New Mytee Rotary Extractor

Name
John LaBarbera
So what rotary did you use on your job today? And can you quit pouting. I'll let you use one when I have more inventory.

Nevermind, I just saw on the other thread you use the TI wand. No wonder you're so grouchy, your back must be killing an old man like you. Now I feel really bad not having aTrex for you to use.

Name
John LaBarbera
Wow, Mikey. Almost 2300 views in a week. Thanks for posting this in the first place. Your board is the greatest. I think it also shows that not everyone is satified with the proformance and quality of the rotaries that are out there. Thanks again.

Mikey P

Administrator
You're right, this board is the best by far.

More quality veteran posters than all the other boards combined, and then some

but just think of all the hits it would have gotten if you had let me video'd it on Friday.

Last edited:
Name
John LaBarbera
You're right, this board is the best by far.

More quality veteran posters than all the other boards combined, and then some

but just think off all the hits it would have gotten if you had let me video'd it on Friday.

You could have video'ed the Trex when you took the pics that you posted here. Remember I called you to come up to Proline in the first place. You got an exclusive for your board. In time I will get you a TRex to try out. Be patient. After all, with all the negativity of so called impartial ones, I'm surprised you stil would like to try it. It just goes to show you are your own man. I'll see you Wednesday my friend.

Mikey P

Administrator
John

Here are my concerns..

-Vac slots being too aggressive? maybe, maybe not
-The possibility of 360i like streaking
-Durability of the carbon tube over time
-The life span of the clear swivel seeing how close to furniture it will be
-Speed control knob location
-Jim Martin knows motors, so if he has concerns over the power plant I must take that into consideration

and I can give you just as many beefs with the other units so don't pout.

So John, be honest here, how many vac shoes, manifolds, handles, heads, and other parts have you had made at this point?
Who did the R and D for these parts?
At this point what can you afford to change and what is going to have to stay as is until the shelves are empty and you can afford to have those parts modified and re-manufactured?

Like mentioned by other users (and your suppliers in my ears) Mytee has a reputation for rushing designs to market. Not enough testing and real world feedback..

How will we know the TRex will be any different?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You could have video'ed the Trex when you took the pics that you posted here. Remember I called you to come up to Proline in the first place. You got an exclusive for your board. In time I will get you a TRex to try out. Be patient. After all, with all the negativity of so called impartial ones, I'm surprised you stil would like to try it. It just goes to show you are your own man. I'll see you Wednesday my friend.

were not "impartial "......were honest....we see what we see and share our thoughts on it....in hopes that some people will stop thinking that CC are dumber then a box of rocks and make changes that can help us........The top says "Mike's board " ....not " Mikes Bakery ".....were not here to sugar coat everything..........

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
John LaBarbera
John

Here are my concerns..

-Vac slots being too aggressive? maybe, maybe not
-The possibility of 360i like streaking
-Durability of the carbon tube over time
-The life span of the clear swivel seeing how close to furniture it will be
-Speed control knob location
-Jim Martin knows motors, so if he has concerns over the power plant I must take that into consideration

and I can give you just as many beefs with the other units so don't pout.

So John, be honest here, how many vac shoes, manifolds, handles, heads, and other parts have you had made at this point?
Who did the R and D for these parts?
At this point what can you afford to change and what is going to have to stay as is until the shelves are empty and you can afford to have those parts modified and re-manufactured?

Like mentioned by other users (and your suppliers in my ears) Mytee has a reputation for rushing designs to market. Not enough testing and real world feedback..

How will we know the TRex will be any different?

You bring up good questions. I have in the past been too quick to enter products in the market. I have paid for those mistakes. I hope I have learn that lesson. As you know, you wanted me to show the TRex at Mikeyfest for the last 2 years and I held off to make sure it was right. I'm taking the TRex very slowly. That is not to say we don't stil make mistakes, but I have always stood behind my products and endeavor to make it right. As to putting product too fast in the market, I believe other companies are guilty of the same thing. Which rotary is the same as originally released? (Handles, spray bars, vac heads, hose diameter, gear boxes, to name some) They get help from guys in the field without all their faults getting publisized on the board. They also have the funds to buy some of the best talent in the industry. I don't take that away from them. Granted I don't clean carpets for a living anymore and so I have always valued this board for constructive critizism. (I have never treated PCC's as a "Box of Rocks" as some imply. I didn't ask you to post or endorse my products. I asked Jerry Valentine to test it for me, as well as others, who's opinion's I respect. (that is not to say I don't respect your opinion, as I have had you beta test other products for me in the past) I showed it at Proline and will show it at Connections to get sincere imput as to the thoughts of the user for good or bad. I don't take that personal. I have always valued the opinions of those who use the equipment, maybe to a fault. If someone thinks the TREx has a flaw(s) ok what are they? I got your list, thanks for being specific. You stated the other machines have flaws, what are they? Have you been as specific with them on this board? Maybe you have and I just missed it.

Never the less, I'm very happy with the performance of the TRex. I believe it will prove to be very durable and a very good value. As time goes by, will we improve on it? Likely, just as we have continually improved on most things we have made.

Obviously, not all will agree, I can respect and accept that.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't know of any company that serves our industry (bar none) that listens better, more carefully (let alone apply) to cleaners than Mytee.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
You stated the other machines have flaws, what are they? Have you been as specific with them on this board? Maybe you have and I just missed it.

I did.

quickly?

360i-
Streaking on some situations needs to be addressed, the 4 port head helped a lot but the issue is still present.
In some cases it is un-fixable and could lead to the cleaner having to replace the carpet
Revisions over the years have fixed many issues

HOSS-
Clear sight elbow needs to made form more durable material
Sight tube in hose needs to be added in OEM from
Wheels make loads of noise(fixed)
Handles are far too wide( maybe fixed, not sure)
Pigtail is awesome but a cord should be included in price.
a Flow regulator should be included as well, discs are a pita to swap out for every situation where changing flow would be nice.

got to go, the elephants are calling.

thanks John!

you da' Man!!!!
Height adjustment knobs need to be inboard

Buck1955

Name
John
I came from the Rx industry before and R & D was everything. This business seems like manufactures make us their guinea pigs.

Name
John LaBarbera
I came from the Rx industry before and R & D was everything. This business seems like manufactures make us their guinea pigs.

You may be right but it's not intentional. Remember some Rx pills cost more then the TRex. The profit return on Rx is much better than anything in this industry. Also, I have heard of drugs being recalled because people died. So maybe with all their R&D there are still guinea pigs. When I was a kid there was the Thalidomid scandel. A lot of deformed children, some still suffering from when they were babies. So don't be too hard on us manufacturers. Thanks.

Name
John LaBarbera
Wow I could sworn there was couple more post on here and then they were gone. What happen???? I must be getting old. I guess some of you are already in Vegas. Connections starts tomorrow. Fun.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Wow I could sworn there was couple more post on here and then they were gone. What happen???? I must be getting old. I guess some of you are already in Vegas. Connections starts tomorrow. Fun.

There were posts, some got deleted and some got moved to the HOOs issues and fixes thread.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes, this certainly not ICS. But we can still talk nice to each other. Were all friends for the most part, and were just posting our opinions. I like differing opinions because it causes me to look at things from a different perspective. I try to build the best machines I can. Sometimes I suceed and sometimes I fail (Fred will vouch for the latter being true)
....and there are some who will tweek and LOVE your "failure".:lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
your request to move Hank's comments were removed Zee, that was all.

Seeing how I fulfilled your request, your comments would have been confusing if left in this thread, don't you agree?

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
you request to move Hank's comments were removed Zee, that was all.

Seeing how I fulfilled your request, your comments would have been confusing if left in this thread, don't you agree?

Yeah i know My comment was gone I just didn't wana go into detail trying to explain to John what was going on. I guess I could have made it more clear that no important comments were removed. I have a feeling that is what you got out of my comment..right?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
There were posts, some got deleted and some got moved to the HOOs issues and fixes thread.

Thats what I meant: there were post (hanks and mine)
some got deleted (mine) some got moved (hank) ....I know it wasn't perfectly clear..sorry John- Nothing was removed regarding this thread.

Name
John LaBarbera
you request to move Hank's comments were removed Zee, that was all.

Haha What do you mean my request? That's too funny. I'm sure it was someone's request but you know full well it was not mine.

Name
John LaBarbera
Day number 2 is over here at Connections. My feet are killing me but it was a great day. The PCCs have received the Trex and our Escape ETM very well. We have our ETM outside with the other big boy toys and running off our truck generator we are producing hot water peaking at 210 degrees. Will post some pics when we get back. Mikey shot a video of our Trex running off the ETM. Maybe he'll post it when he can get a chance.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I had a chance to look at the Mytee Extractor. I did like it overall, but I would rather see a flow control verses a speed control. I also thought there was alot of plastic up by the handles. I would like to see that made metal. The safety on off switch would be better with a button instead. Bigger wheels for steps, and make the cord wrap about half of what it is so it does not caught stuff. Also the head is heavy which is nice, but need a way to store it while in transit, so they should come of a way to store it on it some how. On the rx-20 you can hang it from the handle which is nice.

As for the electric truck mount it is nice to see one outside to try this year. It is fairly impressive, but disappointed to find out the heat is coming from a heat exchanger from the truck that is a proto type that is not current available. No one told me that i had to find that out for myself, so if you demo it now you now.

Just my thoughts

Name
John LaBarbera
I had a chance to look at the Mytee Extractor. I did like it overall, but I would rather see a flow control verses a speed control. I also thought there was alot of plastic up by the handles. I would like to see that made metal. The safety on off switch would be better with a button instead. Bigger wheels for steps, and make the cord wrap about half of what it is so it does not caught stuff. Also the head is heavy which is nice, but need a way to store it while in transit, so they should come of a way to store it on it some how. On the rx-20 you can hang it from the handle which is nice.

As for the electric truck mount it is nice to see one outside to try this year. It is fairly impressive, but disappointed to find out the heat is coming from a heat exchanger from the truck that is a proto type that is not current available. No one told me that i had to find that out for myself, so if you demo it now you now.

Just my thoughts

Interesting comments, Brad, thank you. Most were impressed with the Escape ETM. Yes the heat exchanges are not include in the $4500.00 price tag but the heat it produced kick butt.

One brought an RX 20 out and ran it along side the Trex. He preferred the Trex. I did not talk to anyone who was negative about the Trex except Cliff from Rotovac and Doug Paine who preferred a wand.

Just goes to show everyone has their preferences and that is why there choices. Maybe others who were at the show will comment also. Thanks again Brad.

Name
John LaBarbera
I would like to offer another comment as to the "plastic" on the unit. The plastic is glass filled nylon and carbon fiber both much lighter and as strong or stronger than steel. The Trex is very balanced and easy to operate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom