Need some truckmount advice.

Name
Arnold & Renae
Ok Marty. Thank you very much. You are a fountain of information. A direct drive unit is not an option. We currently have a butler, which works great, but arnold does not want to go that route this time around. We do not have to run two hoses since we have another van just wanted to check the option. We are thinking that the heat in the van will not be a problem because the diesel does not run as hot as the gasoline. Regarding slide in units, is the only reason you do not recommend them for theft reason, or are there other reasons? We do not typically work in high crime areas, so as of yet that has not been a problem for us. Our Promaster is like the Sprinter. Knowing this information do you still not recommend for us the Chief II D? Is there another non direct drive unit you would recommend?

Renae

hogjowl

Idiot™
No! I will not recommend any other slide in. If security is not a concern, and if you are correct about the diesel being cooler, then the Chief II-D is perfect for you.

Name
Marcus
Simple is better IMO
Easy to work on....
Larger the engine 30-35 hp. and larger the blower..4.5 at least...greater the vacuum
Heat is half the cleaning power....kero and propane are more heat than heat exchangers.....
Some used truckmounts are easily upgraded with larger engine and external propane, kero heat.....
Cap

Name
Arnold & Renae
We have been talking to Jim. He has been incredibly helpful. The El Diablo and the Saphire are his favorite. Just want to make sure that we are buying the best unit for us. The Saphire 570 is quite a bit more money than the TCS. This is fine if it's that much better of a machine. We were definitely looking at the Saohire. We will talk with Jim again tomorrow.

Heat is definitely being taken into consideration.

Just got off work. Pretty sure I worked harder not smarter tonight.

Really appreciating your guys' help on this.

Name
Arnold & Renae
We looked at the El Diablo. The main concern was that it is air cooled not liquid cooled. And after talking with you about the heat in the van, the El Diablo is a gas powered motor with diesel burner.

Does anyone have an El Diablo? How long do they typically last?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim is a great distributor, but the 13" vac limitation on the Sapphire is just not acceptable.

I would lean toward the TCS TM if Jim could handle the installation.

Of course, your 3rd choice has some additional merits, also.

Reactions: hogjowl

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
You know i'd be putting an 870 in that bad boy, but thats just me. All the heat and suck you could ever want. But id definitely make sure Jim was on board with whatever you decide on. Either way I can't wait to see what you get.

Reactions: Russ T.

Mikey P

Administrator
You really can't go wrong with any of the units you mentioned..

Pick a color and start a new thread asking Mark what his favorite rinse is..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom