Quad 5.7 vs Dual 6.6

Bobby Walker

Name
Bobby Walker
Totally agree. I've bought the adapters for the dryer and only using the generator when I can't effectively
reach those or other plugs that will run the machine.

Unless you spend like 4k and get a Honda, those can run pretty heavy

A low cost generator will be the weakest link.

Engines on those are not designed to run 6 hours a day 5 days a week.

Also, forget about fiberglass bodied extractors.

The recovery tanks will crack under high lift conditions.

Bobby Walker

Name
Bobby Walker
I'm not sure who you are used to giving advice to but I'm not a bonehead :)

When i say close to the door I don't mean close enough to kill anyone lol

It will be far enough away where that doesn't happen. I'm also only using
the generator when the plugs I need are too far away..so occasional genny
use.

I do appreciate you looking after my well being though :)

You risk killing yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning with that idea.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm not sure who you are used to giving advice to but I'm not a bonehead :)

When i say close to the door I don't mean close enough to kill anyone lol

It will be far enough away where that doesn't happen.
I do appreciate you looking after my well being though :)

Glad to hear that and I'm just making sure. It's said that 5 carpet cleaners a year die from CO.

Bobby Walker

Name
Bobby Walker
I tried a couple of times uploading to my youtube account and juist before the end it froze up twice .. its a video of my super sucking dual porty combo !!

Ill try again later

are you on a mac or a PC? what is the video format extension you are uploading to youtube? avi, swf, mp4, etc?

what type of internet connection are you on?

yeh i want to see the video :)

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I tried a couple of times uploading to my youtube account and juist before the end it froze up twice .. its a video of my super sucking dual porty combo !!

Ill try again later

Yeah that happened to me too before-- then it loaded.. I'd like to hear/see how it worked out for you.

Bobby Walker

Name
Bobby Walker
It takes up a lot less space and it's more popular since vac motors are typically associated with portables
but they could do it if they wanted to. They'd be targeting the odd person who wants vac motors instead
and considering the budget they put in when designing the machines it's not practical.

It would still be cool to see an equally powerful ETM and it would be more interesting :)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You can't just go by the numbers. PD blowers always out perform electric fan vac motors. There is a reason why we have vac relief valves on PD blowers but not on electric vacs.

Reactions: Bobby Walker

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Bottom line: We are cleaning carpets and upholstery; not vacuuming stones and bricks from a street sewer. I don't care what anyone believes what is more powerful (ex: the Vortex--now defunct) . I care about performance and what makes sense, especially in todays world.
A ETM can really and truly thoroughly deep clean carpeting as this video proves:

However, the great thing we all have is: Choice. To each their own so to speak.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Bottom line: We are cleaning carpets and upholstery; not vacuuming stones and bricks from a street sewer. I don't care what anyone believes what is more powerful (ex: the Vortex--now defunct) . I care about performance and what makes sense, especially in todays world.
A ETM can really and truly thoroughly deep clean carpeting as this video proves:

However, the great thing we all have is: Choice. To each their own so to speak.

Well said Ed. Personally it's more about the practicality of the thing rather than performance. There is no doubt that a high power etm can be built but if you need a generator or multiple power cords, it begs the question why. Don't forget about how to heat it. I have been dreaming for years now of a etm powered and heated by a hydrogen fuel cell. If we can run cars and buses on it, why not a etm. It would be quiet and non polluting. Could be run in an underground parkade without any fumes. The technology is available, just expensive.

Bobby Walker

Name
Bobby Walker
Well said Ed. Personally it's more about the practicality of the thing rather than performance. There is no doubt that a high power etm can be built but if you need a generator or multiple power cords, it begs the question why. Don't forget about how to heat it. I have been dreaming for years now of a etm powered and heated by a hydrogen fuel cell. If we can run cars and buses on it, why not a etm. It would be quiet and non polluting. Could be run in an underground parkade without any fumes. The technology is available, just expensive.

If you're doing residential then you can simply add a little giant or similar and use Ed's machine on a cart like I'm doing. Then
you only have 50-75' hose runs which will give you MORE than enough cleaning power to do the job quickly and efficiently.

I agree with you though. I'd like to see a high powered ETM hit the market that's reasonably priced. I honestly hate smelling
gas fumes and by the end of the day with a truckmount you have gas fumes on your clothes, so it's not the best impression
when walking into the customer's home

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mytee has the Escape @ $4995.

Equal to a #33 blower on a TM.

We have also built Plug-in TM's getting heat from driving the Van engine.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
No . . . Ours had 1.5 HP electric motor driving #33 blower & separate 3/4 HP motor driving the pump (500 PSI).

Van motor heated the 90 gallon fresh water tank with copper HX up to 160 degrees.

Two cords to operate. Owner wanted an upgrade from a Bane.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
gpump.jpg

500 PSI TM General Pump . . .

not the flower watering pump that Bane used .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom