So which is the best available stair tool?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So I bought this one: PMF- Swivel Head 30-inch Ergonomic Stair Tool
Swivel-Head-30-inch-Ergonomic-Stair-Tool-265x300.jpg

Its a toy! If that's what Saiger uses, I'll consider disowning him :winky:

Difficult to maneuver, feels light and non durable. It is cheap (nice) and it feels cheap. And it left lots of water in the carpet -very poor water recovery. You should have seen how much more water my small pmf stair tool recovered after the passes with this tool. And I have a Butler with the screaming large blower.

Monday it goes back to my supplier and I'll try a different design.

IMHO not a well designed tool. Back to the drawing board.
That makes me feel better. I'm not crazy

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Difficult to maneuver, feels light and non durable. It is cheap (nice) but it feels cheap. Unless there's a dedicated & protected place in the van for it, I very much doubt it will last and my van is relatively well organized.

And it left lots of water in the carpet -very poor water recovery. You should have seen how much more water my small pmf stair tool recovered after the dry passes with this tool. And I have a Butler with the screaming large blower.

Monday it goes back to my supplier (happy reunion, nice of them to offer a free trial- Clean Hub) and I'll try a different design.

IMHO not a well designed tool. Back to the drawing board PMF. I know you can do a lot better.
So, you only tried it once? That's some learning curve. I felt the same way the first time I used it, then my regular stair broke and I had to use it for a while. Once I got used to it, it became my favorite stair tool. As for leaving water behind, try multiple dry strokes. It's just stairs, not hard to go back over a couple of times. Once you get the hang of it, you will find that you can pull it over the bullnose and really flush it well. You will still have the cuff it to remove excess water. I find the swivel works well in tight or circular staircases. Maybe not the absolute best for airflow but good enough if used properly.

Name
Jeff T
My go-to since day one has been the PMF 40” straight. I’ve also got 2 Prochems (one of each length), and a AW29 mini.... for stairs, I HATE the ‘29, for boats and RVS, I LOVE IT. I use the shorty Prochem when I do church pews. Guess we all have our favourites. I’ve even got an old POS that I use when I get those contracts I don’t want.... like carpet in an attic, or carpeting in someone’s van etc.....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So, you only tried it once? That's some learning curve. I felt the same way the first time I used it, then my regular stair broke and I had to use it for a while. Once I got used to it, it became my favorite stair tool. As for leaving water behind, try multiple dry strokes. It's just stairs, not hard to go back over a couple of times. Once you get the hang of it, you will find that you can pull it over the bullnose and really flush it well. You will still have the cuff it to remove excess water. I find the swivel works well in tight or circular staircases. Maybe not the absolute best for airflow but good enough if used properly.

Let me quote you from your favorite poster, Ron:

Why would I want to do multiple dry strokes if a good tool will do it very well with one? Not efficient.
All tools require a cuff pass to dry the stair's nose really well.

And I don't need to try a tool for a month to know that it does not extract well. Been around.
Though, I am humbled yet delighted that you enjoy multiple dry passes. I'd rather watch paint dry with Richard :winky:

For me- Not a well designed tool. And yes, you are correct, we can adjust to any tool. I'd rather adjust to a better one.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My go-to since day one has been the PMF 40” straight. I’ve also got 2 Prochems (one of each length), and a AW29 mini.... for stairs, I HATE the ‘29, for boats and RVS, I LOVE IT. I use the shorty Prochem when I do church pews. Guess we all have our favourites. I’ve even got an old POS that I use when I get those contracts I don’t want.... like carpet in an attic, or carpeting in someone’s van etc.....
Can you show us a pic of your pmf 40"? There's a couple different versions out there

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
It's OK with me if you and Matt don't like it...I didn't like it at all...hated it at first. It was suppose to come with a glide and PMF couldn't seem to get one made so after calling them daily they finally sent one from a 3rd party to stop me from calling...daily. The glide seemed to put the the tool at the right distance to be effective and it is as dry as any stair tool so dry strokes are optional. I use the vac hose on the bull nose. Lots of control and very efficient for me. I really like it and would buy another if anything went wrong with it ... I have had no issues with the build quality. So I guess we will just have to keep Mark.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

Difficult to maneuver, feels light and non durable. It is cheap (nice) but it feels cheap. Unless there's a dedicated & protected place in the van for it, I very much doubt it will last and my van is relatively well organized.

And it left lots of water in the carpet -very poor water recovery. You should have seen how much more water my small pmf stair tool recovered after the dry passes with this tool. And I have a Butler with the screaming large blower.

Monday it goes back to my supplier (happy reunion, nice of them to offer a free trial- Clean Hub) and I'll try a different design.

IMHO not a well designed tool. Back to the drawing board PMF. I know you can do a lot better.

Dual jet manifold and a glide needed or not really comparable to what we are using.

Lose swivel on this tool helps speed up but you don't want a loose swivel on any other wand

SamIam

Name
sam miller

For a guy who does 8
Sofas 6 rugs 12 rooms and steps by himself in minus 20 degree weather you need every advantage you can get!

I never work that hard !

Lol I know the job was way bigger the day your guy called in at 333 and said I just woke up!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Well ......... dang, Mark. Send me one.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here are some of my stair tools. The long handled straight ones I use on commercial stairs. They allow you to stand more upright when cleaning. The customer down single jet wand is quick and powerful. The little one is great for tight places and focuses all of your power into a smaller area. Great for very soiled stairs. The swivel is the one getting used for residential most of the time. It gets into the corners and up to the riser better than all of the other ones. The swivel lets you get closer to the edge without you having to do the twist. Particularly, if there is a railing in your way. If I had to pick just one, I would pick the little one for its power and versatility.
IMG_20180409_132335.jpg
IMG_20180409_132325.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Here are some of my stair tools. The long handled straight ones I use on commercial stairs. They allow you to stand more upright when cleaning. The customer down single jet wand is quick and powerful. The little one is great for tight places and focuses all of your power into a smaller area. Great for very soiled stairs. The swivel is the one getting used for residential most of the time. It gets into the corners and up to the riser better than all of the other ones. The swivel lets you get closer to the edge without you having to do the twist. Particularly, if there is a railing in your way. If I had to pick just one, I would pick the little one for its power and versatility.View attachment 79274 View attachment 79275

Reminds me of my wands!

41E1E842-B213-4D29-8171-20F9F528A215.jpeg

My two westpac 12 inch head 2 inch pipe not pictured!

Any body need a wand hahahaha

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Why do you need a glide on a stair tool?

The jet/bracket is to close to the carpet. The extra whatever a glide adds helps.

The glide also helps me not f-up ms smiths white trim. Mostly because of the design of the tool.

Reactions: SamIam

steve_64

[QUOTE="jcooper, post: 4572032, member: 40117"

The glide also helps me not f-up ms smiths white trim. Mostly because of the design of the tool.[/QUOTE]
Some paints mark so easily! This is the best reason I've heard for glides.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom