Oh Dang it, there goes the competition for Devastating Tom

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So I bumbed into a competitor awhile back who had the dang wand, he like his.

I showed him my Devastator, which he called the Conway wand.

He had the Judson TNT.

So I get a call today from him saying Tony Dang is delivering him some tools tomorrow and could I meet up with them and let him see my devastator wand.

I politely declined.

IMG_2436.JPG

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So I bumbed into a competitor awhile back who had the dang wand, he like his.

I showed him my Devastator, which he called the Conway wand.

He had the Judson TNT.

So I get a call today from him saying Tony Dang is delivering him some tools tomorrow and could I meet up with them and let him see my devastator wand.

I politely declined.

View attachment 70789
Tony's a scumbag weasel. You did the right thing. I had a similar experience when someone asked me to send them some Saiger sauce. I was so bothered by it I couldn't sleep that night. My conscious was really hammering me over it. I didn't send the sauce but I felt dirty for even being asked.

Mikey P

Administrator
Tony's a scumbag weasel. You did the right thing. I had a similar experience when someone asked me to send them some Saiger sauce. I was so bothered by it I couldn't sleep that night. My conscious was really hammering me over it. I didn't send the sauce but I felt dirty for even being asked.

Thanks for the nice epitaph on the fbrr Damon

I won't be back.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
"The guy who put Satan in business..."

Lol..

I suppose thats about right.

He can you sleep at night?

I did think about editing that out but you've said it yourself so what the hell.

In other words my friendships here go way back, I'm like one of the last people you should ask.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Thanks Sam,
He will get one from somewhere, he is selling a ton of his wands he should be happy.
So what was the deal why can't he just go about his biz and be happy?
I'm one little guy, in this big old world and I am just super happy people buy our stuff and like it, why can't these guys just do the same flipping thing, I try and not lash out at them, just try and go about my biz. I focus on what I'm doing and try to make it as best I can for the guy that is going to USE IT.
I don't care what these other guys are doing, I don't go and buy or look at what others are making. This wand was thought of so many years ago, I asked Tim over three years ago about doing a wand, but the price was MORE than what I'm charging now so I just never did it.
As time has gone on and I learn more about how things are done, the more I can do.
I now have a Tig. Welder, a lathe, and mill, I make a lot of the parts for the wand....Why is that wrong, why is that such a bad thing.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I worked so hard on the original Devastators 8 years ago in my shop, I met Tim he had shop next door to me, he kept asking me if I wanted him to help, one day he came over and asked what product I was using for my molds, I gave him about a gallon of it to try, after about a week or so he came back and said thanks the product worked really good and if I wanted to see what they were using it for.

So went over and got to look at all the equipment they used just really awesome stuff, and the product I gave him was for a part that went into a product that looked very close to my Dev housing.

Over the years Tim showed me how to work with lathes and milling machines he is a good guy to know, I still am very close with Tim, but biz can be stressful and not to long ago Tim had some very stressful things happen, and I happened to be in the middle of things with the wand, and he in the middle of a very sucky mess and it got a little heated, no big deal, but I knew I had to man up and get this wand done for Mikeys fest.

So I went home THAT day and bought a mill, a lathe and a Tig welder...thank god I have credit noadays, set in my shop for two weeks late into the night practicing welding manifold brackets, but I would not have been able to do that, if it were not for Tim, he showed me and taught me a ton of stuff.
I wish these guys that have bad feelings about me would just realize I love this kinda stuff, and if I didn't have passion for it, I wouldn't be doing it. I really do enjoy working with stuff.

I'm just one guy and I'm not doing it to piss them off.

PMF started in a garage with a dream or passion and I don't think I would ever become any bigger than I am....but 9 years ago I didn't ever imagine I would be making the things I am now.

I don't think it is to much to ask....Hey can you not use my Devastator name, I could care less about what you sell.
We tried to work together it didn't work out....so what like I said I am one little guy in a big flipping world.

I would love to own a flipping 5 axis cnc machine...this is what I think about.....not what the other guy is doing, but it is hard to do that when you have to keep dealing with all this other BS.

Calls not every day but at least 2 or 3 times a week, Hey can you fix my Tony Dang wand, or hey I got cut off, I don't like these phone calls because it is not my problem, and I really don't have issues with them. The problem is that it is THEM causing the problem, if they would make things that didn't fall apart they wouldn't call, if they didn't cut guys off they wouldn't call.

Water under bridge in the past can't do anything about it.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
There's a lot or really rotten POS humans in this industry.

My block list on FB is growing by leaps and bounds.

Soon it will be just Marty and I.
I just don't understand, in my life I raced BMX, Dirtbikes, go karts and yeah I never went out there to be second NEVER but dam there was a lot more of them and less than there was 1st place, but for the most part I was fine with it, shoot most of the time we were friends and for the most part a high five or hand shake, or congrats on the win was always given never this hateful BS. My mom went with me for BMX and she would always say well you have some work to do, if your gonna beat him next time, if I would have acted like what I see now...I would have never got to go again my Mom would have said NOPE you don't deserve to go

EDS

Name
Ed
I worked so hard on the original Devastators 8 years ago in my shop, I met Tim he had shop next door to me, he kept asking me if I wanted him to help, one day he came over and asked what product I was using for my molds, I gave him about a gallon of it to try, after about a week or so he came back and said thanks the product worked really good and if I wanted to see what they were using it for.

So went over and got to look at all the equipment they used just really awesome stuff, and the product I gave him was for a part that went into a product that looked very close to my Dev housing.

Over the years Tim showed me how to work with lathes and milling machines he is a good guy to know, I still am very close with Tim, but biz can be stressful and not to long ago Tim had some very stressful things happen, and I happened to be in the middle of things with the wand, and he in the middle of a very sucky mess and it got a little heated, no big deal, but I knew I had to man up and get this wand done for Mikeys fest.

So I went home THAT day and bought a mill, a lathe and a Tig welder...thank god I have credit noadays, set in my shop for two weeks late into the night practicing welding manifold brackets, but I would not have been able to do that, if it were not for Tim, he showed me and taught me a ton of stuff.
I wish these guys that have bad feelings about me would just realize I love this kinda stuff, and if I didn't have passion for it, I wouldn't be doing it. I really do enjoy working with stuff.

I'm just one guy and I'm not doing it to piss them off.

PMF started in a garage with a dream or passion and I don't think I would ever become any bigger than I am....but 9 years ago I didn't ever imagine I would be making the things I am now.

I don't think it is to much to ask....Hey can you not use my Devastator name, I could care less about what you sell.
We tried to work together it didn't work out....so what like I said I am one little guy in a big flipping world.

I would love to own a flipping 5 axis cnc machine...this is what I think about.....not what the other guy is doing, but it is hard to do that when you have to keep dealing with all this other BS.

Calls not every day but at least 2 or 3 times a week, Hey can you fix my Tony Dang wand, or hey I got cut off, I don't like these phone calls because it is not my problem, and I really don't have issues with them. The problem is that it is THEM causing the problem, if they would make things that didn't fall apart they wouldn't call, if they didn't cut guys off they wouldn't call.

Water under bridge in the past can't do anything about it.
Any manufacturer of wands who had a dime of sense should jump on you. Have not tried your wand but soon will. What is the gold standard now ...the Ti6 ??? When did that come out? Prochem and Safire are one so any wand you bring to market will be direct comptition to them.

I can't understand why other companies would not want to take an opportunity to partner up and challenge the existing competitor...he brings innovation (so I heard) and you bring the means of production...or would you rather copy and call your own???

Reactions: Mikey P

EDS

Name
Ed
Sometimes I cut off my nose to spite my face...but it is always done out of principle...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I don't owe anything to cal tools, I've bought one tool from Cobb it's ok for steps,

When I posted about it here I cought crap.

I remember when Bristor flipped his lid when Tom got into the wand making with Tony.

Bristors had it out for Tom since he stopped making $100 filters hahaha.

Keep doing what your doing Tom, great wand.

I think Tony's more interested in airflow then the swivel, isn't the swivel on your Devastator close to what was on the original 75 wands you helped him with??

Mike was saying those are the only ones still working.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I don't owe anything to cal tools, I've bought one tool from Cobb it's ok for steps,

When I posted about it here I cought crap.

I remember when Bristor flipped his lid when Tom got into the wand making with Tony.

Bristors had it out for Tom since he stopped making $100 filters hahaha.

Keep doing what your doing Tom, great wand.

I think Tony's more interested in airflow then the swivel, isn't the swivel on your Devastator close to what was on the original 75 wands you helped him with??
And this is my WHOLE point, no KNOWLEDGE of how to do it first, just copy because there is NO KNOWLEDGE of how something works, I gained this knowledge back in my Glamis days with ATC's and QUADS, Jet Skis, we did a lot of our own engine mods. This is what bothers me about when poeple just go out and copy somthing, Mytee had a swivel and I know there is bad blood here about Mytee, but out of my OWN RESPECT because it is the right thing to do I didn't even want to look at a Mytee swivel. If I wanted to make a swivel and be in the wand type I needed to earn it with my own creation my own design.
Also when you cheat and look at something....you actually HURT YOURSELF because your brain keeps GOING BACK to what you looked at, your brain gets stuck on that picture or part.
This is why Tony has made swivel after swivel yet it stays the same shape he is stuck, and then what did he do.....for a short time he tried what looked like my design.....he keeps getting stuck because he keeps looking at others ideas, instead of doing his own design.

Mike was saying those are the only ones still working.
Yes the swivel is very close but it will not work with Tony's heads it is a little different.

Reactions: SamIam

EDS

Name
Ed
Facebook sucks...and is for idiots. It is a alternate reality that is all crap. Nobody is as cool as they seem to be on FB (except Chuck Norris).

The wife is always on it...

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I plan to market the shxt out of this swivel wand. It will be another item to make me distinguishable over other cc who have simlear price ranges.

Hate to burst your bubble...but your customers could care less about the tools you use. Focus on marking the Shxt out of YOURSELF and you'll do much better. It can't hurt to mention that you can get under their beds with out having to move them or take off the mattress and box spring, but I would make this a feature/benefit and not build a marketing strategy around the wand.

EDS

Name
Ed
Multiple attack fronts...just another one...distinguishablity is my goal. I will use every chance I get to do so. I am my tools...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom