Something to think about rotary extraction

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I completely agree and am seriously considering using the 360i on absolutely every job we do. Usually only use it on the moderate to severely dirty ones and or rooms

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Oh boy!

Now all the successful cleaners here who have thousands of ecstatic clients will have to tell them that they've been duped.
Bamboozled.
Hoodwinked.
Humbuged.
Spoofed.

I remember the same being said about the Vortex to the my cojones are.... than yours, crowd.

Give me a freaking break.

It is just one more tool and not even remotely close to the real important ones.

Buy it if you need another tool that will give you one more option.

Bear in mind: It ain't the second coming........or the third.

ROtary extractors are in the group of best tools as are the big trucks, so I can see how you can get it wrong twice!:)

And yes mine are bigger!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh boy!

Now all the successful cleaners here who have thousands of ecstatic clients will have to tell them that they've been duped.
Bamboozled.
Hoodwinked.
Humbuged.
Spoofed.

I remember the same being said about the Vortex to the my cojones are.... than yours, crowd.

Give me a freaking break.

It is just one more tool and not even remotely close to the real important ones.

Buy it if you need another tool that will give you one more option.

Bear in mind: It ain't the second coming........or the third.

So in other words, Ofer has never done a side by side test in a real home setting.

You haven't seen "ecstatic", until you've seen the RE-action you get from a homeowner watching the magic.

tightwad.

Reactions: Cleantechsk
Name
Marcus
Heat is just as important......and vacuum is equally if not more important
When I got kero heat my rx20 took a rest as I tied off the trigger on my prochem wands and bumped my vacuum up with a larger engine for more vacuum and increased the water flow to 10....12 flow
Wands have certain advantages over rotaries especially in homes...no power cord.safer ... No bumping....or chewing up carpet wads....go under furniture..upstairs
Zipper will clean anything a rx20 will if you have enough heat vacuum and water flow.....I clean filthy resturants with no rotary....
I only use a wand for stairs...or gum.....
I do agree we should try to go beyond wands because they will break down your body in time.
The cap

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You got it all wrong: I did see, and all too many times, the buy this buy that spiel here.

BTW I did a side by side with an RX-20 years ago. Borrowed it for a few days.
Wasn't impressed.

I do like the 360XL and the Hoss 700, just not consider it that essential.

Shop keeper.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Or in all fairness to ofer, he might be cleaning clean carpet. We for the most part, I would say maybe 1 in 20 jobs, is a clean carpet being cleaned for what I think is not a valid reason other than just to have satisfaction of getting it cleaned.

In the am tomorrow we have a rental that had cats and while not gross, we will still use the hoss and preference not to have go over it a million times pushing a wand to make sure we remove as much as we can with extra passes that will not be fatiguing in any way.

You don't need a rotary extractor to clean carpet, but for the jobs that need extra flushing it becomes almost priceless as it would kill your arm and take you all day to do what the re does somewhat quickly.

I do not believe you need it on every job, but if that is one of the things that sets you apart, then more power to you.

Pics helped mikey clean a school last February right before mikesfest and in one room I asked him if he had a rotary extractor on the truck. We pulled off the rotovac xl and boy did it make a difference. The specific room we cleaned with rotovac looked bluer and more consistent than the other rooms.

On the same job, the job contact arrived while we were doing the room and immediately noticed the difference. Mikey then followed by explains what the rotary was doing and next time they could use the rotary in the whole school. The contact immediately asked how much more it would cost to run the rotary over all the carpeted areas by himself without us even mentioning a price increase.

They are profitable especially when used the correct way in the optimal setting, and for us it is any worn or really trashed carpets.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If the sole reason your clients are using you is your use of a rotary.
Your business is ripe for the taking.
I don't agree.

All of us do the same thing, using the same equipment, chems and tools. We all think we are the best too. But what really separates us? Marketing? Technical skills? Client Relations?

I'd think more client relationships but you need to get them first, so equal parts marketing and client relations.

Any fool can use a tool. :biggrin:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't agree.

All of us do the same thing, using the same equipment, chems and tools. We all think we are the best too. But what really separates us? Marketing? Technical skills? Client Relations?

I'd think more client relationships but you need to get them first, so equal parts marketing and client relations.

if we were all the same.......we would all be poor.........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Heat is just as important......and vacuum is equally if not more important
When I got kero heat my rx20 took a rest as I tied off the trigger on my prochem wands and bumped my vacuum up with a larger engine for more vacuum and increased the water flow to 10....12 flow
Wands have certain advantages over rotaries especially in homes...no power cord.safer ... No bumping....or chewing up carpet wads....go under furniture..upstairs
Zipper will clean anything a rx20 will if you have enough heat vacuum and water flow.....I clean filthy resturants with no rotary....
I only use a wand for stairs...or gum.....
I do agree we should try to go beyond wands because they will break down your body in time.
The cap
I love heat but only too a point. I don't think it gives the right impression to a homeowner when you have a cloud of steam in the room. Super heated solution lines are a risk in a home. Both for the risk of a burst and for heat setting a snake line in the pile. Up to that point I'm all in for heat.

Commercial trashed pits.....give her hell! :winky: The more heat the better. Fortunately or maybe unfortunately we don't see much of that work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I love heat but only too a point. I don't think it gives the right impression to a homeowner when you have a cloud of steam in the room. Super heated solution lines are a risk in a home. Both for the risk of a burst and for heat setting a snake line in the pile. Up to that point I'm all in for heat.

Commercial trashed pits.....give her hell! The more heat the better. :winky:

then get Robs pre spray....according to him you no longer need heat..and he just changed the whole cleaning pie.........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steve Toburen has been pushing RE since the first SFS I attended many many moons ago. Consistency was his mantra, get the same results at the end of the day as the first job of the day. He is right...as usual.

Now there are more entries in the RE class, try them all and decide for yourself which fits you best.

Think about it, a fast forward pass and backward pass compares to rotating head that's flushing the fiber multiple times. It just doesn't compare. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->
smiley-shocked001.gif

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't agree.

You just made my point "Dancing With Grass".
So, you can't disagree.

Well...you can and you will....... but for different reasons.

And stop following me for the dropping 1$ bills.............they're counterfeit.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
then get Robs pre spray....according to him you no longer need heat..and he just changed the whole cleaning pie.........
Awesome! I'm buying a truck load of that shit! :headbang:

All these years, and the industries best chemists couldn't come up with an answer but finally after 47-years of waiting a Silver Bullet.
Thank You thank you....I am not worthy! :winky:

Ok seriously its probably as good as any of the other stuff. BUT if an RE won't make a difference and Ofer will beat you if that's your only selling point. He will kick the shit (How does one say shit in yiddish? Shtik? Kafin? ) out of you if you think its a prespray that makes a difference.

"Oh and what prespray do you use?" :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So, you can't disagree.

Well...you can and you will....... but for different reasons.

And stop following me for the dropping 1$ bills.............they're counterfeit.
LOL you know me too well. If I begin to lose the argument I'll jump sides just to confuse you. :icon_twisted:

And yes I saw you printing the money at break. But its still spends just as good! :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
On what percentage of jobs do you bust out the RJE?

10 percent or less of total jobs.

Or in all fairness to ofer, he might be cleaning clean carpet. We for the most part, I would say maybe 1 in 20 jobs, is a clean carpet being cleaned for what I think is not a valid reason other than just to have satisfaction of getting it cleaned.

For such a Rotary advocate and for someone who cleans mostly trashed carpets, you sure seem to park the rotary in the truck a whole lot.
What's up?

And yes, I do not specialize in trashed carpets. Not my niche of choice.
Personally, I'd like to keep it this way.

And yes, nobody argues that Rotaries can be useful.
Every job?
Overkill.

Unless of course you specialize in TTC (totally trashed carpets).

Last edited:

Ron K

So since this IS all about money. Time is Money.

How much EXTRA do you charge to clean with a Rotory. You all say it takes more time so how much is your extra time worth.

Some of you people should learn how to read I did not call anyone of you Idiots I said and you can read it, if an Idiot moved into your area.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are about the same, it stills on the truck a lot BUT its there when you need a big hammer. You know those jobs that look great everywhere but the traffic areas. Whip it out (the RE) and restore the pile.

Now an RE won't cure tip blooming but I have found that it adds back worn off nylon to the fiber tips and makes carpet look like new. Well....ok maybe not. :redface:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So since this IS all about money. Time is Money.

How much EXTRA do you charge to clean with a Rotory. You all say it takes more time so how much is your extra time worth.

Some of you people should learn how to read I did not call anyone of you Idiots I said and you can read it, if an Idiot moved into your area.
Idiots don't read well either. :redface: Can you draw me a picture? I prefer crayons. :smile:

No extra charge. As we use it it doesn't slow the crews down that much. As an owner op it might slow you down some but if you compare how you would naturally be slower at the end of the day and using an RE would keep you cleaning at a consistent production rate throughout the day, its still a worth while trade off.

Please stop calling me an idiot....I'm getting a complex over it. :p

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am an advocate of being prepared for any level of cleaning we might be presented for us to clean.

If a carpet does not need to be flushed and agitated with a rotary then we don't use it. It is just common sense here, not that difficult.

I would also like to let you know I currently own about 10 or so different hammers in my shop. Everyone is design to do a different task or size job.

The same with our carpet cleaning tools. We have different tools to perform different tasks or achieve different goals. When we need a sledgehammer we pull out the hoss. Advantage to use is our "sledgehammer" is not difficult or cumbersome to use. Just plug it In, bundle hoses and cord together. And run it over the carpet with less fatigue and overall human effort than a wand could ever be.

Experience should over shadow everything we do, so if you don't need a rotary than YOU know it, based on your business.

We charge 75 dollars a room, so most of our cleans are not rat nastys any more as pricing has weeded most of those customers out.

Commercial on the other hand we use the rotary a bit more on entry areas or schools and such where crazy amounts of sand are present that we would very much like to remove the most we can.

AGAIN FO OFER, I DONT NEED A VORTEX OR A ROTORY TO CLEAN CARPET!!

I JUST LIKE TO HAVE ALL THE POWER AND THE TOOLS TO MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY AND OVERALL PRODUCTIVITY WHILE DELIVERING THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF CLEANING AND RESTORATION AS POSSIBLE.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I can't say that it slows me down enough to worry about it...

Its my job to get the carpets as clean as I can...it's also my job to make sure i have all the proper tools to clean the carpets to the best of my ability.....

and its my job to make sure that my pricing structure supports it.....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Don't need to be convinced of the cleaning benefits...

Very worried about the profit margins though. Most of the jobs here involve a 2nd floor, dragging that thing up/down several times a day is going to wear out a normal tech.
THEN i am going to get whacked with a wage/commission increase, for sure.

We can only raise prices so much or people slow down the repeating cycles and then we have to spend more money on advertising $$$.
:dejection:

Have not found the sweet spot yet so still sitting on the fence, comfortably.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
All cleaning is a matter of degree.

Rotary Extraction is the most efficient way of achieving the level of cleaning we are aiming for. It's probably not for everybody but has helped us define our biz as a premium cleaning company.

It's especially useful for me because I work alone. If I had a helper, I MIGHT be more inclined to use a CRB or my 175.

These things are here to stay and I think they represent the future of high quality carpet cleaning.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

F

FB7777

I know this will be out of character, but I'm gonna be brutally honest here...

I can't take the opinion of 1 man shows that have been in biz for over 10 years, even less if they have been slinging a wand for 20+

Why? Cause It should be fairly common knowledge that ANYONE with that many years under their belt only needing 3-5 jobs a day can create that job for themselves

The bar is low, people are creatures of habit and the owner will be the constant

Put a rotary in an employee's hand and it equalizes the consistency a bit ( as Steve T says )

I applaud the guys that have gotten up every day after day after gawd forsaken day and put the nose to the grindstone solo forever with no end in sight ...

But don't delude yourself into thinking that you are anything more than the same Jake the Janitor that has always cleaned Mrs Upscale's home and beach home year after year

This discussion is about raising your companies game and taking it to the next level

Not old broken down wand slinger 101

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom