New Prochem Titanium 4 jet wand

FredC

Village Idiot
I am also aware that anyone using this wand uses a glide on it. .

Really? That would surprise me. Most cleaners I know off the boards don't have any idea wtf a glide is and those that do still don't use them.

Whose glide design should they make "friendly" for?

Reactions: SamIam

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I think it is great, you got a 4-jet version with those hi-flow #9503 jets.

I do think ALL wand manufacturers need to make improvements.

Especially, the overpriced ones . . .

I am just as passionate about wand design . . .

as Mikey is.

Larry

Last edited:

RugWorx

Name
Joe Couch
As someone that has been in this business for over 20 years, having 3 techs that clean over 3000 carpets a year, and being a Distributor myself we have had the opportunity to try almost every wand out there. I have a pile of about 10 different wands that we no longer use because they just couldn't hold up to the daily abuse or we didn't like the way they cleaned. Sorry Larry but the Bentley swivel head wand we got from you lasted about 6 months before it was worn out at the swivel (and yes we do regular maintenance). Great idea but just not built for high volume. We had tried the PMF Mach wands, evolutions wands, cheap AW29 wands, Bentley, Greenies wand and many more. You name it and we have most likely tried it.

For a owner operator that does not do a lot of volume most of these wands will do just fine. Each one has their own quirk and I have not found a wand yet that is 100% perfect. With that being said the best wand for us has been the Prochem Ti wand. The prochem valve last forever, it's lightweight, cleans great, and will last forever. We do not use glides as in apartments it's not worth having to stop and clean all the crap out of them but the guys love the weight of the wand and how it cleans so for us it is a winner!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There is a lot of crap wands sold out there some of it expensive but still crap. We've tried several and many sit collecting dust in our store room. In my opinion PC still has the best design and the best value for the money.

I'd listen a little harder to the guys in the field than a distributor. Sure a distributor knows what he is talking about but his opinion may also be influenced many forces, inventory, best margin and even politics.

The cleaner spent hard earned money for the tool, he will shoot you straight on repair, longevity, design. Then you need to use it yourself if it sounds like you like it and decide from there.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
with no glide it would have worked, the GGlide raises the head 1/2 an inch so next I'll try this..

20131108_091400_zpsa08444ba.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm ready to put the 95's on the ends if so.....waiting on the guys to finish their first job before we all head over to the Holiday in to HWE and CRB some hall ways.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
FU and what has this got to do with a TM vs anything else ? I am well aware of the status that this wand has. I am also aware that anyone using this wand uses a glide on it. So as far as I am concerned for that wand not to come with a glide and for it to be glide install not friendly is ridiculous. Kinda like buying a car that does not come with tires and no studs to mount them LOL. Sure wish I could sell a piece of pipe with a few spray nozzels on it for a thousand $ plus LOL I would bet Pro Chem could make you eat sh-t and like it.
Please please please please go buy the titanium tube then buy the mold and pour a TI wand head, design and manufactuer your own valve and build your own wand. The Prochem TI was the king LONG before glides came around. Glides are in their infancy. I would say 95% or more TI wand users DO NOT USE GLIDES. As for modifying the TI wand to take a glide I have NEVER cut into a TI wand nor do I recommend it. Only a pussy cant install a glide without cutting into it. The only wand I have to heat up a glide to put it on is a Prochem Quad Jet. The trick is pressure not force. The Prochem wands are the ONLY wands on the market that hold their value and will still be being used in 30 years( well the Steam Way wand will still be around too just not used all that much). Everything else will be a throw away after 5 years.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but they are not entitled to making up their own truths.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I for one am stoked that there is a 4 jet Prochem titanium wand available now. I however would not want to cut anything at all on it or do any modifications with the price point.

I will purchase one once any kinks have been worked out like overspray and glides

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I for one am stoked that there is a 4 jet Prochem titanium wand available now. I however would not want to cut anything at all on it or do any modifications with the price point.

I will purchase one once any kinks have been worked out like overspray and glides

I agree...once the bugs are worked out I will buy one...I don't even carry my 6 jet Ti wand on the truck anymore...I prefer my 4 jet westpac wand....

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
First thing I would like my invitation to the Mikey and Larry wedding and second my glide went on easy on my Ti Prochem just by letting it sit in hot water for a few minutes. So what I sealed the ends with goop because I'm not cutting my wand up. She sucks up pig slop just fine!:stir:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I would say 95% or more TI wand users DO NOT USE GLIDES.
Really? Are they nuts? Day I got mine I thought I'd never use it again, couldn't move the thing.

glide
link1.gif
went on easy on my Ti prochem
link1.gif
just by letting it sit in hot water for a few minutes.
Ralph,
Mine also, no way I'm cutting it! Mine has 4 jets, 6 is to crazy for me!

Reactions: Larry Cobb

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Don't be a cueball , Olson
cutting the cut allows quick easy glide change to fit the job.
No need to be a "one glide wonder" when you can easily change from hole to slot in seconds

not to mention the times we use a wand to suck 'n rinse slop off concrete floors to prep for paint or urine sealing .
a used/warn trashed glide gets slipped on

It just makes sense to be versatile

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I got a Hydra Hoe, 2 TI wands, 1 Greenhorn and 1 Green Horn imitation by Joe with adjustable angle manifold:

1. The most durable- Hydra Hoe- indistructible. Cleans very well. Can't get under low furniture.
  2. The ones that comes out of the van the most- Prochem Ti, light, easy to use, gets under the lowest furniture cleans great. Mine is the 14" 6 jets and I think it is fine the way it is. I did do what Cobb suggested (thank you Larry)- removed the check valves and changed the jets and it cleans great. Trigger area carcked, had to put a new valve holder.
  3. Green Horn. A tank. Cleans very well, good valve, can't get under as low furniture. Does not come out of the van frequently.
  4. Joe's imitation adjustable angle jets- It's O.K. The adjustible idea sound good in theory, in reality it is very flimsy (already bent a few times) and the tightening screws are a joke, I had to set it on permanent lock and it still bends every once in a while-FLIMSY!

One complaint about the Ti and I think Larry Cobb is spot on:
I do think ALL wand manufacturers need to make improvements. Especially, the overpriced ones . . .

For the price Prochem could include check valves, a beefed up structure to hold the trigger handle so it doesn't crack. And for those who want it: A pre-cut slot to slide the green glide. Give us a break Olson or as Larry says so well:

Don't be a cueball , Olson

Come on Prochem, there's nothing wrong in being more of a class act.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Let me stress that the wand in my hands is not a production version product. IT is in full beta mode. If Prochem sees a big enough desire HERE they may decide to offer the four jet, soft touch wand with a glide but in standard length.

I pretty much nailed the jetting pattern with 11003 on the insides and 9503s on the out with 1 inch check valve/extenders, along with some manifold adjustments.

So far we like the shape of the finger trigger too.

Funny how this wands "sounds' like my old four jetter. My 6 is much louder...:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk3Zo7rg17Q

Mikey P

Administrator
a PMF employee saw my hack job on the head and wants me to send it back to them for "pertying up"....

Not sure what he wants to do other than install some drapes or mini blinds over the chasm.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Plasma torch in skilled hands it will look great. My son Justin could do it. I'm sure PMF has a computer guided unit that would be even better.

Reactions: JS41035

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
That's going to be a new standard. I always liked the quad jet but not the weight. Good job using your "bulliness"

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the overspray that Martian is talking about can only be seen on light color low loop pile and cheap berber ...shows best on light grey CGD

you'll never see it on the dark color stuff in the vid

..L.T.A.

tngvegas

yes, send it back. you put a big boo-boo on that work of art. Those Pmf guys won't be able to sleep until they fix it.

tngvegas

i know that i don't know as much as you guys, so can someone please explain how the 4 jet version cleans better than the 6 jet version?

keeping the flow the same but i guess the jet angle would be different. And to cover the wand width the four jets would have to be farther way form the carpet than the six jet, is that right?

Mikey, great vids.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom