randy

Name
Randy
HARPER said:
Mikey P said:
that Pwrfligt tool is worthless.

Listen to mikeY....Dan.... :!:

I own one ....they are out-dated....& worthless.... :(

LOL, Harper you actually bought one of those. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

So did I. Back in the pre-glide years around 1993, it seemed like a decent idea. What a worthless piece of junk, laughably so.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
just cleaned a commercial berber in a residence today and remembered there is a big diff with CGD. Vacuuming CGD can be a royal pain and depending on the soil load would never get it all with vacuuming. The rotaries are better on this type, while they won't remove all the soil either, they will remove a substantial amount and leave it evenly spread, avoiding the streaking of most wands. The greenhorn doesn't streak as much as my old wand.

If you do a lot of commercial, a rotary might save you time.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
randy said:
HARPER said:
Mikey P said:
that Pwrfligt tool is worthless.

Listen to mikeY....Dan.... :!:

I own one ....they are out-dated....& worthless.... :(

LOL, Harper you actually bought one of those. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

So did I. Back in the pre-glide years around 1993, it seemed like a decent idea. What a worthless piece of junk, laughably so.

Randy

I don't feel like such a SmUcK ...NOW... :oops:
Thank's for admitting you FELL for the HyPe...toooo... :wink:
They were supposed to be the "CatS MeOw"...back in the ICE AGE... :roll:

I purchase mine about the "same time"....They were HyPeD...to replace the 2-step process..

Mike Draper

I've had an RX-20 and a RV360 regular and and RV-360i. Hands down the RV360i will completely out clean the RX on and residential. I wouldn't use the 360 on CGD though, to long and completely sucks imo. The 360 is not for every type of carpet though. I've found that on thick cut pile or really long frieze carpet it will distort the fibers on leave lines in carpet that are permanent. Its best used on short cut pile, short frieze, or any type of cheap ass apartment carpet. It does a wonder on Berber.

this was an apartment, so it doesn't matter much. these are the permanent lines you will get by using the rv-360i on the wrong fiber. This was a thick cut pile
037.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
The original 360 was a pos... Maybe they have change things, but if it does what happened above to any carpet it's still is a pos in my book.

If I got some shit for free I might change my tone... Na, I'll just call it as I see(use) it.

Mike Draper

its from the new head without brushes, the old cleaning head did the same thing. I believe its caused from the cleaning pass when you go to the left, this is where the most weight is concentrated on the back of the machine. Which is why I say no thick cut pile or thick, long frieze. All others are definitely a go. To say the machine is a POS is just ignorant on the users part. All tools have their place, some are better than others on different carpets.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Original RV did the same this if I remember correctly.

Sort of ties the yarns in knots, creating low areas that create shadows... Right?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
to me it looks like it takes a really really long time to complete an area. if you are going to compare it to a wand I think you should compare it to a wand used at the same speed. I haven't used a rotovac, but I have used an RX 20 to me they suck. you have to go back around and hit everything with a wand on the edges. the other thing is IMO it always left the carpets pretty darn wet, however I was using smaller machines at the time, I suspect a vortex running the thing would not have had an issue.

mikey, how do you think this rotovac would work on a smaller machine??

Mike Draper

Mikey P said:
The Original RV did the same this if I remember correctly.

Sort of ties the yarns in knots, creating low areas that create shadows... Right?

yep. Can also blossom long yarns

TimP

I've had trouble getting my rx-20 to even spin on some very dense and thick cut pile carpet. Also on some loop pile carpet I've had it not be able to spin right, it would hop all over the place in both instances.

I'm sure the rotovac would be more limited in those circumstances due to less weight. But it does sound like it's a cool tool to have in the truck because it is lighter. Lately since I've been working so much I've been running the RX more often since it's easier on the body. One thing I've noticed is that it does out clean a wand by itself. My cds has no trouble with the RX and leaving the carpet too wet either, I run 400-500 psi with it too and 06 flow. I also don't do extra dry passes with it....all wet passes.

Mikey P

Administrator
Zipper must have gotten lost in the mail.

But this i kicked ASS on a 80 ounce FILTHY white pile today.

1200 ft of mud.

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
TimP said:
I've had trouble getting my rx-20 to even spin on some very dense and thick cut pile carpet. Also on some loop pile carpet I've had it not be able to spin right, it would hop all over the place in both instances.

I'm sure the rotovac would be more limited in those circumstances due to less weight. But it does sound like it's a cool tool to have in the truck because it is lighter. Lately since I've been working so much I've been running the RX more often since it's easier on the body. One thing I've noticed is that it does out clean a wand by itself. My cds has no trouble with the RX and leaving the carpet too wet either, I run 400-500 psi with it too and 06 flow. I also don't do extra dry passes with it....all wet passes.
I am shopping for an RX-20 - somewhat. Trying to make life a little easier when ever I can. I have talked to Les and Harper. Both have been a great help. Doing a search on the board on the RX I find posts from one end of the spectrum to the other on it's performance and usability. Since I have never used one I am a leery of purchasing one and having it sit. I know I am high jacking this RV360i topic (sorry) but more opinions from those who have owned an RX would be appreciated. I have not run a RV360i either but it just looks a little fragile to me. Time will tell if it can stand up to extreme heat, pressure and vacuum.

Mike Draper

I put over a thousand hours on my first one. I had an Rx-20, the rv360i is a much better tool for residential.

Mikey P

Administrator
extreme heat, pressure and vacuum

The fittings, hoses and head that have to deal with those 3 elements are the same as the RX

Where the RX is beefier is the motor and castings.

overbuilt if you ask me..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I thought the RX-20 was a waste of time and too much trouble for what it was worth.
I did like it for bonnet cleaning.

I was at the tail end of Chem Dry when they started bringing those in.

Mikey P

Administrator
Used it again on a Italian Restaurant loaded with olive oil and Vino.

We've cleaned this place a dozen time. Almost always have to pre spray, scrub and rinse some areas twice in the past.

The guys used the I this time and were blown away with how easy it came clean this time.
The owner even took note and commented about it when I called to arrange for a blow pick up.

The water that came out of the waste was beyond black

Cant say enough good things about this baby. :!: :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!: :!: :!:

Coolest piece of equipment to hit this industry in a long time.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What head were you using Mikey ??

Normal one, or bonnetts/brush as well ??

Thanks,

:roll:

Mike Draper

Mikey P said:
Used it again on a Italian Restaurant loaded with olive oil and Vino.

We've cleaned this place a dozen time. Almost always have to pre spray, scrub and rinse some areas twice in the past.

The guys used the I this time and were blown away with how easy it came clean this time.
The owner even took note and commented about it when I called to arrange for a blow pick up.

The water that came out of the waste was beyond black

Cant say enough good things about this baby. :!: :!: :!: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!: :!: :!:

Coolest piece of equipment to hit this industry in a long time.

What kind of carpet, did it have pad underneath?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I've had the lines in the carpets a few times, I just rake the heck out of it with the stiff groomer and presto the lines are gone. No big deal.

Mike Draper

here is a picture from a while ago. These lines are almost impossible to get out. A rake wont do anything. This was extremely dirty, when you make a pass to the left the weight of the machine will scrub harder on the back 1" which results in a better clean on that 1" area. I came back and re-cleaned the opposite way....nothing, then I pre-scrubbed with a different machine and re-cleaned with my Ti-wand. By this time the lines were only a little less noticeable. fortunately the owners weren't to picky and it didn't bother them. Otherwise You would be replacing carpet. I love the Rv-360 and think it is one of the best cleaning machines out there, however you need to be careful choosing where to use it.

lines-rv-3602.jpg

lines-rv-360.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
That is what I am affraid of......... getting one and getting those swirly marks and not being able to get them out. I mean i am scared shitless.

Mike Draper

Here is the deal. short cut pile, short frieze or any cheap ass apartment carpet and you will never have a problem.

TimP

They can be hard to get out on an Rx-20 too.

I think it has more to do with high heat and better drying.....but I'm not entirely sure that's the case.

I think on the pile above using the wide toothed grandi groomer is the best rake for them. Dense cut pile the groomer that's more like a broom than a rake is the better choice....loop pile I rarely notice swirls in them. This thread has made me pull out the RX again on residential....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom