Hg's and there affect on dry times.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
if you buy a new green glide there is a reason it has a radius on the glide, it allows air to flow past the fiber and into the vac slot, as glides wear down and it becomes flat you will move less air. thats one of the reasons interlink has the zig zag pattern on its glides, to help; minimize that lock down. i however have a machine shop available so when a glide gets worn down alot i machine it so the slot is the first part to touch the carpet. because it allows air to flow accross the fiber pulling more water up with it and increasing airflow. flat glides will still work on cut pile, just not berber and cgd as well.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
he cranked down on his vac relief to get his heat up.
Caved in the round V tank like it was a can of Olympia..

Earlier in the thread FFA posted:
my buddy didnt know his blower was set to 20hg and has gone through 2 couplers before figuring it out.

I wanted to find out whose waste tank he was using that survived 20", so I could get one (!)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have seen a couple of Larry cobbs units survive 20 plus hg. The guys thought they had the most awsome units ever!

The tank would flex inward but would not give way.

The guys were very upset when I told them I had to replace the relief valve and set there hg at 15.5. They thought I was robbing them of there precious vacuum power.

Most guys have no clue, they want more more more.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Most guys have no clue.

Honest to God, Micheal, I don't think I'm very smart
I just very observant is all and have an inate ability to reason things I observe

What I discovered (long before Al Bore invented the Internet)
Most don't have the capacity to figure things out on their own

That's no knock or meant to be kick in the pants. ...it's just how it is

LTA

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Handsome, whitty, charming, cocky, obstinate, and Knowitall YES
but not very smart...
I gave you smart.....hell I can't agree to that list without sounding like Danny.
"Not that there's anything wrong with it" :biggrin:

Pee.S.
Givem and inch and they take a mile! :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
This subject keeps coming up over and over. spin the blower and pump and clean the carpet. If your leaving it to wet vacuum some more. After that if it's still to wet stop cleaning carpet and start doing something else. Simple

Gene

hurricanecc

Name
matthew montanari
I have Thermalwave 2 with the Denver 5m and I feel I'm having issues with the vac relief valve. I've already replaced the entire piece because the neck piece that the bolt comes out of and is part of the molded box, had snapped off, from what I'm assuming was to much chattering. The new vac relief piece seems to constantly break at different levels. I've set it at 14hg and I've seen it hit 20 hg sometimes with an open wand, while other times it seems to break every time the wand hits the carpet and I get crap for suction. I also feel way to much suction from the holes of the relief valve when it's running and no hoses are even connected. That doesn't seem right either. I run 2 /2" hoses that are about 10 feet each, to a devastator and whatever is needed for hose after that. Does anyone have any ideas?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I had the guys at hotheatexchanger.com make me one. I knows it's unpopular but I mounted it on the tank. Yes i know the reasons why and don't care. I'm sure they can make you one for that spot. I paid about 65.

I have Thermalwave 2 with the Denver 5m and I feel I'm having issues with the vac relief valve. I've already replaced the entire piece because the neck piece that the bolt comes out of and is part of the molded box, had snapped off, from what I'm assuming was to much chattering. The new vac relief piece seems to constantly break at different levels. I've set it at 14hg and I've seen it hit 20 hg sometimes with an open wand, while other times it seems to break every time the wand hits the carpet and I get crap for suction. I also feel way to much suction from the holes of the relief valve when it's running and no hoses are even connected. That doesn't seem right either. I run 2 /2" hoses that are about 10 feet each, to a devastator and whatever is needed for hose after that. Does anyone have any ideas?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
image.jpeg
Another relief valve?
I replaced the whole elbow on mine and then put a new relief on my tank.
I completely opened the blower up to straight 4" so I could dual with it. It made zero difference for single wand but a noticeable difference on dual.

hurricanecc

Name
matthew montanari
View attachment 12060
I replaced the whole elbow on mine and then put a new relief on my tank.
I completely opened the blower up to straight 4" so I could dual with it. It made zero difference for single wand but a noticeable difference on dual.
Interesting. I just ordered a new bolt, spring etc, to see if the other was possibly bent and causing the breaking. I'm gonna try your way next if it doesn't help, but I think I can just put the relief off the 3" pipe where the original debris trap box connected to it, instead of cutting into the tank.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Interesting. I just ordered a new bolt, spring etc, to see if the other was possibly bent and causing the breaking. I'm gonna try your way next if it doesn't help, but I think I can just put the relief off the 3" pipe where the original debris trap box connected to it, instead of cutting into the tank.
They can absolutely make one for the original spot. It would be my choice if I hadn't made the other changes. Just tell them the machine and a few measurements. Your dealer doesn't have on that will work❓ Mine has a boneyard full of goodies.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I have seen a couple of Larry cobbs units survive 20 plus hg. The guys thought they had the most awsome units ever!

The tank would flex inward but would not give way.

The guys were very upset when I told them I had to replace the relief valve and set there hg at 15.5. They thought I was robbing them of there precious vacuum power.

Most guys have no clue, they want more more more.

Our tanks are designed with vertical & horizontal bracing to withstand 20" of lift.

We operate them usually @ 17" hg . . . (about 4" hg. above some TM's)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
In the late 80's I was working with a Big Red with a #5 blower and a small waste tank with an apo. We would turn the vac down to 10-11hg because otherwise it was too hard to move the wand. Small blowers work harder to generate the same cfm as large blowers using lower rpm. If you are using a sutorbilt 3ll, you need to spin that at 3600 rpm to get 270 cfm at the blower. On a 150ft. run you will have a pretty good feel to the wand. If you took a Aerotech and ran it at high speed with the vac relief set at the same setting, that wand would stick to the carpet. It would be really hard to move. The hg's are the same. Only difference is the cfm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom