Here you go Mardie...REAL DUAL PROCESS CLEANING

John G

I wouldn't expect the phoniest Christian I've ever met to understand..

Wow, this coming from an atheist? LOL
I thought Christians were judgmental...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not that I want to get scorched in this heated discussion.

Mike, and I AM NOT CRITICIZING, in your experience was there really a need to spray the encap on the clean carpet to get good padding results?
In similar situations (not many as mostly I do residential and hardly ever that neglected) I've had very good results with just regular padding after a good rinse like you've done.

No matter how much they promote it, I always feel that in the long run a carpet left without encap residue is lot healthier and will last longer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ofer we would have done the same thing. Mainly for appearance, don't want to leave the door open for someone to come behind you and make it look better. Something encap excels at on CGD.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Richard, Have you tried just padding without spraying the encap and did not like the results, or is it playing it safe?

A good padding should pick the extra moisture left (wicking potential) that the wand couldn't. And in my opinion, in better all around condition.

No info yet (that I'm aware of) as to the long term health effects of the encap polymer (is it air born, what happens when it does fragment, skin and or breathing exposure) on people, pets and particularly kids.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes and there is a noticeable appearance difference. In fact we don't encap to dry it, but we encap simply to make it look better.

Is it cleaner? Its the same, but applying the encap solution after its clean it looks cleaner than without it.

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
Situations are different

If it is true that Pad cleaning does not extract dirt, then why do the pads get dirty?

Also, the mills says to remove a spill you need to use a cotton cloth, and blot it up. Why this works on a small spill but not the overall area with a machine driving the pad I still do not understand.

Not busting on HWE, cause I use it too, but I do not understand the outright hate for VLM cleaning on this board unless its just taking away some marketshare from exclusive HWE guys.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
There is no bone fide hate for the method here.

Just the one particular my way wins the war salesman.

But to answer the pad absorption issue.
You will always get black when polishing aluminum doesnt mean its getting any brighter though.

A lil smears a loooong way : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
If it is true that Pad cleaning does not extract dirt, then why do the pads get dirty?

Also, the mills says to remove a spill you need to use a cotton cloth, and blot it up. Why this works on a small spill but not the overall area with a machine driving the pad I still do not understand.

Not busting on HWE, cause I use it too, but I do not understand the outright hate for VLM cleaning on this board unless its just taking away some marketshare from exclusive HWE guys.

Pay attention....

None of us are exclusive HWE guys, its the exclusive padders that create a ruckus.
Most of us dont GAS and just use the best method for the situation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not busting on HWE, cause I use it too, but I do not understand the outright hate for VLM cleaning on this board unless its just taking away some marketshare from exclusive HWE guys
I didn't know anyone hated it here?

Most use it to compliment other systems or even as a stand alone, even the guys posting in this thread.

The "hate" if you want to call it that, comes as retaliation to someone that comes here and says that their system is the best way to clean. Not only it is the best way..........but you'll only be able to achieve miracle results with "their machine". No other machine can do what it does. :oldrolleyes:

That usually starts what you call hate, even from those here that own vlm equipment. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Keeping up

Name
Joe Cockerham
Ok but the term shit scrubber and dirt pushers don't seem to show the love now either.

A pad picks up soil, thats all Im saying. When a pad is clean, and then it gets dirty, and you ring it out and a bunch of dirty water comes out, I do not think you can say the pad does not remove dirt. It may be inefficient as hell, but it removes soil.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"We didn't start the fire,
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning.

We didn't start the fire,
No we didn't light it
But we're trying to fight it."

:lol:

6a00e5520572bb88340168e81647f2970c_zps301ff510.jpg

Lets hope NOT!

Last edited by a moderator:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Even Mike uses a pads at times.

He's just selective of what he uses it on.

undiepads-main.gif

What The What What ? , lol

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
GREAT NEWS DOC........that means you'll grow old peddlein' yorsef around some obscure nursing home wit a drool cup tied to yor neck and the fam coming to see you once or twice a week...IF you even recognize them.......BUT
don worry..i'll come an visit some and chase the nurseees around!
WAAA HOOOOOOO it'll be some fun!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
GREAT NEWS DOC........that means you'll grow old peddlein' yorsef around some obscure nursing home wit a drool cup tied to yor neck and the fam coming to see you once or twice a week...IF you even recognize them
I already do that. :eekk: Damn what do I have to look forward to now? :biggrin:

Name
George Valliant
the fastest way to dry puddles on VCT is to lightly damp mop using a pail of water with a wringer. Usually, the entire floor is completely dry before the next step.

Also, if you're putting effort into neutral rinsing and buffing with a 175 it might be faster just do a "Top Scrub and Re-coat". 1st spray down your neutral cleaner then scrub with a 175 w/ mild pad (the idea is to get the floor super clean). Then rinse, damp mop and apply a couple coats of inexpensive high gloss floor finish. BAM! You're a hero!

If you put down the finish correctly it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry between coats. Usually, 2 coats is sufficient. More is better.

For ugly VCT i use a dry-strip pad and water. Then rinse, mop, apply a coat of floor sealer and a couple coats of high gloss floor finish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom