Just ordered our Dwell Pro 2

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Have had our eye on this machine for some time now. With the increase in commercial work we are experiencing and not being able to access areas with the TM it was time to pony up and buy this bad boy.

upload_2016-10-20_14-48-43.png

Mike will finish the build next week and send it out to us. Excited to get our hands on it, start using it and posting some videos (just for Marty) and our thoughts on the machine.

We will be able to use our Zipper and Devastator wands as well as our spinner for tile and grout since we can get between 1300-1500 PSI out of this unit.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Why this one? Instead of a Nautilus or other portable unit? What benefits do you see with this unit over other lower prices portables that seem capable of doing what this machine does?
You can very efficiently run a Zipper with this. It has the capabilities that a porty does not, such as an automatic pump out and water feed.
I was going to buy one of these before my hubby got real sick. These are used in massive hotels and airports. Much faster than a portable!

Good for you @PrimaDonna!

Reactions: MR CLEAN

MR CLEAN

Name
MR CLEAN
Why this one? Instead of a Nautilus or other portable unit? What benefits do you see with this unit over other lower prices portables that seem capable of doing what this machine does?
Bob , I've Ben hesitant to purchase a portable unit for many years for many reasons. I Find the Dev pro unit engineering and capabilities excellent for what we need . I can't wait to see what it does with a devastator wand. I'm sure nothing less then exceptional .

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Kellie did a great job of outlining the benefits of this machine and things we were attracted too.

Had the chance to see it in Atlanta and get to speak with mike about it personally. We also won the MB raffle at The Experience which gave us a nice discount on he machine.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
The nautilus has auto fill and pump out and 1200 psi pump and would run Zipper as well. Trying to figure out if I'm making a mistake since I had planned to keep a portable on the new van. 7 thousand is a hefty price so just trying to understand or justify in my mind...why this one?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@Mikey P, you know the Dewll Pro...not sure how it compares to a nautilus as I'm not familiar with that machine. Maybe Mike or someone else familiar with both can explain the difference. (@Kellie Hiler maybe you know?)

Or we need to get Mike K in here to tell you more about his machine.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I can't wait to see what it does with a devastator wand. I'm sure nothing less then exceptional .
Looking forward to some video then... I have used the Nautilus a few times and except for heat, it is better than a couple Truck Mounts we had.
Anyway congratulations and I hope it makes you a ton of money!

Reactions: Old Coastie

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It looks like a very well built yet simple unit. I knows what he is doing and how it can work well for condo or apartment setups.

I think the major difference is the Dwell Pro doesn't have a large recovery tank. Its more of a recovery where the pumpout gathers the waste water. The Natuilus has the more typical tank with pumpout option.

Congrats!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Nice machine, but......

:icon_rolleyes: Dual 3 stage motors - What size? Parallel or series? (Hint - parallel will operate well up to 50 feet Series? Can't move the debris fast enough down the hose so shorter runs) 8.4's - maxed amps, but then you need a third cord for that big ass pump. And I can't see running 2 three stages and the 2 horse pump motor on 2 .cords. Just my experience with 30 plus years of using electricity to power equipment.

Auto fill/dump - Do you have any idea how many different fittings there are on sinks? In a lot of commercial buildings here. the fittings are stuck in place. No tubs to run on either and you would lather up a sweat pretty good bucket brigadier for that flow. .There won't always be a toilet to let the good times flow. At least with a waste / fresh tank you have capacity.

Heat? You can either go to an inline electric (kleenrite heatrite 2 is awesome, have to choke the wand flow a bit) but 2 more cords or a little giant on a cart. Are the facilities going to allow you run propane inside the building? A lot of offices only sport 5 to 10 gallons of electrically heated water. You're cold cleaning for an hour while the water heater recovers.

I'm sure it's a fine machine that will, as an ex member put it, have you farting through silk, but I'm just letting you see the obstacles that you will run into. The secure/TM unreachable market is pretty tasty, but you need a few weapons in your arsenal to be properly prepared. Today's traditional extractors make good sense too, they're powerful, and can be outfitted quite well and have some excellent price points.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I just wanted to give you a heads up on the speed bumps. Now go out and buy a box porty too!:biggrin:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Looking forward to some video then... I have used the Nautilus a few times and except for heat, it is better than a couple Truck Mounts we had.
Anyway congratulations and I hope it makes you a ton of money!

I've been telling these knuckleheads for years that a good balanced electric unit works really well. Nobody listens.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
You're looking forward to video?
:biggrin: I'm glad they are excited about their purchase. A short video...

a good balanced electric unit works really well.
I always have a portable in our vans. It is a back up to the Truck Mount because... I don't like filling and dumping buckets all day but... Some of these new Portables are almost like having a second TM on the job. Great for fast water extraction jobs on the 4th floor of a Condo or Hotel. The Nautilus lets you run the Vacs either in parallel or series... takes about a minute to change.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Different tools for different jobs. The

Dwell pro looks well made but is dependent on being hooked up to a fawcet and having somewhere to pump out to. A high performance portable like the Nautilus allow you to fill and empty the machine with a bucket. Both will clean well. I do a lot of strata buildings hallways (no tm access) and their is no water to hook up to or place to pump out. For areas that have access to water and a sink or toilet to pump out to the Dwell Pro will shine. You have to determine why you need a portable and how are you going to operate it in those areas. For commercial carpet, you may want to check out, dare I say it? Vlm options such as a cimex or Brush Pro. Amperage is a big consideration. Condo's may have 20 amp circuits. Commercial areas may only have 15

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Dwell pro looks well made but is dependent on being hooked up to a fawcet and having somewhere to pump out to

Yes and no.

If your other portable requires a bucket for clean water to fill it, then you can the same way just drop your fresh water hose in that same bucket to suck the water out.
Same way with pumping out. If your other porty will need a bucket to dump periodically, then you can just drop your pump out hose in that same bucket to pump out.

Really, it is a great unit.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes and no.

If your other portable requires a bucket for clean water to fill it, then you can the same way just drop your fresh water hose in that same bucket to suck the water out.
Same way with pumping out. If your other porty will need a bucket to dump periodically, then you can just drop your pump out hose in that same bucket to pump out.

Really, it is a great unit.
you are seriously going to suck water out of a 5 gallon bucket and pump out into another. that is so fooking crazy I can't even comment on it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You obviously don't use a portable very much. I'll give you an example. I have a seniors residence that has a large amenity/party room on the top floor of their building. There is a sink but it has a fawcet that you cannot hook up to. It does have a toilet to pump out to. It's about 2000 sqft. When I clean it, I fill my machine from a janitors room 4 floors below, take my machine up the elevator and start cleaning. When I run out of water, I disconnect the machine and wheel it down to the janitors room, dump and refill it. If you have only a 10 gallon machine, you will do this 4-5 times. If you are using a 5 gallon bucket, you will do this 8-10 times. Or carry 2 five gallon buckets of water up at a time. It doesn't take very long to go through a five gallon bucket and if you let the pump run dry, you will have to reprime the pump. It would drive you or your techs crazy. That's the reason I built my own machine. It's 24 gallons. I fill and empty it twice when I do this job. This was the same downfall with the Steaming/Demon. If you couldn't hook it up to a tap and sink/toilet, you couldn't use it. There are more and more places being built today that have faucets that you cannot hook up a hose to. When I fill my machine in the janitors room, I use a 3/4 inch hose that fills it up very quickly. I filter the dirty water and let go into the janitors sink. 24 gallons in 5 minutes or less.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I've done hundreds of jobs with the Dwellpro....

Many many of those jobs with faucets that cannot be connected to.. I would plug the sink and put the water on a slow flow to constantly fill while my Dwellpro hose rests in the water siphoning it up.

I also used Mytee speedsters years ago...but we're not talking about other portables but the Dwellpro. Have you used one?

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If Chavez was closer, you could always call him when the flood happens. I would be spending more time watching that the sink doesn't overflow than cleaning carpets.

No...you'll get a hang of it on a job or two. I could go through a 2 bedroom, livingroom dining room hallway type job and not worry about the sink once I have set up.

Not to mention- if you're going to unhook and travel 4 floors down with your machine just to fill it and the same to get back upstairs and then hook everything up... How much time is that?
It might be a lot quicker just to take a quick peek at the sink if you're worried about it. (every once in a while when you stop wanding)

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
No...you'll get a hang of it on a job or two. I could go through a 2 bedroom, livingroom dining room hallway type job and not worry about the sink once you have set up.
I'm not saying it can't be done but seems very impractical. For a small job like that a decent high performance portable like a Mytee dual 3 stage with 500 psi pump will do just as well. You can get them with autofill/dump as well. To me the Dwell Pro seems more appropriate for large open areas where you can't get a tm into. Seems a little overkill for a small job.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
If there is a sink or a toilet there is a supply line. Why aren't you connecting the hose there? Filling buckets or connecting machine. Which ever.

Name
Nate W.
Siphon from the toilet tank and dump in the toilet... This isn't rocket science... Lmfao...

Many ways to skin a cat... If you only have a DwellPro you'll figure out ways to get the job done... If you don't, you'll figure out how to make another porty efficency for you...

I make due with what I have to work with..

And for the record, I was just joking about the toilet..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom