How do you decide which PTO is best for you and which is a better machine?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have not bought anything yet, Larry. However I will be happy to report if I do.
I do not know what is the pump I currently have on my 2002 CDS or my Apex.

Is there that much of a difference in quality between the two?
So far I only had to replace a pump on my 1989 CDS and that was when I was using an acid rinse (not sure if that did it).
I know that Bryan thinks highly of the general pumps and he is someone whose opinion I absolutely trust. I wonder what is everybody else experience with the cat pumps. And if the General pump are that much better why wouldn't every manufacturer offer them?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I know that Bryan thinks highly of the general pumps and he is someone whose opinion I absolutely trust. I wonder what is everybody else experience with the cat pumps. And if the General pump are that much better why wouldn't every manufacturer offer them?

Because most TM manufacturers fail to torture test them.

Larry

P.S. I think Prochem did finally do some side-by-side testing.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have a 1999 CDS that I got from Bryan and it has been a great machine.
I did have a hole in the bottom of the waste tank a couple of months after i bought it so the aluminum tank staying like new if you rise it out every day might have been a little exaggerated. I did not have any additional leaks(knock on wood) and I do rise it out every day, but still the tank does look a bit pitted on the inside. The support brackets that hold the interior steel mesh filter basket in place are getting eaten away over time so I'm worried about the rest of the tank failing of course.
In a separate post I asked about ways to protect the tank and sacrificial anodes so In this thread I'm reading that Hydramaster actually offers this option. That's great. I made my own. Just a block of Zinc and a wire to the tank, but I'm really not sure if that is all there is to a properly working sacrificial anode.The zinc block is deteriorating, so it must be doing something. I'll have to call Hydramaster about that.
I did have a problem with the APO. It kept clogging up. The machine had a flushing system for that and the last time I used it, the pump failed and my truck quickly got very wet and dirty inside. I have a sewer clean out in my driveway that I just dump my waste water into at the end of the day. The waste tank in my truck is large enough to keep me going most days.So I just took the pump out and I have more room for maintenance and one less thing that could go wrong.
One issue I had with Hydramaster was their tech support. Specifically a guy named Dennis. Whenever I called him with a question he gave me the shortest most cryptic answer possible and he consistently made me feel like an idiot ( which I really was and which is why I called in for help, which is also why he had a job in the first place :)) Dennis always acted like I wasn't worthy and he couldn't wait to get me off the phone. He's no longer there I heard, that's great, but his personality might have been a reason for me to also consider other machines for the future.
I have been and still am very happy with Bryan's CDS truck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom