Just ordered our Dwell Pro 2

grizzley

Name
Tim
You will tend to have issues on occasion with foam since the tank is so small. Also, with 2 large vac motors, and that pump being so large, I have seen it being a pain to keep breakers from tripping, even on 2 20 amp breakers. The one good thing is you can run just one motor just to get the job done.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Siphon from the toilet tank and dump in the toilet... This isn't rocket science... Lmfao...

Many ways to skin a cat... If you only have a DwellPro you'll figure out ways to get the job done... If you don't, you'll figure out how to make another porty efficency for you...

I make due with what I have to work with..

And for the record, I was just joking about the toilet..

That ain't no joke I would siphon out of the supply tank and pump into the bowl.

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If there is a sink or a toilet there is a supply line. Why aren't you connecting the hose there? Filling buckets or connecting machine. Which ever.
Bob, you are really going to get your wrenches out and disconnect your customers plumbing? Jury rig a hose so you can fill a pail or connect a machine? What if you strip the connector nut and it starts leaking? I think you are smoking the same stuff as Zee. You could siphon out of the toilet tank unless there is something added. It's just clean water. I wouldn't do it out of the bowl. All I am saying is, it is easier to have the right machine for the job. There is no such thng as one machine for all occasions.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Bob, you are really going to get your wrenches out and disconnect your customers plumbing?
It takes 30 seconds. Turn off at the wall the shut off and unscrew at bottom- The Hot is the supply line on the left. Go to Home Depot and buy a long supply lines- 2 because there are 2 different sizes at wall- Go over and find a brass fitting that will screw into the end for your garden hose screw that into the shut off valve and connect your garden hose- turn the water on and you are in business. Saving you 4 trips inn the elevator. Your welcome. Yes I did it at least 100 times and maybe more and no issues at all. Do the same thing on a job with your TM in situation where there is no water outside to connect to... use the cold water side unless your TM needs help. Bring a towel to wipe the small amount of water that will drain out of existing supply line.
I never connect to the faucet in a customers house. You won't strip anything... remember- lefty loosy righty tighty.

FredC

Village Idiot
That seems like a really dumbassed thing to do ....but whatever......YMMV

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
That seems like a really dumbassed thing to do ....but whatever......YMMV
It's the difference of doing a job and not doing the job Fred. It is easy and fast and if you have ever replaced a faucet in your house you would realize how fast and easy that is. In this case you are only doing step one- turning off the supply line to the sink... look under your sink.
I'm not suppose to react to you calling me a dumb ass... trying to help Carpet Cleaners here Fred... it's easy and it works. Calling me a name was un-called for.

Mikey P

Administrator
Messing with people's plumbing like that is not a MB Must Have recommendation...

I take it Bob never had any low moisture alternatives

FredC

Village Idiot
I've done TONS of plumbing in my life Bob.

I am helping carpet cleaners by telling them its a dumbassed idea. Not only because of the varied plumbing setups you run into (its not all HD showroom setups) but because you then own any sink problems until they forget you were ever there.

and where are you guys finding these "thousands" of sinks you can't connect to with adapters?

Mikey P

Administrator
Is this the first time you got called a name on MB?

Congrats!

Welcome to the family, you've finally been initiated

Good thing you ain't mexican.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I can't tell you how many jobs it saved. Guys that are breaking down their TM's to the last net then re-assembling them can't disconnect 1 side of a supply line? This is done almost always at a Commercial job... not residential and it works with no problems. No water to connect to and this is an option. A better option would be bring your own water. This isn't the first time I've been called a name on this board. I can't do anything about being my age... but I think this is the first time I've ever been called dumb... Mark said I would like Fred if I met him in person and that he is different here on the board.
Not a Mikey Board suggestion then OK. Just saying what I do in those situations... they are going to have to hook this portable to a water source...

Mikey P

Administrator
1347884672404_7667276.png

FredC

Village Idiot
@Mikey P

there is zero reason to delete my post in this thread........so I undeleted

Its a dumbass idea. Maybe he didn't cause a a leak in some crap poly connections under a customers sink in the hundreds of times:icon_rolleyes: he did it but that doesn't mean his dumbass idea should go unchallenged

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've done TONS of plumbing in my life Bob.

I am helping carpet cleaners by telling them its a dumbassed idea. Not only because of the varied plumbing setups you run into (its not all HD showroom setups) but because you then own any sink problems until they forget you were ever there.

and where are you guys finding these "thousands" of sinks you can't connect to with adapters?
Fred, go to Home Depots website and type in kitchen faucets. Usually the first 8 that show up are ones that cannot be hooked up to. In bathrooms, we are also finding new faucets, duck bills and others that don't have an aerator.
Bob, If I screw up my tm taking it apart and putting it together, that's my problem. If I screw up the customers plumbing, that's also my problem. You may think it saves time but not if you have to stop what you are doing and run down to Home Depot to pick up parts to repair the customers plumbing. I understand if you are comfortable doing this yourself, but seriously, are you going to send some tech out to do that, and trust that he has put everything back properly. Not saying it can't be done but we're carpet cleaners not plumbers and I don't think your customers are going to be too comfortable having you playing with their plumbing. Bob, you have been in the business and I know that you are a "can do" kind of guy. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. Absolutely no reason for name calling guys. This is a just a difference in opinions. Remember, we all have our own HUMBLE opinion.

FredC

Village Idiot
I know that they exist Ron just doesn't seem like it would be that widespread in combo with zero other supply options other than disassembling the customers plumbing system.

then there are also different slipons that may help.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I know that they exist Ron just doesn't seem like it would be that widespread in combo with zero other supply options other than disassembling the customers plumbing system.

then there are also different slip ons that can be used.
Where we typically find them are in new condo developments. The very buildings where we need a portable. Most of the new commercial buildings have somewhere to hook up to. A lot of the new condo buildings have mainly hard surface flooring, except for the bedrooms. We charge $150.00 to go and clean 1 or 2 bedrooms and most of these places are pretty small. I am looking at building a smaller machine but with the same power as my big machine, just to accommodate these places. A dwell pro would be overkill in these little places but the good thing is that a lot of them are now coming with 20 amp kitchen plugs. The hallways and common areas of these building are carpeted and are not accessible with a tm and there is no where at all to hook up a autofill/dump machine. These are very profitable jobs but required a box extractor carrying it own water or some vlm method. I don't want to be knocking the Dwell Pro because it looks like it is a well designed machine. I just don't think it is practical for some of the jobs I do on a regular basis.

FredC

Village Idiot
I get that Ron. I understand that there are faucets you can't hook up to.....I really really do...........

Maybe its because I omitted the complete thought.

I'm saying it is irresponsible to disassemble your customers plumbing to make things easier OR because of a lack of capability (water tank) of your equipment.

What do you do when you when the only option would be to disassemble plumbing?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I get that Ron. I understand that there are faucets you can't hook up to.....I really really do...........

Maybe its because I omitted the complete thought.

I'm saying it is irresponsible to disassemble your customers plumbing to make things easier OR because of a lack of capability (water tank) of your equipment.

What do you do when you when the only option would be to disassemble plumbing?
I have never had that happen. I carry a couple of different sized pails and some times I have taken a large diameter hose and clamped over the existing faucet. It will work for filling a pail or portable but if you hooked it up to a machine it would spray water out as it only loosely fits over the faucet.

Reactions: FredC

rick imby

Name
Rick
I have removed several shower heads to hook up the steamin Demon. I have no fear as the head always goes right back on easily and if it were to leak it would be into the tub or stall. The problem I have with Bob's solution is if it were to leak it could cause significant damage leaking into a sink base.

I have a couple of old apartment houses I would certainly not want a carpet cleaner disconnecting and reconnecting my kitchen sink hot water line. I had one guy hook to the bottom of my water heater. Then the darn valve would not close completely. Most the water shutoffs are quite fragile cheap potmetal.

Reactions: FredC

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
In an emergency, can I drink a gallon of water and hook the feed hose to my marty and put the drain in my jimmy?

That is just SO wrong and by the way, you owe me one cup of coffee and a new shirtfront. I missed the keyboard and can mop the floor myself.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It will take only one mistake and a nice flood to make some have a second thoughts.
Till then, good luck. I'm with Fred. For me its not worth it.

I love Zee's cool headed approach to having a sink without an overflow outlet (drain) constantly fill. I only wish I had his nerves of steel.
I guess its porty hacks equivalent of playing Russian roulette :winky:

Name
Nate W.
I've connected to many of faucets in condos and apartments... If I can't connect to it, I do the dreaded bucket brigade... I have never connected to a shut off valve or taken off washer hoses or water lines... Only the aerator under the faucets...

We did a 8 floor flood where the homeowner thought it was a simple untwist the shower head and replace it... He over tighten it and broke the solder on the connector behind the wall... 2 weeks go by and they finally figured out the problem... The leak would occur when he took showers but would the water would stop when he finished taking a shower... He didn't think anything of it...

Don't be that guy...

I do trust my auto fill and it's home made... A simple float valve like the old toilets used... I always check it that it shuts off the water at I hook up to the faucet... When I have money to blow, I'll have @Cleanworks make me a 30 gallon portable for those high-rise jobs... I go through about 30 gallons on the job... I think that'd be the right size for me... Probably heavier than sh!t, but it'd fit the bill 99%...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom