Just ordered our Dwell Pro 2

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm not saying it can't be done but seems very impractical. For a small job like that a decent high performance portable like a Mytee dual 3 stage with 500 psi pump will do just as well. You can get them with autofill/dump as well. To me the Dwell Pro seems more appropriate for large open areas where you can't get a tm into. Seems a little overkill for a small job.

I agree.......the DP is a niche unit for large jobs where it can be run continuously with live AF/APO and long vac hose runs....that's what it was built to do.......to run such a big unit any other way seems counterproductive to me.

I would be faster on smaller jobs with a smaller more maneuverable unit as opposed to that behemoth.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I would be faster on smaller jobs with a smaller more maneuverable unit as opposed to that behemoth.

I agree. That's why we have the Mytee ETM and the Mytee M5.

The ETM is cheaper then the Dwell Pro and has 4 vac motors. The only benefit I can see in the Dwell is that its easier to set up and maneuver.
Oh- AND:
Dwell Pro has MB hype and the ETM does not.
Food for thought--- Sometimes equipment fails due to operator error or neglect-- of which I have been guilty of.- yet don't blame it on the Machine.

Reactions: Cleanworks

rick imby

Name
Rick
I agree.......the DP is a niche unit for large jobs where it can be run continuously with live AF/APO and long vac hose runs....that's what it was built to do.......to run such a big unit any other way seems counterproductive to me.

I think it is all in what you get used to. With the Dwell Pro they are going to be focussing on getting different things than what you are focused on with your setup. In time some jobs will go better with the DP and some better with 12 gallon porty. Adapting is the key difference between Bosses and Chimps...

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I think it is all in what you get used to. With the Dwell Pro they are going to be focussing on getting different things than what you are focused on with your setup. In time some jobs will go better with the DP and some better with 12 gallon porty. Adapting is the key difference between Bosses and Chimps...

You should be getting used to the right tool for the application.

Silly to compare a DP to most porties........2 different animals.

The DP was built for square footage production...not 2 rooms and a hall.

Although I have never operated a DP, I would imagine that it would benefit to have a little more free space surrounding it to set up and operate than a classic design because of it's weight and footprint.

The footprint and maneuverability of classic porty designs are more favorable to most occupied residential units and tighter areas.

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
it was also designed to stay at facilities...

lugging those things around on a daily basis aint for the weak spined..

Interestingly enough, it is easier to maneuver around than that of your average porty. You could roll it around on four wheels or you could roll around on two like a dolly.
Getting it in and out of vans is not worse than a big body porty. You lay one end on the van and lift the other end up and push in.

Honestly: 99percent of you guys commenting here most likely have not used one outside of a convention hall or parking lot...so your opinions need to be tamed accordingly.

Reactions: Mikey P

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Should be taking delivery on it today or tomorrow! Just waiting for the call.

Had to sweet talk the local lumber yard up the block into taking delivery for us since we don't have a loading dock or fork lift and either one of those is required for delivery. We are excited to get our hands on it and start using it.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
She arrived today! We could have taken delivery if it was a truck with a lift....but it was on a pallet so forklift needed since no lift. Love having local hardware/lumber yard up the block that took delivery for us. Small town America at its best.

Can't wait to unwrap her and test it out. I'm heading out to Little Rock first thing in the AM for the FPA distributor meeting and won't be back till Saturday. I'll have to wait till Monday to see her!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't see the point of running a filter with it. Why? Just use a paint filter on the inlet inside the tank...or nothing. Just keep the small pump out screen clean.

Edit: I forgot that their hacking doesn't allow vacuuming.

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't see the point of running a filter with it. Why? Just use a paint filter on the inlet inside the tank...or nothing. Just keep the small pump out screen clean.

Edit: I forgot that their hacking doesn't allow vacuuming.

True, with that machine in particular, pre vacuuming will be a must on piles

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom