Hey Cobb......

dday

HARPER said:
http://www.arrowchemicalproducts.com/products/restroom-mold-mildew/deodorizers/item/256-delimonene.html

http://www.vacaway.com/vaHelGelOrange/H ... crease.pdf

Yellow = Green.....................jus sayin... :roll:

So you are saying that Cobb deliberately shorted the delimonene in the Powermax? I would highly doubt that ... I think that he had a few batches mixed improperly and I am sure that the ommission of the citrus was accidental - after all, Cobb would know that without the citrus the stuff would not clean worth a dime.

That being said, I have a 45 pound bucket of powder that doesn't clean worth a dime. I guess I'll call Cobb in the morning. I would hope to get a replacement, and if he wants to arrange for this bucket to get picked up and returned to him, he can have it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
HARPER said:
http://www.arrowchemicalproducts.com/products/restroom-mold-mildew/deodorizers/item/256-delimonene.html

yup have heard it from quiet a few mfg.....

the problem is i have been hearing it for like 2-3 yrs now.....are we not caught up yet???

kinda reminds me of the show Trading Places, with Eddied Murphy and Dan Akroyd....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I Don't know Mr Cobb....!

I was just pointing out...That D-Lime prices are unstable & have Tripled in the last few months..

As Scott W. has pointed out. Many chem manufacturers are looking for a replacement with PINE-OIL.

I do find it courious .....That almost every supplier COULD NOT absorb the price increase.....????

If you are AFRAID to raise your prices...? In fear of losing customers...? You "MIGHT" step-on the
CUT.... !gotcha!

Seems a little strange to me that the ONLY thing "lacking" in the previous batch is the CITRUS PRODUCT...?

ps..."It is NOT like ....Many here....Have SkImpEd on there S-Guard dilutions...!" :oops: !gotcha!

dday

floorguy said:
...ehhh i dunno if one out does the other by a long shot.....different situations each one shines, and sometimes it is about the $$$ I really like the 1 oz a gallon on certain commercial jobs, vs the 4ish oz a gallon.....

i keep both on the truck

Well, slop & gobble retails at $0.38 per ounce, and Powermax at $0.13/ounce. When I ordered Slop & Gobble, Les told me to use 10 oz (20 1/2 oz scoops) in a four quart hydro at 9:1, so that is $3.80/hydroforce. I use Powermax at 8-16 oz./hydroforce depending upon level of soiling and type of soiling. That would be $1.04-$2.16/hydroforce. And I am telling you that in three separate jobs doing side by side tests, an 8 oz. Powermax hydroforce out cleaned a 10 oz S&G hydroforce - and it did it by a good distance. Who knows, maybe its the water up here keeps the S&G from getting to the dirt.

You are saying 4 oz. powermax per gallon: Are you really putting 36 oz. of Powermax into a 9:1 hydroforce?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"If the problem is just to accidental OMMISSION of the citrus product...?"

It would seem to be a simple solution.... :idea:
Mr Cobb could just ship the PROPER amount of citrus product to correct the formula..... !gotcha!

Many here seem to be very happy with the product... 8)
It would help Larry out to ask the END user to simply add the additive to the improper mix...!
Loyal customers should be willing to save Larry the expense of freight to correct the oversight..!

I am sure Larry could ship the PROPER amount of additive for each order...!
With directions as to...how many scoops to BOOST the mix ...to correct the formula...!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
dday said:
floorguy said:
...ehhh i dunno if one out does the other by a long shot.....different situations each one shines, and sometimes it is about the $$$ I really like the 1 oz a gallon on certain commercial jobs, vs the 4ish oz a gallon.....

i keep both on the truck

Well, slop & gobble retails at $0.38 per ounce, and Powermax at $0.13/ounce. When I ordered Slop & Gobble, Les told me to use 10 oz (20 1/2 oz scoops) in a four quart hydro at 9:1, so that is $3.80/hydroforce. I use Powermax at 8-16 oz./hydroforce depending upon level of soiling and type of soiling. That would be $1.04-$2.16/hydroforce. And I am telling you that in three separate jobs doing side by side tests, an 8 oz. Powermax hydroforce out cleaned a 10 oz S&G hydroforce - and it did it by a good distance. Who knows, maybe its the water up here keeps the S&G from getting to the dirt.

You are saying 4 oz. powermax per gallon: Are you really putting 36 oz. of Powermax into a 9:1 hydroforce?

"So are you saying that Les ...sold you an InFerIoR product...?"

"Have you called LES..?"

dday

HARPER said:
..."So are you saying that Les ...sold you an InFerIoR product...?"

"Have you called LES..?"

I have no problem with Les. His stuff is what it is is, and in my limited experience with it, it is not as good as Cobb's Powermax. What good would it do to caall Les and say "Hey, you sold me stuff that isn't as good as Cobb's!" Afterall, I have tried a whole bunch of chems from different folks over the years, and everyone's stuff is inferior to Cobb's Powermax. I do not feel compelled to call each and every chem distributor or manufacturer and tell them there stuff isn't up to par - I just don't order it again.

The difference between the problem with Cobb and my experience with S&G is this: Cobb's Powermax, when mixed properly, is known to work. I have used for years. In fact, I have been using Cobb as my main source of pre-spray for over ten years. If it always worked in the past, and doesn't work now, then that means there is a problem that I would like to see addresses. The slop & gobble, on the other hand, is new to me. As far as I know, it worked as it would usually work, which is not as well as Powemax. You can go back and read the whole thread, and you will see why I brought up the slop & gobble comparison - If it had not been for someone else bringing Judson into this in comparison to Cobb, then I would never have mentioned my experience with slop & gobble. Others are happy with it and that is fine with me.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
David,

You are making my POINT.... :!:

I have never used POWERMAX...!

If ...I had purchased a FLAWED batch..."I would ASSUME..that Larry's product was INFERIOR." :!:

I did CALL...... Les... :shock:
My men said they were having to use MUCH more than the suggested dilution rate... :!:

Les, responded IMMEDIATLY....!!!!

He realized that we have some of the HARDEST water in the country...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He SPECIALLY formulated a batch for me at "NO CHARGE".... 8)

I WORKS GREAT FOR US NOW...!!!!!!!!!!

ps "If you have a spot reappear...?" Do you want the client to use a different cleaner...? Or call you
and let you know of the issue...?

dday

HARPER said:
David,

You are making my POINT.... :!:

I have never used POWERMAX...!

If ...I had purchased a FLAWED batch..."I would ASSUME..that Larry's product was INFERIOR." :!:

I did CALL...... Les... :shock:
My men said they were having to use MUCH more than the suggested dilution rate... :!:

Les, responded IMMEDIATLY....!!!!

He realized that we have some of the HARDEST water in the country...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He SPECIALLY formulated a batch for me at "NO CHARGE".... 8)

I WORKS GREAT FOR US NOW...!!!!!!!!!!

ps "If you have a spot reappear...?" Do you want the client to use a different cleaner...? Or call you
and let you know of the issue...?

Hmmm ... we have very, very hard water here as well. I'll take your point and call Les tomorrow right after I call Cobb. If Water hardness affects S&G's cleanability, then that may be the problem.

Thanks for the heads up, Harper.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
How does powermax compare to my magic wand grease eater? Ingrediant wise?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I think this thread is a testament to how good Powermax really is when its there are no issues with a particular batch. If it sucked to begin wif, no one would really bother.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
HARPER said:

Just another excuse to charge us more. Why not the oil companies use any excuse to hike the cost of fuel and create imaginary shortages, same crap here. With the demand we have for oil in the world the stuff should be cheaper. These dist. are just trying to pull the same scam. When they tell you they have none and no one else has none them maybe I will believe it. But I bet there will be plenty of citrus based products around, just at a higher price. Just one chem. dist. needs to get it going and the rest will follow. you know how you stop it, you seek out the cheapest company selling citrus products not playing into that scam and let everyone know so we can all buy from that chem. dist. so far that would be in my experience Mr. Olson at Superior. Which by the way If Superior hasn’t started charging a surcharge yet I will be ordering some tomorrow loll.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Thats true, i havnt seen anything about a shortage of Orange juice.

dday

OJ futures are up over a dollar/pound since 2009, and had been as high as +$1.20/pound as recently as August.

OJ that used to cost 4.39/gallon at Walmart is now costing $6.83. Citrapure from Magicwandco used to be $39/gallon in 2002 - I believe it is now selling for about $39/quart. All part of the commodities bull market that started when crude bottomed in '98 and should end anytime between now and 2015 based upon normal commodity bull/bear cycles. No different than the late '60's-early '80's commodity bull. It seems to have more to do with the supply/demand of cash & ;iquidity amongst commercial hedgers and speculators than it does supply/demand of the physical commodity itself.

Then again, I suck pee and poo out of rugs for a living, so what do I know?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dday said:
floorguy said:

i keep both on the truck

if needed yes.....but let me state I HATE USING THAT F'ING THING, except for a few small instances.....you can never be sure it is Properly diluting your chem.....no wonder so many bitch and moan about chems...try looking at your applicator 1st...

ok with that out of the way...

here is another comparison....chinese joint...use to clean with power max....at 1st as high as an 8oz a gallon, rate...80oz in my 10 gallon sprayer...then i got it down to 3-4oz...with the S&G it was a straight 10 oz...

i just dont see how you can only put 8-16 oz in that hydroforce??? thats what less then an oz to 1.6 oz a gallon??? figuring the 9-1...what you using to rinse???

like i said the whole hydroforce thing skews things i think.....

my numbers show that its a 1-3 or 4, the difference is if its nasty then i have had to go higher on cobbs....more so in commercial settings...

and as i also said...they are BOTH the only presprays on the truck.....soooo i base it off what i see when i walk in a joint

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
dday said:
OJ futures are up over a dollar/pound since 2009, and had been as high as +$1.20/pound as recently as August.

OJ that used to cost 4.39/gallon at Walmart is now costing $6.83. Citrapure from Magicwandco used to be $39/gallon in 2002 - I believe it is now selling for about $39/quart. All part of the commodities bull market that started when crude bottomed in '98 and should end anytime between now and 2015 based upon normal commodity bull/bear cycles. No different than the late '60's-early '80's commodity bull. It seems to have more to do with the supply/demand of cash & ;iquidity amongst commercial hedgers and speculators than it does supply/demand of the physical commodity itself.

Interesting.................It seems it's always the fooking speculators!

Chris A

Name
Chris
That is interesting, I don't use a whole lot of d'lime so I guess I haven't really noticed the price hike, it always seems expensive when I buy it but that's usually once a year...

D’Limonene went from $400.00 a 55 gallon drum to $1,960 a drum.

And that's not all, everything is up by 15% to 25%

Any of you want to get in the chem MFG ?

Larry will make things right with you guy's

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Leslie Judson Jones said:
D’Limonene went from $400.00 a 55 gallon drum to $1,960 a drum.

And that's not all, everything is up by 15% to 25%

Any of you want to get in the chem MFG ?

Larry will make things right with you guy's

That is roughly $36 per gallon. Bridgepoint should be Ok with what they are charging.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
much better...Thanks Cobb...

IMG_5799.jpg

Name
jack zerkie
Over the years I can,t remember how many pre sprays Iv,e used and always mix as the label says then vary with the mix,as of today Cobbs is the best in most jobs.
I clean a lot of trashed units and Cobbs cleans the best. Back in the 90,s my friend owned the local interlink, and he gave me samples some Harvard chem were good.
As of today Cobb has the best and the price is great$$$$, if you don,t try you,ll never find out, shipping is fair based on your location. jz.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so what was the issue?

and all fixed???

next week for my order then

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
guys powermax is the best pre spray you will ever use!! i like jim have used most all of them and not one

will compare!! i use it on tile and grout (we have lots here in fla) uph and carpet..the best thing about

it after its cleaning ability is the fact that you dont have to screw around mixing new pre spray every

time you jump to another service..or if your doing carpet cleaning you dont have to worry about getting

some on the tile and vise verse..cleaning tile and some gets on the carpet..no big deal..

if there is a issue being worked out it is well worth the time to get it fixed and start using the product..

dave

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
After some testing, we have found the problem in the 45# pails.

The powder was not absorbent to our required specification.

All the ingredients were in the pail, but the bulk of them migrated to the bottom.

The left the upper portions without the citrus solvent and surfactant mix.

By pouring the pail out and remixing, the product has the original potency.

If any customers have to remix their 45# pails, we will credit them 1/2 the original cost on their next order.

We have changed to a new vendor with a powder product that meets our specifications,
while we investigate the original product's lack of performance.

Thanks;

Larry

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Is this the same product as 2112 from Carpet Supply Network in Pensacola Florida?

Golden Boy

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
just ordered a pail Powermax. you guys are right the price cant be beat. less than half of what i pay for power burst. hope i dont end up sorry i ordered a pail instead of a jar. but from i am hearing hear i should be very pleased. does the powermax create a lot of suds, will i be needing to run a lot of defoamer in hoses?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
sorry guys just saw my spelling in last post. I should be ashamed lol

Jamesh921

Name
James
No suds to worry about AJ.

Use your regular rinse agent or just clear water rinse is fine.

I've used both Powermax AND Powerburst and, IMO, they perform very simularly. I get about the same performance with both products.

I'm not saying that both products are manufactured simularly - I'm just saying that they perform about the same "in my experiences" with them.

Powermax IS alot less expensive though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom