New Glide Design

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Fred's pic has 7 holes Cobb's has 18 more like a hybrid slot with out holes instead of the larger slots on most slotted glides.

Never mind Lisa already pointed it out. Phone is slow on the island

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Regardless of your drivel, I was impressed with the quality of this Glide.

While testing a Titanium with GreenGlide "Hole style" at the Experience,

I noticed many clean streaks left in the carpet by the holes in the glide.

That got me to looking for less dead space across the entire glide surface (the CX-15 has no dead space)

This design did seem to offer that .

We do ask for opinions from our customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

That got me to looking for less dead space across the entire glide surface.

Do you supply FREE glides to glide-using carpet cleaners (and customers) over 60? I know someone who does.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith

That got me to looking for less dead space across the entire glide surface.

At that point, why not just go for a slot then and eliminate the "dead spaces" altogether?

I have never found them to be "clean streaks" but actually pile reversal from the intense vacuum. When groomed they disappear.

Of all of the glides, the hybrid leaves the most aggressive pattern. Those little mini-slots really cause some mean pile reversal on dense plush carpets.....and if it's a wool, acrylic (or other wool-look fiber) or silk I recommend NOT using a hybrid on them because the pile reversal can be nearly impossible to groom out. For those I recommend a slot or a rug glide, which is a hole glide with the holes sunk in a channel to leave a smooth finish.

So Larry, who is making this glide?

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

Mikey P

Administrator

I understand that your local broke dick portable clients don't know any better and you can get them to use 8 ounces per gallon (16 if heavly soiled I bet) but please show some respect to the members and founding mother of this board and keep your knock off crap off my forum.

and go clean up you showroom for christ sakes, where is that Texas pride I keep hearing about?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Slots leave the least, at least until the glide wears down to the supporting bridges.

Hole leaves lines like the carpet was raked. You can order it with or without the edge cleaning channels.

Hybrid leaves a "candy stripe" pattern that can be difficult to groom out of very dense fine plush carpet or natural fiber area rugs.

The rug glide is holes that are recessed in a channel to give the suction of a hole, but smooth finish of a slot. Good for area rugs and rug plants where the rug has usually been dusted or vac'd before cleaning. On normal carpet that is not thoroughly vac'd, it will draw debris into the channel that is too big to pass through the holes and clogs easily, so it's only recommended for rugs.

Other manufacturers have other configurations. From this semi-hybrid to the zig-zag shark tooth styles.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: Dan

John Olson

Name
John Olson
OK soap box time-Guys if your still cleaning at 60 that's not Lisa's Fault. I know she has a great heart but FU*CK she went to war for you don't take advantage buy the DAMN GLIDE. She doesn't get them free so why do you think you deserve for her to pay for you to have one?-Rant Over

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Guys say they want American made products but the truth is, not a lot of people really want to pay for American made. We as a group do not want to work for free right... So what makes you think manufactures want to work for free. Lisa has to have the glides made, and they are made by a American, the truth be told... I bet the guy making them for her is probably doing better than her on the glides, and he doesn't have to deal with shipping, and complaints my glide leaks a little tiny itty bitty bit of air...I want a new one cause this on leaks.
We want American made but we want it done on China prices....it is not possible.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith

I believe very firmly that we need to give back more than we take from life. The industry supported myself and my children since 1987 and this is one small way I can give back to it. I love the industry. I love the wonderful people in it. I've seen people in their 80's still cleaning apartments every day. People who have had otherwise career ending illnesses and injuries (they get free glides too) and I know what it's like when you are left wondering how you will support yourself and your family now. I do it because it makes me happy to feel I can help someone.

After all, when we're dead, the only part of us that goes on is the difference we made in people's lives and the world, it is our only legacy. I don't believe in heaven or hell or karma, just this life, this one shot. So John, back off and let me have my legacy, okay? ;)

Take care,
Lisa

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Here John -You can start with Dennys....FYI - I buy my glides directly from Lisa, one of the few suppliers I completely trust and fully realize what she's done for me and all of us. Perhaps I should stop donating my cleanings that I don't charge for to people who really can't afford it or others whose cheques I don't cash. There's nothing wrong with having a good heart and a kindly way. It's not all about the money.
http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/Senior-Discounts

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom