RE in, Wand out..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Most of the time here's what I do...

-prespray

-edge using 2" vac hose from Truckmount. This gives it a little dwell time.

-RE my way in, in a very random way. I focus on the traffic areas and go back and forth and up and down to properly scrub the deep down filth out of the carpet.

-RE my way out. This time I'm totally off the trigger and back my way out of the area. I'm much less random at this point because this is how a lot of customers see it before I groom. I try to make it look pretty uniform and professional. Almost all pics are taken after the dry pass but before grooming.

-9 times out of 10, the vac hose gets the corners and edges just fine. In the few cases where there's serious soil in a corner or filtration lines or that little space between a furnace vent, then I will use the wand (or some Avenge with a white rag).

-I place a fan to dry while I'm move to another area. I like to leave the swirls for a while, often until finished, so the homeowner can admire my handiwork!

-Then I groom the carpet and collect the check :headbang:

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Geeze Tom! It took you long enough. I thought you were gonna leave me hanging in front of the RE wolves.

That was my point. If someone had a RE, they would've grabbed that first on a job like this. From Tom's picture above, I knock out jobs like this all the time with just a wand

Thanks Tom

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
All cleaning is a matter of degree.

There is value in all levels of cleaning.

There is more value in a more thorough cleaning.

A RE offers a significantly more thorough cleaning ... But it takes a little more time.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Filter lie all the time. Just as the cheap POS vacuum cleaners with the too aggressive brushes filled up the bag in no time.

Getting more fiber into the filter means that there's less left on the carpet. Same reason that some carpet manufacturers would void the warranty if the old Dyson with the super aggressive brush was used. Too much fiber loss.

Now, granted the RE will do an excellent job. Just leave the filter's honesty out of the formula.
Sheeeesh!!! Pretty soon you'll show me a trick with an RE and a bowling ball :winky:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Rotary extraction is slow and awkward. With a wand or zipper and the correct chemicals the same quality of work can be accomplished. Oh it it helps to be using an Aerotech too;););)

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is it wrong to think you can clean just as well or better with a wand? No its not.

Its Fookin WRONG!

However if you want to continue to live in denial, farrr be it for me to tell you that you are wrong.

You are wrong! You are wrong! You are wrong! You are wrong! You are wrong! You are wrong! You are wrong!
:winky:

Reactions: Mikey P and hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok was trying to be nice.

Should read Richard is really old too!
Fook you!

Lets say you get a primo 57 Chevy, you store it in your garage never drive it hard. Wax it and wash it regularly. That car is taken care of with kid gloves. It runs like the wind, its Mighty.

Would you call that car old? Or a Classic?

Fook you! :winky:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt
Back
Top Bottom