Hey Cobb......

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
WOW, i placed an order a week ago and now i find out you just got the materials. Larry sounds like my Monkey pad order all over again. Why do you sell stuff you don’t have in stock? It looks like PM is a very big seller of yours i would think you would have plenty of all the materials needed in stock all the time ready to go. What would you think if you went to Red Lobster for dinner and they said sorry were out of lobster and shrimp sir? LOL. I am not trying to be an A hole just surprised at how long it takes to get product from your company, it seems there is always some kind of hold up. I look forward to using the PM and Please don’t take my post as an insult or in a negative way, but as constructive criticism.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
AJ;

We are committed to a quality product.

Raw material incoming quality assurance is more difficult to determine.

Even well-established national vendors have raw material inconsistencies.

It has taken a little time for us to properly test incoming raw materials.

Larry

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
AJ RUIZ said:
WOW, i placed an order a week ago and now i find out you just got the materials. Larry sounds like my Monkey pad order all over again. Why do you sell stuff you don’t have in stock? It looks like PM is a very big seller of yours i would think you would have plenty of all the materials needed in stock all the time ready to go. What would you think if you went to Red Lobster for dinner and they said sorry were out of lobster and shrimp sir? LOL. I am not trying to be an A hole just surprised at how long it takes to get product from your company, it seems there is always some kind of hold up. I look forward to using the PM and Please don’t take my post as an insult or in a negative way, but as constructive criticism.

I guess you missed the part about the consistency problem
that Larry is trying to correct and avoid in the future.
Give the man a couple extra days.

dday

Ahhh ... Poor Larry

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBv0AZVGwYo 8]

I got a new bucket last week ... the new batch worked good as gold ... kudos for looking into the problem and doing what is necessary to restore the excellent quality you are known for ...

Thanks Larry!

PS I would always prefer to wait for a good batch rather than have an inferior or improperly prepared batch sent out to me quickly. Of course, if the order were going to take longer than normal to fill, a phone call telling me so would be appreciated.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I feel for Larry, as i will explain below....

HOWEVER....

I truly wish Larry would sometimes come off less.....uhhhhhh PC at times...there was a post of his i read over at ICS, and while maybe correct.....i had to laugh....

now with that said here is an example....

My wife does a huge pro-order candy and nuts and chocolates for the upcoming holidays....one of the vendors she buys from does chocolate covered candies...

anyway, they were, still are backordered on their chocolate for covering things.....

IF ITS YOUR FOOKING BUSINESS AND ITS THE "BUSY TIME" WHY NOT HAVE YOUR CRAP ORDERED AHEAD OF TIME?????

now food stuffs is different from chems.....and I am quiet sure Larry thought he had enough RAW product....UNTIL he found out this batch was shit....which now puts you behind....

also ....(and i hope you read this LArry) have your employees say these words......"sorry sir we are out of that right now due to xxxx, but we should have it in xxx is that OK?"

at least inform the custy.......I think everyone would agree....and i bet at times you wish you suppliers would tell you that as well....

ohhhh and get Jerry a phone at his house shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin ...hope I made sense to Ed who took my order today...

G

floorguy said:
I feel for Larry, as i will explain below....

My wife does a huge pro-order candy and nuts and chocolates for the upcoming holidays....one of the vendors she buys from does chocolate covered candies...

anyway, they were, still are backordered on their chocolate for covering things.....

IF ITS YOUR FOOKING BUSINESS AND ITS THE "BUSY TIME" WHY NOT HAVE YOUR CRAP ORDERED AHEAD OF TIME?????

now food stuffs is different from chems.....

their potential "excuses" seem just as logical

coatings provided by 3rd party which is behind in production
shelf life of the product prevents ordering too far in advance
economic situation requires confirmed orders which leads to increased lead time

etc

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Hmm, ever heard the saying about the kettle calling the pot black? I think is was about holding someone else to higher standards than you hold yourself too.

Waiting a week or two for a chemical delivery shouldn't be much of an issue since you have a months supply already in stock right? Sounds like you waited to the last minute to order chemicals. And now are complaining about how Larry is not minding his business.

Give the guy a break, the man works very hard to provide a great product at a very reasonable price. He gets more crap from people that hold his company to higher expectations than they hold their own company.

Have you ever wondered why suppliers leave this forum? They get tired of people constantly complaining and whining about them.

Mikeysboard sales amount to only a very very small percentage of Larry's sales. But amounts to a large percentage of his compainers.

Ever get tired of a 4 year old crying and crying? Sometimes its grown men that do the same and yes it gets anoying too.

Name
Lee Stockwell
The complainers are doing suppliers a favor, as our customers do US a favor by pointing out problems. I solicit complaints.

I know for a fact that he has lost regulars due to the problems noted in this thread. They didn't publicly complain, they just changed suppliers.

James Cooper

Name
James Cooper
I have personally seen Larrys operation as he was kind enough to give me a tour last time I was in Dallas. He runs a first class operation and from what I saw had plenty of raw ingredients available.

When he said he got a bad batch , from my experience in having product made , especially products containing d lime , quantity is down ( hard to find) as well as quality .

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
idreadnought said:
Hmm, ever heard the saying about the kettle calling the pot black? I think is was about holding someone else to higher standards than you hold yourself too.

Waiting a week or two for a chemical delivery shouldn't be much of an issue since you have a months supply already in stock right? Sounds like you waited to the last minute to order chemicals. And now are complaining about how Larry is not minding his business.

Give the guy a break, the man works very hard to provide a great product at a very reasonable price. He gets more crap from people that hold his company to higher expectations than they hold their own company.

Have you ever wondered why suppliers leave this forum? They get tired of people constantly complaining and whining about them.

Mikeysboard sales amount to only a very very small percentage of Larry's sales. But amounts to a large percentage of his compainers.

Ever get tired of a 4 year old crying and crying? Sometimes its grown men that do the same and yes it gets anoying too.

Lee Stockwell said:
The complainers are doing suppliers a favor, as our customers do US a favor by pointing out problems. I solicit complaints.

I know for a fact that he has lost regulars due to the problems noted in this thread. They didn't publicly complain, they just changed suppliers

Agree on both.....though I dont know about waiting week(s) with out knowledge that its going to be late....

and as Lee pointed out, I want to know if something is wrong....so i can fix it duh......how many pails might be out there and larry had no idea, even from NON BOARD MEMBERS, and they get pissed and try something else...

And if Larry fixed it everyone should be happy.....hey if its good stuff and we like it, we will put up with things... Just like I am sure our custys do with us IE. booked out farther then they would like...

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Got my powermax about two weeks ago looks and smells good. Still a bit confused on the amount to use in a reg hydroforce with the yellow tip. i am thinking it is 12 oz. to a hydroforce, if so why 8 oz. to a gallon in pump sprayer?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
AJ;

For your Vortex TM . . .

1.5 cups per Hydroforce is plenty.

For an entry-level portable with pump-up . . .

8 oz./gallon is about right.

Larry

P.S. Working on some fragrance improvements to PowerMax

Reactions: dekeil

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Larry Cobb said:
AJ;

P.S. Working on some fragrance improvements to PowerMax

Fragrance improvements??
It smells GREAT just as it is.
Why fook wif it?
A nice big whiff when I open the jar always puts a smile on my face.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
th_drunk.jpg

--30000--28536_product_1266803552_thumb_large.jpg

dday

I used to use a lot of Bac Out by Bi-O-Kleen, especially on wool. Then they "improved" the fragrance by adding a lime scent.

I have since replaced the "improved" BacOut with Larry's enzyme deodorizer because the "improved" BacOut smels like old urinal cakes. Not a customer pleaser, let me tell you!

Larry, please do not improve Powermax, it is perfecr right where it is. I love the scent ... and more importantly, my customers love the scent. Please do not put me into a situation where I have to start explaining to my customers that I am using the same stuff as always, it now just "smells different."
Put the chemistry set down, and back away from the Powermax ... slowly ... slowly ... now put your testube down, and leave it be ... and we'll forget this little incident ever happened, ok ...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The unique fragrance in the PowerMax is NOT going to change.

What will change is the DURABILITY of the fragrance to the oxidizer and high pH.

What you smell when you open the pail . . .

will still be there at the bottom of the pail (assuming you put the lid on).

Fragrance durability will be improved in many of our products in the near future.

Innovation will continue. . . .
chemist.gif

Larry

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Larry Cobb said:
The unique fragrance in the PowerMax is NOT going to change.

What will change is the DURABILITY of the fragrance to the oxidizer and high pH.

Fragrance durability will be improved in many of our products in the near future.

chemist.gif

Larry

Larry, can you please just make a different product with different name and see how that sells instead of screwing with powermax again?

perhaps your new scent formula should be just named powermax2 and still keep offering powermax as it is now?

Name
Lee Stockwell
My sons went back to exclusively Prochem products a while back after QC problems with this and another supplier. Justin like to order 5 or 6 months supply at once and he HATES to be disappointed in the middle of an important account.

We may try again if it gets worked out.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lee;

When we finish the fragrance changes,

the fragrance stability will be unsurpassed in this market.

Dollar for dollar, we welcome any competitive testing.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
It was the cleaning ability, a while over a year ago. Others brought it up on the boards about that time. Justin called one of your counter people but didn't get a good response.

We will try a small quantity again before any big purchases, along with some others. Powerburst and Dry Slurry until then. PowerMax was awesome until the change in formulation. Seemed like something (not fragrance) was left out?

F

FB7777

Interesting Lee ... I used Dry Slurry for years , got away from it trying other board favela and went back to it recently. Doubt I'll stray again .... It always gets the job done and is consistent

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
from day one when I started using the stuff everyone has always said how good it smelt from the top of the pail to the bottom....never was there an issue...it just boggles my mind why the hell you people cant just leave good enough alone.....

the last batch was all screwed up and yes you replaced it....( which was the first time that has ever happened since the other 4 times there was a problem )....and about half way thru it whitened up..lost its color and bricked on me....

I agree with the above...if your going to screw with it call it something else and market it....but leave the good stuff alone...this is getting old real fast......

way to many cooks in the kitchen..........

Fred Boyle said:
Interesting Lee ... I used Dry Slurry for years , got away from it trying other board favela and went back to it recently. Doubt I'll stray again .... It always gets the job done and is consistent

Ditto and I only mix 4-6 oz not 3 cups in 5 gallon jug metered at 2. I can definitely tell a difference when I run out.

Fred you need to try some conquest. 1-2 oz in your prespray will give the best clean and fragrance of any product on the market. Citra Quest has a lemon-lime scent and Conquest has the best orange fragrance. Conquest costs more but both products work equally well.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
[quote="Larry Cobb":aqq2dg3p]The unique fragrance in the PowerMax is NOT going to change.

chemist.gif

Larry

Larry, can you please just make a different product with different name and see how that sells instead of screwing with powermax again?

perhaps your new scent formula should be just named powermax2 and still keep offering powermax as it is now?[/quote:aqq2dg3p]

x500

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Why you would want to fook with such a "beloved" product boggles my mind.
Every time there is the slightest change with a batch, all hell breaks loose, and many customers, including myself loose faith regarding what the next batch will be like. Your product is finally back on track, and I get the feeling that it's soon to be ......."Here we go again"!!!!!!
I have more than enough inconsistence in my life at the moment, and my prespray should not be one of them.

Can you say "Beta Test".
Let the customers (us) be part of the process, and the long term results will be better regardless of if the product changes are better or worse. At least "pretend" what we say matters.

images

images

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom