So which is the best available stair tool?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
:eekk:
Geez you guys! I buy one wand and on stair tool for each truck.

That's quite and investment in tools.
I do need to sell a few for sure!

One is my devastor the other is a Mach 15 I
picked up from Mike.

I had to Prochem Ti’s

And the SS 15 Ti came with my pro1200!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
:eekk:
Geez you guys! I buy one wand and on stair tool for each truck.

That's quite and investment in tools.

Ok I quoted this twice now, I’m a firm believer if something breaks I need a back up!
So I put two wands out on each truck just in case I’m
Not a round to fix it the job still gets done!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The glide definitely helps the stair tool.
It is a lot easier to move and smoother on the fabric with my 6" short Pmf tool. With these small size tools with not a very narrow opening, the suction is brutal. I like it with a glide.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
A swivel stair tool would work against me and my system of cleaning stairs. I start from the bottom and work my way up cleaning all the toe kicks. I then work my way back down cleaning the flat step part. Much faster for me.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like the photos of all your stair tools, Ron. What a collection.
You're a sick dude! :winky:

How many vans you drive to each job?
Its a lifetime collection, I have a couple more not in the picture. I just don't like to throw anything away. I got the swivel tool with another machine I bought and tried it out. Didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Putting a glide on a stair tool is going limit how close you get to the edges and riser. I keep the tool moving to avoid lockdown. Yes you have to be careful not to scratch the walls and moldings. Slow down and take your time. As I get older, I don't bend as well. I need tools that are comfortable to use. Those long handled tools are the cats ass when doing 2 or 3, 4 story stair cases by yourself.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
A swivel stair tool would work against me and my system of cleaning stairs. I start from the bottom and work my way up cleaning all the toe kicks. I then work my way back down cleaning the flat step part. Much faster for me.

That's what I do... And the swivel helps. Really.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
On stairs I think you need the extra agitation a glide less tool provides. You can really scrub a stair top with it.

Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I think that if PMF did their 6" tool-
6-inch-Wide-Open-Spray-Stair-Tool-265x300.jpg

Only in a longer (30 " or so long) and slightly wider (7-8" wide) one spray jet is enough (that way it is more protected and likely to make it intact in the van) and a glide or glide lips.it will be an awesome stair tool.
Mike, are they opened to experimenting with that?
I'll order one.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Single jet will likely leave an impact mark on the bullnose.
Not sure what will happen with it being wider (From 6" to 7-8") but it does not on the 6" tool.
I use it every day and cleaned thousands of stairs with it. They can distance it a little more. I don't like the split into two metal pipes for the second spray jet, as it is a little more vulnerable to damage. It can be done differently though and still have two jets.

Rookie :winky:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

Single jet will likely leave an impact mark on the bullnose.
From what I've seen the single jet tools move the jet further away from contact and don't have the force at the pile a multiple jet tool does.
They don't flush as well because of that but leave the carpet less distorted and looking better.
Just not cleaner.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not true in my experience, as they have larger size jets. They actually have more force and the water is hotter as the droplets are larger.
The only difference may be the angle in which the water will hit the carpet, as a single jet will need a wider angle. Though I doubt it will be an issue at 7-8"

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom