Network Carpet Cleaning...Changing the world of clean...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Joe Bristor said:
Brian,

Is your service doing anything to qualify the cleaners listed?

There is a feedback page on the Network Carpet Cleaning website. Anyone doing anything illegal or unethical will lose the subscription.

Dave, you can get pretty close to your demo on search engines as well.
Remember, Google is everywhere....not just on Google.com

Social sites are good to get your name out there as well. I'm a nice guy...I have lots of friends. lol
The options are endless for creativity.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Joe Bristor said:
Sorry. should have been more specific.
Isd there anything being done to qualify them beforehand?

No. Just like any internet ad or group or like any pay per click...there is no screening process because that would add to the cost of the subscription and would be a PITA.
Not to mention half impossible to verify really.

So you are safe Joe. :mrgreen:

Joe Bristor

I was not looking for a loophole for me Brian.
nor was it a joke.
I was asking about YOU and YOUR due diligence.
I am not impressed.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What would you suggest Joe?
Not one internet site or any paper adverisement does background checks or even checks to see it you're a real company. Even Service Magic backed off of that. Angies list goes strictly off of reviews of customers.

Don't try to put that crap on me like I'm the lone ranger.

This is just a way to help bring customers to cleaners. If they want to screw themselves, that's on them.

A

amazingcleansc

Dave Yoakum said:
So, is this a mainly nationwide facebook ad or is their other exposure?

Facebook is good in that it lets easily your pick demographics.

Just checking into social media myself. I like the way it is viral

facebook advertising=worse than shit for seo

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
To answer some questions I've been getting

1. If you see a cleaner pop up when you check your zip code (which it will just about every time now)
Your zip code COULD STILL BE AVAILABLE. Ask me if you like and I can check.
It works on Mathematics so the nearest cleaner to the zip you put in will pop up...even hundreds of miles away.

2. You can get more than 3 zip codes if you subscribe more than once. Every subscription gets 3. Subscribe as many times as you like.
Hint: if you are the only cleaner in your area then you only need 1 subscription to cover the whole area BUT it does leave those zip codes open for someone else to join.

3. You don't have to have a website (but it helps). I can make a place card that works...or I can help build a cheap website for you....or you can go with Andrechelle for a more pro website.

4. I am marketing everywhere I can for free but I am also spending money on paid ads in different venues.

5. I won't sell zip codes to the highest bidder... FIRST COME FIRST SERVED (even with a promise to subscribe within a few days if needed...just ask me.)

6. When someone subscribes to an area, I spend some time making that area work better.
Just a few hours optimizing the area to help the cleaner get more traffic.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Maybe Mikey will do a hot seat for me so I can ezplain better? :D

Here is a "HOT SEAT"...question for YOU..... :?:

Your PROFILE...state 20 years in the BIZ... :shock:

After 20 years...You have "NO" business assets to speak of....and could NOT...
establish a customer base...that would PROVIDE for the security...of YOUR family
or even keep your COMPANY viable... :(

Why would "ANYONE"....depend on YOUR skills to GENERATE a customer for THEM... :?

What will you be SELLING ....Next week... :roll:

You seem to be Chasing the "EASY BUCK"..... :!:

You would RATHER spend 20 hrs a day on your KEYBOARD...."Trying to pilfer a NICKLE...
form the pocket of 20 struggling cleaners !"

Instead of spending 1 hour of HONEST labor...."To EARN $1.00 on your OWN.."

FOCUS...your energy on your OWN business...."And leave these NEWBIES alone..."

There NEVER has been a short-cut to TRUE SUCCESS...."You MUST do the WORK"... :wink:

ps.." I realize this post PISSES you OFF..Brian"... :(

It is NOT my intention...But you are in a MANIC state "right now"...and need some one to SLAP you "Back"..on TASK... :wink:

You DO have "Specific Talents"....You should Consider a PARTNER in your BIZ....You are too
HYPER...to be ALONE...."Find your BALANCE".... :idea:

xoxo
Harper.. :mrgreen:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Joe,
That is what I was talking about in my previous post.
No he doesn't!

Which makes this another Yellow Page, Service magic etc, style advertising. Not directed towards the 'discriminating' client the one who is looking for quality.

May still work, who knows, the cost is not that high, or it may be a waste (again, you'll know only if you try it. Who knows!)

Yelp caters to people who look for reviews and it is free. However it may take a long time to get enough reviews and get noticed. Angie's list relies on subscribers reviews it costs about $175 a month (last I've heard.)

Here in the Bay Area there is also Diamond Certified that checks on the cleaner and calls about 100 of their clients, they want $5,600 a year.
Consumer CheckBook is free if you get their subscribers to rate you. There is also 'ValueStar' and 'The Good Service Guide' and as we talk there may be more.

These days advertisements get diluted. So many advertisers trying to do the same thing, competing against each other. So no single one is really effective.

My conclusion for my business is to go back to the basics: Give outstanding service. Work hard to develop a relationship with the client. Work diligently on word of mouth. Find some reasonable source of advertisement (new clients). Develop some relationship with people that may be a source of new high quality clients.

I guess Dave works on some of these principles. And so do many others.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
Brian R said:
Maybe Mikey will do a hot seat for me so I can ezplain better? :D
Good God, where do I start...How wrong can you be Harpo

Here is a "HOT SEAT"...question for YOU..... :?:

Your PROFILE...state 20 years in the BIZ... :shock:

After 20 years...You have "NO" business assets to speak of....and could NOT...
establish a customer base...that would PROVIDE for the security...of YOUR family
or even keep your COMPANY viable... :(
I have a very nice customer base...equipment is a liability..just ask Marty. For 15 years I was doing it "your" way...or more to the point the "wrong" way (equipment wise)...just my opinion of course.

Why would "ANYONE"....depend on YOUR skills to GENERATE a customer for THEM... :? Because I generate customers for me every day

What will you be SELLING ....Next week... :roll: Customer service...same thing as last week

You seem to be Chasing the "EASY BUCK"..... :!: If you think this is easy, you are sadly mistaken...this is a year in the making
You would RATHER spend 20 hrs a day on your KEYBOARD...."Trying to pilfer a NICKLE...
form the pocket of 20 struggling cleaners !" this is about getting more customers...how is that taking from the pocket of cleaners...$35.00 per month? Really? Is that too high for you Harpo?

Instead of spending 1 hour of HONEST labor...."To EARN $1.00 on your OWN.." Insert the rolling eyes emoticon here

FOCUS...you energy on your OWN business...."And leave these NEWBIES alone..." I focus on my business every day...this is now a part of it

There NEVER has been a short-cut to TRUE SUCCESS...."You MUST do the WORK"... :wink: Again, I've worked my ass off on this

ps.." I realize this post PISSES you OFF..Brian"... :( Not at all...helps answer some questions...and I expect you to be a dick about it...just like everything else. I've come to enjoy it you nimrod

It is NOT my intention...But you are in a MANIC state "right now"...and need some one to SLAP you "Back"..on TASK... :wink: Good job! again, insert Rolling Eyes

You DO have "Specific Talents"....You should Consider a PARTNER in your BIZ....You are too
HYPER...to be ALONE...."Find Tour BALANCE".... :idea: I think they call what you just did a "shit sandwich" a bunch of crap placed between two nice peices of bread

Love you too.

xoxo
Harper.. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ofer,
I understand what you are saying.
Honestly, I was just looking for a different way of doing things.
Sure it's an ad...but have you heard of any other company doing it like this?
Something so loyal to it's members that it only allows 1 carpet cleaner per area?
I haven't.

No, it isn't the end all to end all...what is? Diversification is key...this site works a on that a bit. I place it everywhere I can and try to get people to notice it for different reasons.

The carpet cleaner is skeptical...and should be...because we have all been screwed by Yellow pages and the like.
I don't claim that this will be the best thing since Harper's sliced bread...but I do claim to try to make it work with all the knowledge and enthusiasm that I have used to make my own carpet cleaning business' more than double each year over the last 3 years.

I'm not a carpet cleaner...I am a Marketing Person who has been in the carpet cleaning industry his entire life (great now I'm talking in the 3rd person :roll: )

Do what you love and do it well....if you can't do it well...love something else.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ofer..

Your conclusion is ABSOLUTLY correct...IMO..

I don't want to HiJaCk ..Brian's thread HERE...

BUT you become successful in any SERVICE business ...by knowing your MARKET... :wink:

NOW is the time to RAISE your PRICES... :shock:

This will distinguish US from the "cOOkiE CuTTer" company's that have FLOODED the market.!

NOT everyone wants to eat at Mc Donalds.... :roll:
We seek the client ...that enjoys a 5 star restaurant..and the SERVICE that comes with that
experience... :!:

EVERONE needs to stop ...PaNiCinG.....The worse the ECONOMY gets...The BETTER our
businesses will DO... :shock:

We can expect a 10% increase in client base this year...SIMPLY through ATTRITION... :(

They are "DroPPinG like FliEs"..around here...!!!
Some good guys are going down...also...."That is SAD..!"
Business has ALWAYS been the "Survival of the Fittest".... :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And I will add....Yellow pages and similar ads online and offline charge a minimum of $500.00 per month (just to make anything happen) and up to $3000.00 per month to screw you. Do you see how thin they make those pages? Who is making the real money there?

I'm charging $35.00 per month...that's nothing. I have spent at least 3 hours per month on every subscriber and countless hours on site promotion and maintenance.

Most of that money...if not all of it goes directly to paying ads or buying programs or paying programmers to make it work.
I haven't even recouped my out of pocket expense it took to get this thing going.

It's even taken away some from my carpet cleaning business' some...not too much thanks to Full Circle and Service Monster...and my awesome Cleaning Technicians.

Just to give an idea as to what that $35.00 is used for.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Harpomaniac wrote
NOT everyone wants to eat at Mc Donalds

I think it's safe to say that everyone has eaten at McDonalds...they are not doing too bad.
Can you not market like McDonalds and still have quality work?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"Soooo...If you DOUBLED you BIZ...last year..."

Doesn't that mean that you worked TWICE as hard..."To make the SAME money."

Since you are the "KinG" of 50%... :roll:

I consider "PROFIT"....as success... :!:

You seem to consider "VOLUME"...as success... :shock:

Sooo.. You Business plan is ...."If you are hauling produce for a living..and loosing MONEY.."
The SOLUTION is.."To buy MORE trucks.."... :eek:

I think you are BETTER off...raising your PRICE...and operate "ONE" truck @ a profit... :idea:

UNLESS...you are like 90% of Americans..."That LIVE beyond there MEANS"... :(
Constantly..."Robbing from Peter to PAY paul.."

Most Don't NEED a "MaRketInG Guru".....They NEED an "ACCOUNTANT"... :idea:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Where are you getting your info Harp?

I didn't work twice as hard...I worked twice as smart.

I can do 50 jobs in a day instead of 5 doing it myself...you do the math hotshot.

NO, I don't do 50 in a day...just an example.

I consider too much profit a scared mans crutch. Money back into a business builds wealth, not riches.

Harpotack wrote
Sooo.. You Business plan is ...."If you are hauling produce for a living..and loosing MONEY.."
The SOLUTION is.."To buy MORE trucks..".
Yes, how can you do more work without more ways to do it? And it's "ADD" more trucks not "BUY" more trucks.

You may be projecting again. "owning" big trucks that really own you isn't the best or the only way to run a business.
At your age, you should be showing me the money, not your ass. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Harp.

Give me something positive about what I am doing. I love playing Devils Advocate as much as the next guy but I would really like to hear if you having something good to say.
Whattya think?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
How LONG...will your plan take to ImPleMeNt... :?:

Gaugeing...your PrEvioUs success in this InDusTRy..."you should be about 103 years old."

Buy the way ..mArY..I am 51.. :shock:

Did I also mention ...that I am ReTiReD... :shock:

I would also be willing to WAGER...That I am the ONLY member on this BOARD...that has

"ZERO" ..debt... :shock: " own everything OUTRIGHT" business & personal "

Would you LIKE to "Talk about your pOrTfOliO"... :oops:

Any THING else you want to Talk about...."ShinE-Boy".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Hey Harp.

Give me something positive about what I am doing. I love playing Devils Advocate as much as the next guy but I would really like to hear if you having something good to say.
Whattya think?

fair enough...Give me a minute...I am on the phone... :!:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Another question to answer...

There are NO CONTRACTS...
You can cancel at anytime. If you don't want to keep it going at anytime, just cancel through paypal or give me a call and I will cancel it while on the phone with you...if I'm in front of a computer.

Hope this helps

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Can sombody in Harper's neck of the woods confiscate the shift and period keys from his keyboard?

Please?

Most annoying.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
This could end up being the next biggest thing................... Wait untill 2 years from now when brian and myself are rich. (i'm going to make him make me a partner on this deal, just in case it really kicks off) So brian im telling you i want in......... Remember facebook? it was nothing, now look at it............... its only 35 bucks a month guys you can try it for 6 months, its cheaper than just about anything else..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hey Brian,
The last thing I want is for this to be a "Bash a Brian" (B&B lol) thread.

I think your answers are good and honest.

I agree that your price is very reasonable and as I said, one never knows until one tries. And the price certainly takes away the risk out of that experiment. And it will put a few burritos a month on your table. (unless you add up all the zip codes....)

Hell, I wasted more money on some silly mistakes that I still feel :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: about after 20 years.
(Clarification- I am talking carpet cleaning mistakes here.)

Who knows I may try it myself, once my TX business actually gets going.

And I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and can personally learn from your ability to keep going and handle objections.

P.S. Does the $35.00 include private lessons regarding that? :|

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Johnny said:
Can sombody in Harper's neck of the woods confiscate the shift and period keys from his keyboard?

Please?

Most annoying.

I second that.

Hey Harper I'll consider paying you a monthly fee to do that :lol:

And I am sure Brian will consider chipping in. Say, $5.00 a month. Brian!!!!????

However, Harper got that remark before.
Needless to say it did not help.

We are still hopeful though.
Could it be typing ADHD?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ofer,
Thanks. No better way to get your TX business going (sales pitch :D ) . But act now because most of North Dallas is taken. lol...really most of North Dallas IS really taken.

Frank,
There are some members here that are members of Network Carpet Cleaning but I'm not going to "out" them if they don't want to be.
If these guys are giving me this much hell, I'm sure they don't want a part of that.

I might just give Harper 1 free subscription to tone the emoticons down a notch :mrgreen: (Just kidding)

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Johnny said:

Please?

Most annoying.

Sorry Johnny, I am such "White TraSh".... :oops:

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps."annoying",,,is the nIcEsT thing anyone has ever said to ME.... :D

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Brian R said:
Frank,
There are some members here that are members of Network Carpet Cleaning but I'm not going to "out" them if they don't want to be.
If these guys are giving me this much hell, I'm sure they don't want a part of that.

Understood,.
It would be interesting to here from some actual NCC subscribers about their real world experience and results so far.
No offense, but i think your program will be a tough sell until some users can start posting some consistent positive returns.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hey, Harper,
Will winning the Mr. Congeniality award persuade you?

If yes, I'd like to nominate you right now.

And......if not I will consider hypnosis.

Harper....
You feel very....
VeRRY.......
vErRy..............
TIreD.

On the count of ten..............

Hey I think it helped! :p

Back
Top Bottom