New Mytee Rotary Extractor

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
nice review Paul. do you still enjoy your Cimex?

your advice in '04 got me to invest in my bread and butter. after 9 years, thanks for that! :biggrin:

Mikey P

Administrator
Great report Paul. I certainly trust you and your opinion.

and when Mytee has sold a 1000 or so of these, I'll then trust that it's safe to buy one.

FredC

Village Idiot
And will always be several steps behind the rest of the pack.

says the guy whose primary method could be purchased out of the back of a 1930s Popular Science mag.............

lol.......

Edit: It was a joke Mardie....don't get bent out of shape...I know you have the 50s model

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Live and learn Larry..

With so many garbage manufactures in this industry I've become very cautious with my hard earned dollars.

That being said my Vortex is still on the road every day.

I notice you perform retrofits on just about every Mytee product you sell...
What do you have planned for the Trex?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I thought u exaggerated a bit Fred- 50's sounds more correct :eek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

VS since 1935. Pioneers in the onsite cc industry. Held first patents on synthetic detergent and have more years in this industry than any and all cc manufacturers. VS has held the test of time for a reason.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mardie what you are missing is that your technology hasn't changed since then.

If the doctor or dentist you go to see applied the same science of the medical field from the 30's to you they would have him arrested. (Not a bad idea for Mardie :razz:) We wouldn't have computers we would be using old school typewritters, driving model A's.

Dude WELCOME to the twenty first century! This is your wake up call, join the rest of us with modern equipment! :p

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie what you are missing is that your technology hasn't changed since then.

If the doctor or dentist you go to see applied the same science of the medical field from the 30's to you they would have him arrested. (Not a bad idea for Mardie :razz:) We wouldn't have computers we would be using old school typewritters, driving model A's.

Dude WELCOME to the twenty first century! This is your wake up call, join the rest of us with modern equipment! :p

I knew I could get you out of bed for this:biggrin: You should not comment on things you obvisouly no nothing about.

Mikey P

Administrator
I need to vent.

I just got off the phone with Lee Pemberton. Lee is an incredible man who has a passion for this industry like almost no other. (he'll be contributing some new articles to our Main Page here soon) Like Lee, I too have a the passion and a reputation as well.

A reputation that I've always told it like it is, despite the influence of advertising dollars.

In the case of Mytee I've taken a step back and tainted my reputation to a degree. I should have been more vocal about the quality control issues that they suffer from. John has been pretty good about making things right for board members over the years so I've kept my mouth shut out of respect for what he did in regards of the Glide lawsuit and how he has generously helped out cleaners in need here.

But I just can't take it anymore.

Mytee's lack of research and development has frustrated me to no end.

Examples of my personal Mytee experiences.
The Bentley wand jet manifold. No amount of tweaking will fix that wand's spray issue. THE HEAD HAS TO BE REDESIGNED. John wont do it until he has used up all the existing heads. Bad or no RnD lead to this misfortune. On his last attempt to use a single bar manifold it was so bad that in two feet of use I told him to scrap the idea when he asked for my opinion. Which he ignored. They will either be returned or wont sell. Why Larry Cobb has one on his showroom floor is beyond me because even he admitted it sucked. I gave mine to Stockwell.

The rolling electric sprayers. I went through four of them before giving up. The forth one was not shipped out until Mytee could perform rigorous testing to make sure everything was AOK. It finally arrived and on the first job the pressure hose that had no hose clamp shot off the barred fitting and soaked down a lawyers office I was cleaning. Rust, crappy switches and weak pumps were the death of this model.

Inline lint filters. The three I had caved in with use. The heat and suck of the Judson was said to be the cause. yeah. right. Did the issue ever get fixed? I don't know I got tired of waiting and went to another brand.

Cuff Lynxs. No RnD was ever done, if so they would have known the two rubber O rings would have fallen off before the cuffs ever made it into the very first house. The new versions lose the molded in O ring within a few months and crack on the seems. They were in such a rush to deal with Bristor dumping them they never took to time to let real cleaners test them. I'm sure some light use cuffs are still in use.

Reports from the two ETM owners I know of serious plumbing problems. The voice their frustration to me but wont say shit on the boards because they got a good deal.

Their glides were so misshapen and poor fitting I have to assume they never had the wand they were designed for in hand but rather tried to mimic Lisa's glides. Incredibly bad. but hey, they were half the price of Greenglides so who cares, right?

Those are just my experiences, talking to others about portables and other tools all leads to the core problem at the Mytee Company. No real research, no time allowed for development and nobody who has a clue that works on the production line inspecting for quality control.

John and I talked many times about the event in Vegas. I talked to all the companies and stressed that they bring their best game. Pimp out the units, make them high flow and be ready to dance. They had months to prepare the units and make sure all was right. And in typical Mytee fashion they show up with not one, but two god damn machines that wont spin on thick pile, that over spray like a Saint Bernard with rabies and developed serious cracks after a few hours of use. FACT.

My faith in Mytee's ability to finally bring a well built machine to the industry (don't forget the RX20 knock off failure) was shattered. even though John promised the he learned his lesson about rush new ideas to market and the Trex would be different.
How is it even possible that they never went over those two units to make sure all was right?
How is it possible that clown Deron never figured out the torque issue? This Board brought the problem to light fixed the torque issue with no thank you from Mtyee what so ever.

So excuse ME Larry Cobb if I am putting a damper on your future sales of the Trex to this crowd.

Tell me I'm wrong to be so hesitant based on my personal experience.

Go ahead.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

Some I'm guessing we won't be invited to the Mytee function at Vegas Connections this year?

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Hi Derek,

I still have three of those beasts. I only ocasionally use them. I traded up to the r48df diamond finisher. same basic design, 800 rpm heads rather than 400 rpm, but slightly heavier. I use them for marble polishing, mostly. I have some pics I'll uplaod of restoring some 17 year old travertine for Jerry Garcia's estate last summer. Glad to see you're still at it and enjoying it. Life is good and I'm thankful.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Hi Derek,

I still have three of those beasts. I only ocasionally use them. I traded up to the r48df diamond finisher.
glad to hear all is good Paul. yes you and Tom Rowe influenced my decision greatly and it was ultimately a career changer.

do you use the heavier scarifier on any CGD?? i have thought of investing/doing that, but i know it isn't officially recommended by Rick or Cimex. very interesting possibility though!

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Mikey,

John lend me this machine to use up to 60 days. I can buy it or send it back. I plan on using it every day I work. I'm going to note everything I see, and if it dies, not from misuse, but daily use, I'll forward the info. I don't have any ego in doing this. I want it to last....

It cleans better than any machine I've tried with the equipment I'm now running.
It is, simply amazing, in that regard.

Your frustration with QC is valid , though. Cleaners depend on equipment that doesn't quit in the middle of a job.

Business are only as strong as their weakest link, in some cases its equipment, some knowledge, some staff.

In my business, its me.... almost impossible job to fix though! LOL!

Reactions: Mikey P

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Derek, with regards to scarifiier heads on gluedown. Don't try it.....don't ask me how I know! LOL!

If you have really bad concrete lanes, try a aqua or red scrub and recoat pad. I cut them out of larger 19" pads. Black stripping pads if you're looking at shiny slick hard crust gluedown soils.

Mikey P

Administrator
These are jets that come off a new Trex.

IMG953023_zpsdc9e7f8d.jpg

Due to no proper testing and going with cheap Chinese junk, cleaners that buy the current units will be pissing off homeowners with wet base boards, suffer down time while waiting for replacements and waste their distributors time and money.

And John wonders why some of the big boys wont sell his stuff.

yes, I'm pissed and or disappointed, not sure which...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom