New Mytee Rotary Extractor

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The plastic is going to crack and their is no clea way to hook a hose straight . Also I would like to see some cats claws in the feet to prevent lockdown and keep the air flowing for better extraction.

Name
John LaBarbera
The plastic is going to crack and their is no clea way to hook a hose straight . Also I would like to see some cats claws in the feet to prevent lockdown and keep the air flowing for better extraction.

You might want to take a closer look. Or not. Any and all will be able to see and run the Trex at Connections.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu

Maybe with a hammer i can crack it, the hoss i got to demo came with stress cracks in the cover
I have had no lock down problems at all. im very impressed so far . i have glue down in hallways tomorrow to try the t-rex on
and by next weekend i should have my own side by side with the other rotarys done

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
It looks like the jets set at an angle toward the vacuum slot, kind of like a Greenhorn wand. If I am to be picky, I would like the solution tube that is attached to the jet to have a slight elbow so that the jet could spray more evenly right in front of the vacuum slot. Am I explaining this so you know what I mean?

Reactions: Giorgio
Name
John LaBarbera
Hey Lispy, I can't make it to Connections this year... Do you have any pics of inside the head?

You mean like brains and stuff, punk? lol

For you, why not. Just got back from wine tasting in Sonoma, im in a good mood. I'll get some pic this week for our lanky friend trapped in paradise.

Name
John LaBarbera
It looks like the jets set at an angle toward the vacuum slot, kind of like a Greenhorn wand. If I am to be picky, I would like the solution tube that is attached to the jet to have a slight elbow so that the jet could spray more evenly right in front of the vacuum slot. Am I explaining this so you know what I mean?

Yes, Jim, you are explaining well. I dont think it matters with a rotary head. Lets wait until we get more comments from our beta tester, Mr. Valentine (Thats Jerry, the real Mr. Valentine, or course Eric is real too)

Mikey P

Administrator
John would you mind if I borrow Cu's unit to clean a 800 sqft wool rug up in San Francisco this coming Friday?

I'll shoot video and really give it a good floggin.

Mikey P

Administrator
Of if you pay off my mortgage, I'll keep my mouf shut about how it worked.

and not send the video to Studebaker or Cliff Monsoon:eekk: or what ever his name is.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Now before you call Cu and spray spittle all over him, just calm down and let me try the damn thing and I'll report back OFF THE BOARD.

and release my findings AFTER you fix whats wrong.

I wuv F'n with John.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh hey Joe, whats up? Been a while, you still mad at me? Cool, cool, How's Foster doing? Buggin the hell out of you for a button... Sheesh, yeah tell me about it,,

huh?

well...

Sure?

I dont know

That's..

Ok Ok,

Free hose and cuffs for life??

Sure OK, Call me on Friday and I'll have my slide rule and camera ready. Wax Mold, huh? come on?? CFM measurements?

really

I wont

I promise

Taiwan, that Chinese plastic cracks too easy..

I know...

10% of each unit sold?

15 and it's a deal and the hose deal

Cool.

tell Bob hi for me and I'll call you when I hook up the Trex.

No dont tell Brevick shit, he's a big mouth

Ok

later.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
damn it Fred, I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO AHEAD WITH THAT STUPID TALK/N/TYPE MOD!!!

Sorry Joe, I left the thread open by mistake.

call me back.

Name
John LaBarbera
Oh hey Joe, whats up? Been a while, you still mad at me? Cool, cool, How's Foster doing? Buggin the hell out of you for a button... Sheesh, yeah tell me about it,,

huh?

well...

Sure?

I dont know

That's..

Ok Ok,

Free hose and cuffs for life??

Sure OK, Call me on Friday and I'll have my slide rule and camera ready. Wax Mold, huh? come on?? CFM measurements?

really

I wont

I promise

10% of each unit sold?

15 and it's a deal and the hose deal

Cool.

tell Bob hi for me and I'll call you when I hook up the Trex.

No dont tell Brevick shit, he's a big mouth

Ok

later.

Well, Mikey,I guess I'm not the only one that went wine tasting, huh?

Name
Nate W.
You mean like brains and stuff, punk? lol

For you, why not. Just got back from wine tasting in Sonoma, im in a good mood. I'll get some pic this week for our lanky friend trapped in paradise.

:dejection: Lanky? lol.... I'll show you my lanky.... :twisted:

Paradise says Hello to you too... :rockon:

Name
Steve Lawrence
Looks to me like the van shoes are too big which will mean less vacuum velocity at the slots as well as difficulty in maintaining a seal. There's a reason RX-20 van shoes are attached to springy steel.

Name
John LaBarbera
Looks to me like the van shoes are too big which will mean less vacuum velocity at the slots as well as difficulty in maintaining a seal. There's a reason RX-20 van shoes are attached to springy steel.

What are "van shoes"? I never heard of that expression. Are you referring to the suction nozzles? The moisture recovery is very good with this head. Are you coming to Connections? You can see for your self there.

Mikey P

Administrator
Vac shoes are what he meant.

How many shoes does a RX20 use? I forgets,

THe HOSS has 5, the Rv360i is now up to 4...

Did you do some lift and cfm measurements to come up with the six head design?
I would imagine if you had a two inch wand with a head that equaled the length of your six heads you would see too much vacuum drop.

Then again the Zipper wand is probably close to the same total.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Looks like too much vac slot openings to get good suction velocity. Possibly difficult to maintain a seal without flexing vac shoes like RX-20, I dunno.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Here is what I see just by looking at the pictures........

It looks like you may have incorporated a few problems from the 360i and the RX.....

it looks like you have lifted the vacuum shoes and they are higher then what the 360i is....this should allow it to go on higher/thicker type carpet but I think it still has the potential of some streaking if the jets are not allowed to disperse the water the way they should because the spray pattern is being blocked...because of how high the RX sits it is almost impossible for this machine to streak because of blocked jets....BUT...they should of dropped the shroud on the RX to hold in the heat and stop some of the over spray that you get because of the height.....you should of dropped the shroud on yours also because of the same reasons......

It is probably going to lock down on some types of carpets like the 360i does....I was doing a commercial carpet with the 360i and was getting no more water coming thru the tube..I got the Hoss and went over the same area with just the vacuum hose hooked up and was amazed at how much more water I was able to get out of it.....This is because Studebaker nailed the airflow on the vacuum shoes of the Hoss....

IMO....I still don't think that variable speed DC motors have a place on rotaries....to much torque for these things to have long life....

now mind you I have not ran one of these so I may be way off base...but after running the RX and the 360i and knowing there little pit falls....I am seeing the same ones...............

Name
John LaBarbera
Here is what I see just by looking at the pictures........

It looks like you may have incorporated a few problems from the 360i and the RX.....

it looks like you have lifted the vacuum shoes and they are higher then what the 360i is....this should allow it to go on higher/thicker type carpet but I think it still has the potential of some streaking if the jets are not allowed to disperse the water the way they should because the spray pattern is being blocked...because of how high the RX sits it is almost impossible for this machine to streak because of blocked jets....BUT...they should of dropped the shroud on the RX to hold in the heat and stop some of the over spray that you get because of the height.....you should of dropped the shroud on yours also because of the same reasons......

It is probably going to lock down on some types of carpets like the 360i does....I was doing a commercial carpet with the 360i and was getting no more water coming thru the tube..I got the Hoss and went over the same area with just the vacuum hose hooked up and was amazed at how much more water I was able to get out of it.....This is because Studebaker nailed the airflow on the vacuum shoes of the Hoss....

IMO....I still don't think that variable speed DC motors have a place on rotaries....to much torque for these things to have long life....

now mind you I have not ran one of these so I may be way off base...but after running the RX and the 360i and knowing there little pit falls....I am seeing the same ones...............

Hi Jim,

I certainly respect your opinion and thank you for your observations. I feel that your opinions will change when you have an oportunity to actually run one. I think it would be inappropriate for me to comment on some of your observations so I will defer to Jerry Valentine, if he is inclined to comment.

However, there are two things I will mention. Our jetting is unlike anything else in the industry today. We have custom made jets that have a much lower profile and wider spray pattern.

Secondly, I had to pause when reading your comments related to the PM motor. PM motors are known for their higher torque and lower amp draw especially over an AC motor. PM motors also allow for speed control that you do not have with an AC motor. This permits the TREX to operate in a number of situation that make it difficult for a single speed AC motor to perform.(such as a lack of chattering on glue down, and the ability to slow down when cleaning wool) Granted, a PM motor cost more than an AC motor but we wanted to make the best Rotary Extractor we could. I look forward to your comments after you have a chance to try a TREX out.

Again, I want to state that I appreciate and respect your comments very much as I view you as one who is very knowledgeable, objective and fair minded.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Jim,

I certainly respect your opinion and thank you for your observations. I feel that your opinions will change when you have an oportunity to actually run one. I think it would be inappropriate for me to comment on some of your observations so I will defer to Jerry Valentine, if he is inclined to comment.

However, there are two things I will mention. Our jetting is unlike anything else in the industry today. We have custom made jets that have a much lower profile and wider spray pattern.

Secondly, I had to pause when reading your comments related to the PM motor. PM motors are known for their higher torque and lower amp draw especially over an AC motor. PM motors also allow for speed control that you do not have with an AC motor. This permits the TREX to operate in a number of situation that make it difficult for a single speed AC motor to perform.(such as a lack of chattering on glue down, and the ability to slow down when cleaning wool) Granted, a PM motor cost more than an AC motor but we wanted to make the best Rotary Extractor we could. I look forward to your comments after you have a chance to try a TREX out.

Again, I want to state that I appreciate and respect your comments very much as I view you as one who is very knowledgeable, objective and fair minded.

What?

has this board become ICS with all this phoney baloney?

just tell him to kiss your ass.

Name
John LaBarbera
Oh, I might add that because of the PM motor, we have the ability to go slower but maintain high torque, thus, it"s a great machine for floored carpets with little or no splashing. You can mark my words that the compitition is trying to figure out how to match a good PM motor to thier unit. Just watch if you don't believe me.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
People willingness to access, speculate, pass judgement etc on a product which they never ever touched let alone worked with, never ceases to amaze me :eekk:

Name
John LaBarbera
What?

has this board become ICS with all this phoney baloney?

just tell him to kiss your ass.

Yes, this certainly not ICS. But we can still talk nice to each other. Were all friends for the most part, and were just posting our opinions. I like differing opinions because it causes me to look at things from a different perspective. I try to build the best machines I can. Sometimes I suceed and sometimes I fail (Fred will vouch for the latter being true)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Oh, I might add that because of the PM motor, we have the ability to go slower but maintain high torque, thus, it"s a great machine for floored carpets with little or no splashing. You can mark my words that the compitition is trying to figure out how to match a good PM motor to thier unit. Just watch if you don't believe me.

in all the places I have worked and all the motors I have rebuilt.....I cant say I have ever seen one hold up unless it was attached to something that was free spinning.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom