New Mytee Rotary Extractor

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
WTF????

there is another Doug Paine out there??? (mind you mine is PAYNE).......damnnnn i thought one of us was enough

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
This is up on our website now, for those who want more information. Just click the link below...

http://www.mytee.com/products/t-rex

mytee_trex_banner.jpg

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
Ok, after 10 minutes of fiddling with this, I cant figure out why it's cutting the picture in half. I attached a thumbnail for those who would like to see the whole thing.

Name
John LaBarbera
SO when does the demo ship out start up????

Our beta testing will be done in about 6 weeks and we will be shipping to distributors a week or so after that.

We ran it ourself at a local restaurant Thursday. We'll post a video we made in a couple of days.

Last edited:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Our beta testing will be done in about 6 weeks and we will be shipping to distributors a week or so after that.

We ran it ourself at a local restaurant Thursday. We'll post a video we made in a couple of days.

Thanks, John.

It looks like a winner to me, in several ways.

...And Marty, it's not plastic, it's composite. We have come a long way since Dustin Hoffman and Mrs. Robinson's conversation.

Please keep us posted John.

Last edited:
Name
John LaBarbera
Thanks, John.

It looks like a winner to me, in several ways.

...And Marty, it's not plastic, it's composite. We have come a long way since Dustin Hoffman and Mrs. Robinson's conversation.

Please keep us posted John.

Thanks, Bob. We will post the pics today or tomorrow.

nrpepper

Name
Nathan Pepper
Here is the video we shot of the T-REX in use at a restaurant.

[video=youtube;i7VZhMyoHNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7VZhMyoHNo&list=UUo6Nty8PbKxjWtprE_jtHcA& index=0&feature=plcp[/video]

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It looks a little hard to handle. How fast is it spinning? I also had a couple of other concerns. I noticed your ad says high flow. That could be a problem for guys that don't have an apo or unlimited water to get through a job. And also concerned with the head being all metal. What happens when you clip some hardwood or a tile floor? Looks like it's going to do some damage. Just trying to help.

Name
John LaBarbera
It looks a little hard to handle. How fast is it spinning? I also had a couple of other concerns. I noticed your ad says high flow. That could be a problem for guys that don't have an apo or unlimited water to get through a job. And also concerned with the head being all metal. What happens when you clip some hardwood or a tile floor? Looks like it's going to do some damage. Just trying to help.

No. It's very easy to handle. You'll just have to try it. Doesn't use anymore water than a 6 flow wand. Just faster. The head is well made. I think most will be able to handle it. It travels at 60 rpm to 160 rpm.

Jerry Valentine has been Beta testing. Maybe he can address your concerns. Thanks for looking.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
doesnt look hard to handle.....

looks ike someone doesnt KNOW HOW to handle it:errf::errf::lol:

ohhhh man would i have liked to beta it....I got some goooood jobs to use it on....

20120918_095431_zpsd281b3f5.jpg

20120918_105233_zps6161bdc8.jpg

20120918_095452_zps531535ef.jpg

20120918_105257_zps1af66fcc.jpg

Name
John LaBarbera
doesnt look hard to handle.....

looks ike someone doesnt KNOW HOW to handle it:errf::errf::lol:

ohhhh man would i have liked to beta it....I got some goooood jobs to use it on....

20120918_095431_zpsd281b3f5.jpg

20120918_105233_zps6161bdc8.jpg

20120918_095452_zps531535ef.jpg

20120918_105257_zps1af66fcc.jpg

now you hurt my feelings. Lol. I'm still trying learn how to bounce the ball off my head like you. How did you learn how to do that?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu

You can do damage running any roto unit onto hardwood or tile. But the T-rex is very easy and user friendly (my 18 year old step son was running it fine are 5 mins)
On 3 jets @400psi i dont see much diff in the amount of water im using.
Right now im running it with 5 jets at 400psi so im using more water
overall i think its the best unit you can get (in the next month or so)

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
[video=youtube;n_snVWLDXOE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_snVWLDXOE[/video][video=youtube;mXRgisyEPCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXRgisyEPCw[/video][video=youtube;2XIXnHBparY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XIXnHBparY[/video]

A couple videos of the TREX cleaning commercial gluedown today vs my rx 20. The RX bonnet driver fits on it so I bonnetted the whole room. a louder whine...dry tuway pad on damp carpet. Note: no bogging, no overspray. I split the room into equal sections, cleaned half with my trusty RX, half with the TREX. I used procyon 16oz/1 gal/1:8 ratio. PSI set at 375. Little Giant cranked up. I expected a lot less than the performance this machine showed me. Its simply amazing!http://mikeysboard.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

It arrived yesterday around 4 pm. I quickly set up my Sprinter and cleaned the living room before I left for a meeting. I had cleaned it three weeks ago with the RX when I was playing with the Air Hog Plus and Savage ETM running into a Devastator filter, didn't look dirty. I just wanted to feel the balance on the TREX before having to leave. It cleaned in a way the RX never has. All my concerns about overspray and bogging prompted by the Las Vegas videos were dispelled. This machine was awesome. When i turned it over to look at the head, it was covered with sand that the RX could never reach. WOW! that's an unsolicitated Wow, by the way. LOL!
I'm slightly ignorant and cant seem to post pictures although the videos transferred fine...one more try....View attachment 1563View attachment 1564View attachment 1565View attachment 1566View attachment 1567

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks for the report Paul

Would you say it's the rippled edge of the vac shoes that is responsible for the extra deep soil removal?

I would think that and the added airflow would be the reason.

Mikey P

Administrator
Just watched the first video

Looks like it still has an over spray issue.

Paul, please check the grooves on the jets for consistency.

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Mikey,

No overspray yesterday...what you're seeing is live steam from my tweaked little giant #3. I got a call from the church secretary today asking me if I could do the rest of the ministry center for pay...saying "Paul, the carpets have never looked this good!". So when I clean their main building next week, I'll do a couple thousand feet more and get paid for it.

I cleaned some heavy weight nylon today, 24 year old dog infested cruddy carpets for a doctor. The seams are weak. The speed control really helped crossing and cleaning along them...I slowed the machine to a crawl and crept along... No tears and no tears.

The extra vac slot and the fact they are about 11/2" longer than the Rx make recovery a whole different animal. The closest thing I've used that dug up dirt was the dual head Rotovac power wand that Gary Berg used to rave about: " the dirt-diggin' est thing ever invented"...or words to that effect. Gary would love one of these...I can see his posts now...probably all caps for EMPHASIS. lol!

Amazingly good machine...I'm going to buy one.... this machine is so good you don't want your competition to have one.... So how about a little more negative criticism?::winky: (said with a big smile)

Last edited:

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
I was concerned that the rippled edge would catch and pull fiber....that's what it looked like when John was demoing it on some cheap new polyester, but it has not been an issue at all. It pulls up sand that you simply can't believe was there. The heads on my RX are HF that have been slotted all the way across...a narrow slot for higher lip velocity. The weight of the Rx squeegees water pretty well, but it got owned on my carpets at home and yesterday on glue down by the TRex. The height of the vac slots and weight of the head grins the carpet like no other machine I've seen...the leading edge captures the sand released. It's got a wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa sound all it's own. I can't imagine this and a Vortex. Yeow!

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
The speed control was really useful along thresholds and weak seams today. I got used to it quickly and like it. Yesterday when I was post bonneting using the RX bonnet driver on it, I turned it way down and thought what a great tool for oriental rug washing....light weight and wonderful speed control that would not distort an older or delicate carpet.

Last edited:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Look's kinda like the pedestal sump pump in my basement. I'm not sure about the non-floating shoes. Could be tough on a CGD. I know the Roto-Vac was hell on CGD on rough and bumpy concrete base.

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
Barber pole stripes would be nice, too. ....if there was just some way we could get them to turn....
There's some glue down I've cleaned that the Rx hopped around on...that's when ya' pull out your encap machine with a big smile and kick up the sq ft/hr by a factor of 4.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom