Interview with Jeff Cross 11/15/2007

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
This industry is full of great people who care about each other and making this industry better. This is something I think is rare in other industries, especially other service industries. Allowing that we have an exceptional amount of quality people, if you could assemble a dream team to lead this industry, maybe 5 or 10 people with the knowledge, integrity, vision and attitude to make the difference who would you choose and why?

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Rumor has it that the SCRT and the CRI are going to conduct wand studies next. If you were the SCRT, would you associate yourself with the CRI or try to go it alone?

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
ODIN said:
come on Jeff your either for it or against it?

something so corrupt and illegal from the get go.

it's not for the cleaners and you know that.

It's for the IICRC and the mills
either join the union or you cant clean.

this is what it's about

so I take it your pro SOA

no I will be done with you.

I do have more respect for you than Evan Kesssler ( which I have none)

but your stance on the SOA?

get off the fence?

yes or no

OK, now we have some substance.

I agree with testing. I agree with the need to find out what works and what doesn't. I have published at least two articles this past year with information that I feel will make the CRI program better (written by Dr. Aziz and Jim Pemberton). I am not in this to make money and to take a political side. That's why I offer pages in Cleanfax for both sides of the story/issue.

I'd like to know why you feel I have taken a side... is that a fair question?

Driguy

yeah if he is ignoring a question or wont express his thoughts completely on it, it is probably for a reason. Think about it, as an editor for a magazine that has covered that issue, and may have support from both sides of the fence.

would you take sides?

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
truckmount girl said:
This industry is full of great people who care about each other and making this industry better. This is something I think is rare in other industries, especially other service industries. Allowing that we have an exceptional amount of quality people, if you could assemble a dream team to lead this industry, maybe 5 or 10 people with the knowledge, integrity, vision and attitude to make the difference who would you choose and why?

Take care,
Lisa

That's a question that takes some thought, but I'm sure I could do it with those online here tonight.

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree with testing. I agree with the need to find out what works and what doesn't. I have published at least two articles this past year with information that I feel will make the CRI program better (written by Dr. Aziz and Jim Pemberton). I am not in this to make money and to take a political side. That's why I offer pages in Cleanfax for both sides of the story/issue.

On that note..

Have you gotten any negative feedback from the CRI or IICRC for publishing Pemberton's, Aziz's, and Wheelwright's anti SOA articles?

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
Rumor has it that the SCRT and the CRI are going to conduct wand studies next. If you were the SCRT, would you associate yourself with the CRI or try to go it alone?

Go it alone. The have them do their own study, and compare notes later.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:

On that note..

Have you gotten any negative feedback from the CRI or IICRC for publishing Pemberton's, Aziz's, and Wheelwright's anti SOA articles?

Oh, yeah, I'm in the doghouse often. Popularity isn't my thing, I guess. Phew, is this seat getting warm or what?

The Preacher

have you had requests for a second Last Word appearance by me???

i have a new van since the last one came out!!!

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Danny Strickland said:
have you had requests for a second Last Word appearance by me???

i have a new van since the last one came out!!!

We will NEVER, EVER run you in the magazine again, Danny. Last time, we had about 1,000 requests for reprints, and the costs just got out of control.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jeff Cross said:
[quote="Mikey P":2gvq84li]Rumor has it that the SCRT and the CRI are going to conduct wand studies next. If you were the SCRT, would you associate yourself with the CRI or try to go it alone?

Go it alone. The have them do their own study, and compare notes later.[/quote:2gvq84li]

I agree wholeheartedly. There are certification bodies and there are trade associations, and it is a slippery slope when the two try to blend or become both. Do you see a problem with the apparent blending of certification bodies and trade associations?

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Jeff Cross said:
[quote="Mikey P":3jsgp9dy]Have you used a modified Titanium or Greenhorn wand yet?

No... Jeff and Lisa won't let me.[/quote:3jsgp9dy]

I though JWits were not allowed to lie Jeff?

Shameful.

As a CC icon you owe to yourself and to your readers to be hip and up to date.

I will expect a editorial on your latest adventures with a Greenhorn in next month's issue.
I can guarantee you the GG will have one on your door step for testing by the end of next week.

Mikey P

Administrator
Jeff Cross said:
[quote="Mikey P":1dj0esko]Has your job as Editor ever been threatened?

No, not that I know of... why? Do you know something?[/quote:1dj0esko]

I was offered you job last week if I wanted it.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
truckmount girl said:
[quote="Jeff Cross":2n0xba2x][quote="Mikey P":2n0xba2x]Rumor has it that the SCRT and the CRI are going to conduct wand studies next. If you were the SCRT, would you associate yourself with the CRI or try to go it alone?

Go it alone. The have them do their own study, and compare notes later.[/quote:2n0xba2x]

I agree wholeheartedly. There are certification bodies and there are trade associations, and it is a slippery slope when the two try to blend or become both. Do you see a problem with the apparent blending of certification bodies and trade associations?

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:2n0xba2x]

Could be a problem. There is a difference, and they need to recognize the difference. Just be what you are.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
[quote="Jeff Cross":3cp0dtp4][quote="Mikey P":3cp0dtp4]Has your job as Editor ever been threatened?

No, not that I know of... why? Do you know something?[/quote:3cp0dtp4]

I was offered you job last week if I wanted it.[/quote:3cp0dtp4]

Phew, that means I get some time off.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
[quote="Jeff Cross":2m2g8vxs][quote="Mikey P":2m2g8vxs]Have you used a modified Titanium or Greenhorn wand yet?

No... Jeff and Lisa won't let me.[/quote:2m2g8vxs]

I though JWits were not allowed to lie Jeff?

Shameful.

As a CC icon you owe to yourself and to your readers to be hip and up to date.

I will expect a editorial on your latest adventures with a Greenhorn in next month's issue.
I can guarantee you the GG will have one on your door step for testing by the end of next week.[/quote:2m2g8vxs]

We are allowed to do whatever we want, just might get into trouble doing it. Any equipment sent to me will be tested, and my address is in my email signature. Can't wait!

Mikey P

Administrator
What do you think of the controversy over Joe Polish's latest meeting?
(Specifically: Was it more substance, or more of a tent revival?)

How much money do you think Joe pulled in over the 3 days?

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Mikey P said:
What do you think of the controversy over Joe Polish's latest meeting?
(Specifically: Was it more substance, or more of a tent revival?)

How much money do you think Joe pulled in over the 3 days?

It was a good event. You can attend and not buy anything, and you still get some good advice. Not sure of the money, but I'm sure it was substantial. There were at least 700 people there, and I was there the first two days. Richard Branson was cool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom