you made here yet you still haven't..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom