How do you decide which PTO is best for you and which is a better machine?

Mikey P

Administrator
PRO1200_PLUSWASTETANK.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
I like the layout of the controls, etc. looks sweet and super easy to use.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree 120 gallons is for sissy's and little girls, a man needs a big dump tank......uhh waste tank ......uhhh recovery tank. :winky:

Seriously I prefer 210-gallons, with no concern about dumping.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
120 gal is gracious plenty.
We talking about people that actually clean carpets not take naps during the day.

120 is about a job & 1/2 as long as you're not doing anything large you should be fine. Multiple jobs, large jobs you'll need to dump or have APO both can be an issue. I'd much rather carry away my waste water and dump it here in our sanitary sewer.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Any of you ladies able to come up with an actual advantage or a disadvantage of a certain machine?

Beside 83 gallon dump tank versus 84?

Sorry, wrong board, please ignore this and back to your knitting :winky:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk:

Ohhh nooo you diuuuhhnnnt!

Ofer buy a new recovery tank and spare yourself the pain in all this decision making. In a few years when Ben tires of his unit pick it up for pennies on the dollar! :p

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have to admit, we got much more information out of this thread than I expected. We actually had a couple of players chime in, which I appreciate. I was expecting a bunch of non-owners to tell us why they would buy this or that with no real experience in the game.

That was not intended to be an insult to Taco.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You mean that pic of the 1200 compact with the waste tank behind holds 120 gallons?

Really?

Shut off at 60 gallons?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
120 is too small?

Thats what my vortex
link1.gif
has and most days we can go all day.

What does your Cleanco have?

Not that finding a place to pump out somewhere during the day is so tough that 30 gallons makes a huge difference, but the Sapphire man in the video says 90 gallons with the tank that keeps floorspace used down to CDS/Cleanco size.

Ofer, the CDS, Butler and Cleanco/Prochem units have been around a long time, and the Sapphire unit is likewise made by a well established company. Seems like everyone that uses any of them is happy with them, so you can't make a seriously wrong choice. Long term an up front difference in price probably isn't as important as the cost to run and reliability. I'd give ten reliability and maintenance points to the CDS just for using a General pump.

Reactions: ruff
Name
Shawn Forsythe
Btw..
No water box on my Vortex either...

Didn't your Vortex come with a fresh water tank?

A fresh water tank itself serves as a defacto water box on the Vortex. The purpose of a waterbox is a holding tank from which the pump may draw water with no incoming pressure. On some systems it also may serve as a point where cycled water may be returned if used as a medium to ascertain solution temperature. It may also serve as a heat sink for an intermediate heating source, such as is on most Vortex machines.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We pioneered the General Pump system in Truckmounts.

Larry
And I'll thank you again for letting me know about them.

Our experimentation with retrofitting Generals (when other pumps failed) worked well enough that we paid extra for them when we bought new units. Kudos to HydraMaster for listening to customers and making them standard equipment. In the nine years we've been using Generals we've done nothng but change the oil. Not a single failure, not a single rebuild.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you Bryan, those are good points.
Anybody knows what kind of pump the 1200 uses?
And could one specify the pump they want with the machine they buy, or do you have to go with the pump it comes with?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thank you Bryan, those are good points.
Anybody knows what kind of pump the 1200 uses?
And could one specify the pump they want with the machine they buy, or do you have to go with the pump it comes with?

Ofer;

Sapphire 1200 uses a Cat Pump (in video above) , as does Butler.

I doubt they would change the pump,

but that is a good test of their customer service.

Let us know what you find out,

and what the extra charges are.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
i dunno...Ofer hurt my feelins' terrible bad........i still gots the PTSD.........:madd:
It will break my heart to end that illustrious career of yours on a sour note.
And I do know that ever since you and Green Gurl parted, things have not been on the up and up for you Bob.

However, to what archeological site do you go to uncover those Steam Genie relics?? :winky: And isn't it violating any ancient burial rights?
And yes, I am worried! Cause last time you were dealing with some of your neighbor's Chinese curse, that took all of Fred's mystical powers to correct. And if I recall correctly you vowed to dedicate all your energies to specializing in Feng Shui from then on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom