Name
rick Jones
My vlm tool!!! Sorry could not resist:stir:
1709691672377.png

Reactions: Rob Grady

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Vlm by definition means under 3 hour dry times.

This things pretty much guarantee 36 hours of suffering.
Noope!@@ I use less h2o. Who says you need to hold the trigger. Jeesh!!!!:stir:

Let the agitation do it's thing!
Low moisture on thick cut pile!!

Wheels turning?, light bulb moment?

Last edited:

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton

Ever-Fresh

Name
Jeff Paton

I get it! He does not "trust" encapsulation.
I used to clean a very busy Mexican Restaurant monthly, which in some places it was so black with grease that you did not know the color of the carpet. I usually OP'd and sprayed heavy and blew through a lot of pads, but is always came out. I purchased a CRB and wanted to test straight encap. I was astonished at how well it removed the grease, but I had to really load up on moisture and several passes to get the black areas out. I expected to have to come back to "fix" the problem the next day, but I was utterly surprised that it looked and felt great! I repeated it the next month, noting that resoiling was a bit faster than when I used pads. I used a CRB and repeated it the next month and it started resoiling faster than the first time around. I was astonished at how well encapsulation lived up to the hype, and it exceeded what I expected of it, for a greasy restaurant is not what it claims to work on. I returned to padding, and flushed it with HWE once a year as padcapping started to fail and resoil quickly in about 10 months. Flushing it with HWE meant that I had to return in the next few days to eliminate the streaks and wick-backs with Encap and Pads.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So, if you used one of these power units, how long could you run a Pad Machine on one charge? It could be a viable option in situations where power has been shut off.
I have something like 7.6kwh with that unit so probably all day if needed. Maybe more.

Reactions: Ever-Fresh
Name
Swani
So, if you used one of these power units, how long could you run a Pad Machine on one charge? It could be a viable option in situations where power has been shut off.
I might have this f'd up, but if you were using something like a Phoenix that draws 5.5 amps and 660 watts an hour. You would get approximately 37 minutes from a Yeti Goal Zero 400.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do you even have the weights? In dirty areas, the difference is night and day. I hated my Orbot until I got the weights.

It only has 38 pounds of head weight by itself. Not good.
I have a weight kit for the Sprayborg. Just don't find it necessary. I use premium juices and microfiber pads and the carpets come out beautifully. Maybe if I was doing greasepits.

Reactions: Nomad74

sassyotto

Name
Paul
VLM removes soil as do all carpet cleaning methods. What I do need convincing on is what they leave behind.

The way I clean with HWE is very similar to washing your clothes. Wash cycle/Agitation/rinse cycle. Apply cleaning agent, CRB, rinse with water and groom. With the CRB doing most of the work, I can reduce the amount of cleaning agent and water pressure.

So when I clean for a repeat customer. At any point, I can remove the hose cuff off my wand and I will see just water inside the hose, extremely little or no white (cleaning agent).

Today I cleaned for a past customer that I used to clean annually. Last year she tried a VLM cleaner. She said it looked good at first but then kinda *dulled out*. When I started cleaning I noticed a slight reduction of suction, so I take off my cuff and see lots of white (cleaning agent) so much so in fact that from that point on I just presprayed water because there was enough cleaning agent in the carpet from the VLM that I just needed to activate it.

Pictures say a thousand words. Again, all I presprayed was plain, softened water.

IMG_0569.jpg

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
VLM removes soil as do all carpet cleaning methods. What I do need convincing on is what they leave behind.

The way I clean with HWE is very similar to washing your clothes. Wash cycle/Agitation/rinse cycle. Apply cleaning agent, CRB, rinse with water and groom. With the CRB doing most of the work, I can reduce the amount of cleaning agent and water pressure.

So when I clean for a repeat customer. At any point, I can remove the hose cuff off my wand and I will see just water inside the hose, extremely little or no white (cleaning agent).

Today I cleaned for a past customer that I used to clean annually. Last year she tried a VLM cleaner. She said it looked good at first but then kinda *dulled out*. When I started cleaning I noticed a slight reduction of suction, so I take off my cuff and see lots of white (cleaning agent) so much so in fact that from that point on I just presprayed water because there was enough cleaning agent in the carpet from the VLM that I just needed to activate it.

Pictures say a thousand words. Again, all I presprayed was plain, softened water.

View attachment 126478
Anecdotal stories can go both ways.

I’ve cleaned plenty of homes with HWE (due to new puppies, etc) after cleaning with VLM several times and I’ve never got this.

Some VLM cleaners suck and use bad chems, just like I’ve pulled out loads of soap from carpet after a shitty HWE cleaner.

I’m finding after almost two years of mostly VLM that carpet is looking cleaner long term.

My reputation is everything, so if that wasn’t the case, I’d still be mostly pulling hoses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom