New Tom Conway Devastator swivel head wand

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Does it require the same heating procedure to put the glide on?
Or can you change a glide on the fly?
Will there also be glides with larger openings than the ones in Tom's picture?

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Tom,
  1. Does that mean that you will not need to heat them up to go in? Just pop it in or out?
  2. Will there also be a glide with larger openings?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL we put equipment in them. :winky:

20160511_072328.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Tom,
  1. Does that mean that you will not need to heat them up to go in? Just pop it in or out?
  2. Will there also be a glide with larger openings?
1 You will not need to heat them up to put them on, you can put them on by hand, I went to my machinist and we got them just with enough snap that you can get them on, and they don't slide back in forth, you will need a screwdriver or something to pop them of but fairly easy. The are machined perfectly to the head, they came out really really good.
2 We have a prototype glide that I will have at the show, it has BIG slots it will suck up popcorn kernels, air soft BB's. Due to how much suck the wand has we came up with a way to BYPASS air into the carpet fibers, this allows the wand to move, it also keeps the Vac relief at blower from poping off back at the waste tank less and takes that energy and puts it at the wand slot allowing the extra airflow to keeps your vac hoses flowing, This is one of the things we filed for patent for on the wand.
I also am working on kinda the same thing, on our regular Teflon glides to help with bigger TM's and blowers, it is just not adjustable like our prototype glide.
A full slot glide on this wand with a TM like Mark's Butler or bigger would scare me, I don't know if guys could use it all day, it has a LOT of suck.
Mikeys' face was priceless when he hooked it up, I think it really shocked him when he heard the amount of air it was pulling.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Saiger your jets are out of adjustment by the pics. The blue side is hitting closer to the glide. Tom keep those holes in the glide under controll. The bigger the opening, the more pain it is on berber.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Saiger your jets are out of adjustment by the pics. The blue side is hitting closer to the glide. Tom keep those holes in the glide under controll. The bigger the opening, the more pain it is on berber.
PFFFS! The bigger the opening the more pain on berber? I asked Tom to make sure my glide is as close to the same opening as my Mach glide. The bigger the better

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom