RE in, Wand out..

rick imby

Name
Rick
It is a Total Fallacy that the dirt in the backing cuts the fibers and shortens the life of the carpet---It is a great visualization tactic to sell your customer but---unless you are in the desert dirt doesn't cut the fibers. And you are not getting the dirt out of the backing even with a Brush head rotary and an Aerotech...

Proof of my statement---look at the commercial carpet out there with tons of dirt that has been pixie dusted (cimexed) to the bottom of the carpet with VLM with millions of footsteps on it and the fibers are not sheared off with your dirt cutting Fallacy. Are these carpets replaced because the backing is showing through because so much of the fiber has sheared off? No Most commercial carpet doesn't start with much fiber in the first place...

I have pulled and replaced enough carpet to know where the dirt goes----Into the backing where it does not cut the fibers...

Carry on Gentlemen---I like to watch...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
So the deep down sand and soil is FINE to be left in the residential carpet?

Says.....who?

I'd probably have a hard time explaining that to the discriminating homeowner.

Why does the carpet APPEAR so fluffy and nice after the RE.

And it stays clean longer too.

Commercial carpet and residential carpet are pretty different animals.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Rule of thumb:
Any additions to an MB thread that go past page 2 (let alone 13) (assuming it was not already abducted by R.C or Mr. Alabama) has nothing new to add.

Beyond the self evident entertainment value and chest thumping.
I'll take the credit for that. I think I started all this chest thumping.

Because I'm still walking in circles with my wand.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
There was very little discussion of the Zipper SS... which is as @Matt Wood puts it, the flavor of the day! Heat, water pressure as agitation and awesome water recovery... plus it moves back and forth without swirling up the carpet.

Mikey P

Administrator
There was very little discussion of the Zipper SS... which is as @Matt Wood puts it, the flavor of the day! Heat, water pressure as agitation and awesome water recovery... plus it moves back and forth without swirling up the carpet.

A big step up from a regular Xipp, but with no brushes or moving vacuum shoe whats going to open them fiber bundles?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
IMG_20160727_171811575.jpg
I don't know that for sure but my hope is to get similar results without a power cord.

We can get the results but sometimes its at the cost of additional labor. This is with a Cimex prescrub.

IMG_20160727_160628513.jpg

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
gorilla2.png

Born to manage-

-Simple-Vegan-Falafel-with-10-ingredients-and-no-frying-required-vegan-glutenfree-healthy-dinner.jpg

Pay attention Mike. Achtung baby.
Altra Olympus. The best shoes ever to those who's knees need the help of superb cushioning.
I leave the Vibram to cheapskates:

oly-5.jpg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A big step up from a regular Xipp, but with no brushes or moving vacuum shoe whats going to open them fiber bundles?
Lee commented on another thread regarding the Steamway Zinger. It had a electric motor that rotated the jets into the carpet fiber rather away from it like the Zipper. That would probably open up those fiber bundles.

steve_64

The shoes move to fast for the best water extraction. They skim over the surface.

Just used an rx recently with the white magic.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree but you can reduce the water flow. Take out 2 jets and replace with plugs. Normally comes with 11015's for a 7.5 flow. Reduce to a 4.5, not so bad. make sure you do dry passes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom