Pro Carpet in an Action News Report!

Mikey P

Administrator
gregcole said:
Mikey P said:
I worked for your exact company Cole.

trust me, dont get this guy going on the complete bullshit operation you are claiming is a cleaning company.
You puss out and OP Berbers cause your employees are retarded thugs, you bait and switch unsuspecting little BROKE old folks and you yourself have the morals of a crack whore pimp.

but YOU do make money so god bless you.

I suspect that many of your customers are over 65 so let's not start throwing accusations about overcharging old folks! Just because they thank you and call you back for another butt - fking doesn't mean you are screwing them- just means they drank the Kool-Aid!
BUT you do make money so God Bless You too! Iseeru

I pre vacuum, I pre spray, I pre scrub, I rotary extract, I post spot, I use an Airpath, I use a big ass truckmount, I actually apply protector, I groom...

You give them a pass or two of overly sudsy water and weak ass vacuum and our smear their pork chop juice and blood in in with a polyester rag...

just who is doing the butt *******?

Bob Foster

gregcole said:
Bob Foster said:
275 reviews mostly negative vs 2 negative reviews?

Pretty well makes a statement and also I don't buy that the majority come from previous subcontractors.

Get your fact straight. Most are positive. Sadly some negatives are real. However, many are fake! In 2009 and again in 2010 we were victims to people bombarding us with negative reviews. We would go months without a single complaint and them have 3 in one day. another month or so with none and then 3-4 more. All posted within minutes of each other. We worked with Kudzu and got many of them removed but couldn't get them all.

97 negative reviews in Atlanta alone.
36 BBB complaints in the last 3 years - mostly about service in Atlanta alone
12 BBB complaints in the last year alone in Tampa and I am sure the amount of customers he services there is smaller because he just started there. One could speculate that based on a smaller customer base in Tampa that would mean his complaint ratio is higher than Atlanta.

Hagopian, which has 40 carpet cleaning trucks, had 1 BBB complaint in three years.

Bob Foster

Worst carpet cleaning & tried to bribe me!

We made the mistake of trying a new company simply because they had a coupon that was too good to be true. It was too good to be true. For a real clean, you have to upgrade your coupon which added about $100 to the price. Without the upgrade, you cannot see any difference. They also offered me a free room if I'd leave them five stars on this site. Even with the free room, the amount would still have been well over the amount quoted. Avoid this company and, remember, all these five star review people have been bribed for these wonderful reviews.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know that if I went into a little mom and pop store to buy a widget and bought it for $100, only to go to wal-mart and see it for $35 -

that's a dumb analogy.
i know you're smart enough to know the difference in purchasing a widget and a "service"

A high price hooker is the same as a mid-priced hooker. When it is all said and done - the service was ultimately the same

if you're using that analogy to compare to service providers such as janitorial , carpet cleaning, lawn care, painting, etc...
I have to ask to ask.
Do you REALLY believe all service providers are created equal and offer the same level of quality and/or value for the service they provide??

if so, you're either ignorant (which i don't believe) or in denial

OR..just plain FOS

lemmie ask, did you hire the cheap lawyer or web gEEk ??
and if not, how come if the end it's all "ultimately the same"??

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
Mikey P said:
gregcole said:
[quote="Mikey P":fc03z3bo]I worked for your exact company Cole.

trust me, dont get this guy going on the complete bullshit operation you are claiming is a cleaning company.
You puss out and OP Berbers cause your employees are retarded thugs, you bait and switch unsuspecting little BROKE old folks and you yourself have the morals of a crack whore pimp.

I suspect that many of your customers are over 65 so let's not start throwing accusations about overcharging old folks! Just because they thank you and call you back for another butt - fking doesn't mean you are screwing them- just means they drank the Kool-Aid!

I pre vacuum, I pre spray, I pre scrub, I rotary extract, I post spot, I use an Airpath, I use a big ass truckmount, I actually apply protector, I groom...

You give them a pass or two of overly sudsy water and weak ass vacuum and our smear their pork chop juice and blood in in with a polyester rag...

just who is doing the butt *******?[/quote:fc03z3bo]

That is an excellent point...

but it seems you guys would be more worried about the hacks that portray themselves as a premium carpet cleaning company after attending an IICRC class or read a post by Steve T. Seems they would do much more harm to "premium cleaners" and there are plenty of them out there. Who doesn't want to make more money for working less?

Greg isn't pretending to be something he isn't. Not from what I've seen at least

FredC

Village Idiot
Mikey P said:
Do Greg's coupons read "we do one tenth of the job those big truck guys do at one tenth of the price?

lol...basically....but of course i understand the lingo

but really is he doing a tenth of the work? Plenty of folks here charging far more and doing almost exactly the same job.

While I may pay more in the future after a bad experience with a couponer.....I'm not likely to pay the same or more after a bad experience with a "premium cleaner"....I'll just toss up the marketing mumbo jumbo of the multistep process to BS

AND most people have not budgeted for/can't afford even what some on this board consider hack prices.........

Mikey P

Administrator
padding berbers is maybe 10% of a real HWE, done right.

a half assed, **** her if she aint buying the pre scrub I'm gonna get the hell out of here splash and dash is much less than 10%

FredC

Village Idiot
compared to you maybe..........I believe you do everything you said

compared to the "Mikey P posers" not so much. Unless you consider throwing a vac over the carpet for a minute or two pre-vacing, prespray soaking the area with wand juice, and agitation your shoe or in the best case a rake.

Again, plenty of folks here proclaiming the virtues of their "12 step" carpet cleaning doing a job not much better if any than Cole. The difference? They charge premium prices.

On the "dry cleaning" thing. I'm not a fan in resi....BUT Greg recognized an issue within his "company" with cleaning berbers and found a fix.......shouldn't you be more pissed at the companies that ONLY offer dry cleaning. Do I think it would be better if he taght his guys to "properly" clean an olie berber? Sure...........but I can see logistical problems

Mikey P

Administrator
On the "dry cleaning" thing. I'm not a fan in resi....BUT Greg recognized an issue within his "company" with cleaning berbers and found a fix.......shouldn't you be more pissed at the companies that ONLY offer dry cleaning.

the fix should have been to pre vacuum, pre spray and neutral rinse with lots of dry passes but who cares, I wish we had a Cole's in my town.

FredC

Village Idiot
Mikey P said:
On the "dry cleaning" thing. I'm not a fan in resi....BUT Greg recognized an issue within his "company" with cleaning berbers and found a fix.......shouldn't you be more pissed at the companies that ONLY offer dry cleaning.

the fix should have been to pre vacuum, pre spray and neutral rinse with lots of dry passes but who cares, I wish we had a Cole's in my town.

I edited...

but I agree...

the problem probably arises more out of logistics/ equipment variation/issues than anything.........

but there ARE FAR MORE OOs that can't clean berber without wicking, long dry times, and odor issues than there are Greg Coles (who do you guys think is doing those jobs anyway? :lol: )

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"I wish I could respond to these post.... :oops: "

BUT...Mikey just "HunG-Up ".....on me on SkYpE...because "I" was druNK.... :cry:

I am In the PeNaLetY...BOX.... :roll:

ps Your ass is MINE TommOrrOW....!

pss Where the HEll iS the SPeLLcHeCK b UuON/...,lhukh mwf4jdtxgioscio//,xdd ...... :lol:

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
gregcole said:
[quote="Mikey P":38ce9s4j]I worked for your exact company Cole.

I do all that except I dont have an airpath or choose to use a rotary hated the rx20 and drymaster compared to a wand but thats me, I prefer my 6 jet PC ti I do use the good stuff also I guess the rotary and the airpath get the bigger dollars or maybe its the $1500.00 a month price tag on that big ass truckmount!

just who is doing the butt *******?[/quote:38ce9s4j]

Still were carpet cleaners the more percieved value the better,

I was thinking putting together a package Vacuum, Pre spray, Rotary scrub, Rinse extract, spot as needed stuff that says no to the other stuff! Post bonnet speed dry with airmovers! Start that all for around $50.00 per room. Still I should just go sq ft and run around to each location twice to give a professional audit!

Or higher a auditer like coit and let him run around for a few nickels.

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:

Actually a truckmount with a PC quad jet best berber wand IMHO maybe jetted down from the high flow kings around here to 4 flow or 6. most are olefin these days hit it with a citrus prespray and rinse! zero redo's sir

I did have a wick once, over presprayed for urine easy fix low ph rinse.

But I would really reccomend the pc quad jet for berber its heavy but it doesnt chaff and seals well!

no skipping shiteatinggrin

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I see no problem with Mr. Coles business model.
More power to him if he can generate and capitalize on the volume.

It looks to me as if the issue is that his "Subs" are running allover like it's the Wild Wild West, without any structure as to how to represent themselves properly, how to "ethically" price a job, and without "whatever cleaning standards" are being imposed by the powers that be. I think this is where the business model is loosing it's respect.
Seems like there is no accountability or consequences for things such as bad reviews. If it were my name on the company, rest assured I would get to the bottom of every review as such, and trust me I would be raising hell if a sub damaged my name.

The appearance of a lack of proper quality assurance controls (or lack of enforcement) regarding the subs kinda gives me the image of a slob at the helm.

FredC

Village Idiot
sam miller said:
I was thinking putting together a package Vacuum, Pre spray, Rotary scrub, Rinse extract, spot as needed stuff that says no to the other stuff! Post bonnet speed dry with airmovers! Start that all for around $50.00 per room.

and that would be a realistic starting point for that level of service...especially for an OO....and we all know that is the "proper" method for the most part

BUT

that is $250 for five rooms......does anybody here think that if that was the industry standard price...and lets say had to be advertised....... that most of the people Cole is cleaning for would have their carpets cleaned?

How many "premium cleaners" here are advertising their (true) prices? And by that I mean when people get their mail they see your coupon for a $300 whole house special? If you aren't why not?

PS...that isn't directed at you

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
In MIkey's defense...A loaf of bread costs $500 in Aptos, CA. shiteatinggrin

A happy customer is a paying and repeating customer.

You are all getting excited over nothing.

Just because the perception of value is there....Doesn't mean it's there.

Mikey over cleans, So does Bob and a bunch of others....From what they've posted here.

Cole does the bare minimum to get the carpet clean....and hopefully the end result is clean (hopefully for him)

Swingin dicks around saying nobody can ever do a better job EVER! Is just sandbox logic and sissy nanny antics.

I suggest you'ns get a life, earn your money they way you see fit and STFU.

Except this is Mikey's Board...Carry on.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Regarding the issue of damage to the industry as a whole.

In the long run, those shoddy cleaners are actually great for the good quality companies.
(Not referring here personally to Cole's, as I know nothing about his operation.)

They help us differentiate ourselves.

In a way, they are our best advertisement.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
gregcole said:
[quote="Mikey P":1js40mcr]I worked for your exact company Cole.

just who is doing the butt *******?[/quote:1js40mcr]

so you are performing un necessary work on rooms that only need a light rinsing?

Mikey P

Administrator
I do whats needed, where it's needed.

But all carpets get pre vacuumed, pre sprayed and rinsed and mega dry stroked at the very least.

K P

Why keep justifing it Greg? It is what it is.Lets use another example...you go in and 2 pump chump the old ladies,and Mike gives them a little Merlot and a foot massage,then he f@##@ks them.Either way,the old ladies are getting f@##@ked.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Who decides what is clean? Is there a standard definition? Seems a pretty subjective word. It could encompass anything from sterile to removing large surface debris. What is clean enough? Terms are thrown around in this industry all the time: "Appearance Clean", "Sanitized", "Health Cleaning", "Anti-Allergen Cleaning". What does this mean and what is the consumer really getting?

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Lee Stockwell
If a second cleaner could make a visible improvement over the first cleaner...etc, until there could be no visible improvement.

K P

They are getting confused(although some are just ridiculously cheap)so if they have some common sense(not so common)they would be safest between the "wet and jet" guy,and the dog and pony show guy.Never a sure thing though.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Mikey P said:
I do whats needed, where it's needed.

But all carpets get pre vacuumed, pre sprayed and rinsed and mega dry stroked at the very least.

So what you are saying is that regardless of what the room "NEEDS" you are charging the higher rate. So if a room needs the bare minimum- they pay the same as if it needed 30 minutes worth of work?
Sounds pretty crappy for the customer to me.
Paying for something you aren't getting.......

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Blunt said:
Why keep justifing it Greg? It is what it is.Lets use another example...you go in and 2 pump chump the old ladies,and Mike gives them a little Merlot and a foot massage,then he f@##@ks them.Either way,the old ladies are getting f@##@ked.

hang on - Mikey says he does so many $1k carpet cleaning jobs he can't count them all. I don't have 1 out of well over 1/2 million jobs!
Who's f@%$#@ing the customer?

This thread comes down to what type of person you really are.

You either want to treat people like you would want to be treated, or you want to screw them over.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
This thread comes down to what type of person you really are.

You either want to treat people like you would want to be treated, or you want to screw them over.

Hmmm, I see it differently. I see it really comes down to a matter of opionion, point of view, and perspective.

You perceive cafeteria style as bait & switch and I perceive high $ flat rate pricing per sf (or even room) regardless of the amount of work needed to be overcharging.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom