ICE 2017 Observations

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Well, since nobody has really commented on the Bentley PRO, I'll give my opinion.

Downforce of the 14" tool was greater than Lockharts 15" Zipper
(I think Jim noticed the high downforce)

That should give very good recovery of water.

I really liked the large view window. I thought is was a big plus.
More visual indication of any liquid recovered than I have ever seen before.

The 4 Floodjets should cover the 14" and have substantial impact.

The glides are a reinforced polymer that is tougher than PTFE and should wear longer.

The only drawback I saw was that the prototype had cleaned a lot of carpet and the two glides were not perfectly in line with the bottom of the rear wheels. Shawn has promised to address this concern in the final product.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"Big plus" really Larry? :headscratch:

How do you see the window while operating the tool?? From the operators angle you'd need a giraffe's neck to see the front of it. ???

If anything the black hose should be clear so you can see whats being extracted. Who picked black for the hose? Gezzz! :dejection:

Whurrs Lockhart? We need unbiased opinions, not a salesman. :oldrolleyes:

69429-4672f20afecc2f40cbcb08973eb32938.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Well, since nobody has really commented on the Bentley PRO, I'll give my opinion.

(I think Jim noticed the high downforce)

That should give very good recovery of water.

I really liked the large view window. I thought is was a big plus.
More visual indication of any liquid recovered than I have ever seen before.

The 4 Floodjets should cover the 14" and have substantial impact.

The glides are a reinforced polymer that is tougher than PTFE and should wear longer.

The only drawback I saw was that the prototype had cleaned a lot of carpet and the two glides were not perfectly in line with the bottom of the rear wheels. Shawn has promised to address this concern in the final product.
Yeah, but you opinion is invalid because they didn't run any water through it. So, you don't really have any idea of how it performs. And it is still a freakin knockoff. Anyone who buys this or a bonzer is defrauding the original designer and inventor, imnsoho

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I don't know but just looking at it I would say it nose dives going forward...as you say- downforce - and lifts up on the pull back...Is that what you are blaming on the wheel alignment? That's my observation watching video from the event of people trying to push it...dry without actually spraying or recovering water...even though there were some Morons feeling the floor and saying... "Look how dry! "

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
When both Jim and I ran the Bentley PRO wand, it was spraying @ 500 PSI.

Vacuum was provided by two 3-stage hi-airwatt vac motors.

I went to dry areas and cleaned with it in both directions.

Extracted some wet areas where some water had spilled.

The view window was very easy to observe.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When both Jim and I ran the Bentley PRO wand, it was spraying @ 500 PSI.

Vacuum was provided by two 3-stage hi-airwatt vac motors.

I went to dry areas and cleaned with it in both directions.

Extracted some wet areas where some water had spilled.

The view window was very easy to observe.
I guess you were the lucky one who had water to spray.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Come on really, its impossible from the operators angle to see the front of the tool. A window there is pointless. Then in the spot where you can see the water being extracted you put a black hose!

:oldrolleyes:
Busting balls? Foolish design. Its not Larry's fault he didn't build it. But the man stepped in doodo when he tried to pass them off as features.

Mikey P

Administrator
It's mysteriously missing from the nexus show.

John L and I had a few discussions. His rational behind his company moto of knock off products is to compare a carpet cleaner like myself entering a new market like Nevada, are I not knocking off the existing cleaners?

Not in the sense that I first buddy up to them, then follow them around to jobs and later return with a door hanger offering a cheaper price than the named current company.

and if they do call next year, proceed to do a lesser job.

He just doesn't get it.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I haven't figured out why I read this thread..but immediately came away with a couple of things: conveniently they couldn't have water available to test some tool...and conveniently they got to move indoors another tool where it didn't have a chance to run.. yeah. There is a boat load of professionals roaming around that couldn't find the outside area? Sure. It's not like those same people do that every day looking for addresses/locations etc right? Or these professionals couldn't figure out how to have constant water available... sure.

And the third thing I noticed: that sinister carpet that looks like rolls of extension cords dropped everywhere.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Sounds like a a bunch of lesbians on a protest march.

Trump will get the facts right without all of this false media reporting.

And Mikey just what the fook were you saying? Smoking too much weed?

Reactions: rick imby

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's mysteriously missing from the nexus show.

John L and I had a few discussions. His rational behind his company moto of knock off products is to compare a carpet cleaner like myself entering a new market like Nevada, are I not knocking off the existing cleaners?

Not in the sense that I first buddy up to them, then follow them around to jobs and later return with a door hanger offering a cheaper price than the named current company.

and if they do call next year, proceed to do a lesser job.

He just doesn't get it.
Competition is one thing. Patent theft is another.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Both Ray and I agreed that the large view window is a very useful feature.

It is easily cleanable,

and allows you to really see if there is any moisture at all left in the carpet.

I would like to test the 15" Zipper (adjusted) and Bentley PRO side-by-side on uniformly wet carpet for just water extraction ability.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i used all three tools at the show.t we used the original patented zipper, the rotovic knockoff and the mytee wand. ALL WITH WATER AND VACUUM.

first round was 800 psi plus (i know) but that was what the unit was set to already.

the zipper performed as it should tracking straight having a bit of overspray to both sides(again 800 psi) but recovered very well and operated very smoothly

the mytee is and was exactly what it is, and that is a way cheaper attempt at a wheeled 2 port drag wand. was not friendly at all to move from pass to pass, while having almost no impact on the carpet. the magnet was not helpful at all while vacuum was connected. I WILL SAY EXTRACTION POTENTIAL WAS HIGH AND ONE COULD MAYBE SAY TOO MUCH. grabbed the carpet very well but took a bit of effort in comparison to the other tools. really didn't like the flood jets and the pattern flowing out of the bottom of the tool was inconstant at best. i would need to see it on real jobs to make a decision on if it worked. to me honestly this tool is a cheaper attempt that will need many improvements (remember this is a prototype/first working unit.) it did not come off as a tool that would last ten years or even close but i do keep in mind that it is a first of a kind. also did not like the vac connection and the use of two j hooks for vacuum hose positioning/keeping. multiple parts of this unit will not make it one year without needing replacement/failing and dont understand this but do see it as part of the cost cutting process when designing and implementing a design while trying to keep cost in budget. the clear window was great for those in front of the tool but did very little for the operator. also was told unit was used for a couple of months and the plastic was already fogging up cloudy. the wheels were lackluster and are in need of a complete overhaul. also thought the handle had a bit too much movement for my likes as i am used to the quality of the zipper. i will say yet again i understand this was a one off and the production model will/may differ.

a couple of guys i respect told me they have used this wand on multiple jobs/scenarios and have said it works well, so i will have to take their word on how it works in the real world as i have not used it but maybe 40 feet passes total. i will say i was not impressed with the tool and think a more finished product should have been shown.

I DONT BELIVE THE TOOL AS IT WAS AT ICE WAS ANYWHERE IN THE SAME RELM AS A ZIPPER AND HOPEFULLY WONT BE FALSEY MARKETED AS SUCH.

the rotovic has made some improvements but had MULTIPLE simple fails that were videoed during the side by side user ability testing. the bonzor could not track straight and did not recover the solution very well at all. while over spraying a bit more than the zipper.

anyone that can use any of these side by side will without a doubt pick the zipper on performance but i do understand the market(cheap carpet cleaners) want cheaper the only thing they will need to understand is it will not only cost less but i will deliver less and last less.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom