Something to think about rotary extraction

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a couple of the Drimasters, I don't like them as much as I used to. They do tug and pull on you more than I'd like. They will clean well though!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Michael, I know that you meant what you said.

I am all for a rotaries, as long as people understand that it is just another tool, not the second coming. And any one that thinks that it will take their company to the next level, is a fool.

As per me personally, I'd only buy one if I know that it will be taken out of the van. Not sure it will. Got enough toys laying around collecting dust.

Rooms here in San Fran are not that big, quite a few furniture and not much of large open spaces, so it will slow me down substantially. Many places with quite a few stairs going up, not hauling friendly (however, very dent friendly :winky:.)

And I do not specialize in trashed homes. Most of my clients take good care of their homes, they do not confuse them with the trash bin.

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
But do you go out and clean?

Today I Did!
12 Apartments

Sorry NO drama, I only go after easy jobs ....:headbang:

mb1_zpsa2b59589.jpg

mb3_zps41421257.jpg

mb2_zps4668114f.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had 30K of hallways, offices and conference rooms to do today. They thought they might need me to go help but they had it handled easily without me. They are out on to something else already! :icon_cool:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We had 30K of hallways, offices and conference rooms to do today. They thought they might need me to go help but they had it handled easily without me. They are out on to something else already! :icon_cool:

Thats why you live at Club Chavez and well i don't :errf:.

Maybe if i buy a rotary .... fingers crossed.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Michael, I know that you meant what you said.

I am all for a rotaries, as long as people understand that it is just another tool, not the second coming. And any one that thinks that it will take their company to the next level, is a fool.

As per me personally, I'd only buy one if I know that it will be taken out of the van. Not sure it will. Got enough toys laying around collecting dust.

Rooms here in San Fran are not that big, quite a few furniture and not much of large open spaces, so it will slow me down substantially. Many places with quite a few stairs going up, not hauling friendly (however, very dent friendly :winky:.)

And I do not specialize in trashed homes. Most of my clients take good care of their homes, they do not confuse them with the trash bin.

Just wondering........have you ever really used a rotary...........not for one job or one day...but really took the time and found a rotary that fit your cleaning style and used it long enough to really know what it can and/or can not do for you.....

Have you used one long enough that your clients noticed a difference.....what is the longest you have used one and stuck with it to actually know....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I really do see a big difference with customers if we agitate with something.
BUT i did not see a difference personally between rotary or scrub/wand.

For me anyway the key is scrubbing, how not soooo much.
People really do respond to that pile being lifted up for a couple days or a week.

Honestly think it comes down to the type of jobs YOU do.

Mikey P

Administrator
Watch your inline filter to see how much more an RE gets out.

Actually an amazing difference, especially in sandy soil or beach side homes

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
We are talking about a tool that cost a couple grand right? Its a good thing you guys don't run business that require tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands to differentiate yourselves from the competition.

Doesn't the A/T fall into that category..........

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We are talking about a tool that cost a couple grand right? Its a good thing you guys don't run business that require tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands to differentiate yourselves from the competition.

Thats ON TOP of the $60k Butler, $5k in sales tax, $2.5k cimex , $5k in misc STUFF.

After 3 of those bad boys you ARE talking about hundreds of $$ thousands of dollars, throw in cash reserves, advertising and we are talking real money.
Not too mention whatever else you invest in...

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Thats ON TOP of the $60k Butler, $5k in sales tax, $2.5k cimex , $5k in misc STUFF.

After 3 of those bad boys you ARE talking about hundreds of $$ thousands of dollars, throw in cash reserves, advertising and we are talking real money.
Not too mention whatever else you invest in...

I don't know how long ago you spent that money, if it was recent then I understand not spending the extra cash but hopefully it was a few years ago & you are proffitable & a couple grand on a RE won't break you.

All I know is I tried them all, pre scrub, high flow etc...& nothing beats a RE & thats why it gets used on +95% of the jobs.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Long enough to know next week it will be a $3 thousand scrub machine and week after 1$ thousand on floor fans.

Oh we need custom super special corner guards too... quack quack

The walk ups though...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
(Maybe it is just me but I find the RX-20 at least jumps around too much on glue down and doesn't get a good seal so the vacuum is bad.)

Holy crap are you kidding me??? musta been before glides....because glue down is about the only place i use an RX...

resi, and padded carpets get the 360....

and yes the filters.....holy crap the stuff that comes out.....hence the goodie bag reference

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've been using my Rotovac for a little over a year. It IS slower than a wand BUT I'm committed enough to the finished product that I've become much more proficient while using it.

Today I started my last job around 4:30 and I really didn't feel like working anymore today. It was just 2 bedrooms, 2 halls, living/dining, a lower family room, and a set of stairs.

I prevacuumed and the guy was ranting and raving about my vacuum because the carpet already looked better. I thought "this is the perfect time to just let the RotoVac stay on the truck".

I cleaned the 2 bedrooms with the wand and started in the hall.

It just wasn't getting it clean the way the RotoVac does. I chucked the wand back in the van and got after it with said RE.

It's actually getting more difficult to give something the "Okey Doke".

I cleaned a TON of carpet for years and will say that the RotoVac has made me a FAR better cleaner. I believe in the product I'm putting out more than ever. Our prices have gone up considerably and yes, they should. I'm spending more time on jobs now.

Is it the machine or the man? It's clearly both. A hack who doesn't give a rip still won't care if you hand him a RE. BUT hand a good RE to a tech who actually CARES about putting out the BEST possible product.....now you've got something!

Yes, our industry will continue to evolve. No, RE isn't the end of the line. But for RIGHT NOW, they can't be beat in many situations. I wish I was fortunate enough to clean only clean carpet but I'm not. I clean ALL THE TIME for families with pets. If you don't have a RE and aren't willing to put the time and effort in with a 175 or CRB, you won't be competitive in these situations.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

It's the shoes Mr. Nazarian. It's the shoes. But will it take my company to the next level? Is that measly $2000.00 all that it takes to differentiate your company. Sheesh, one wonders what 4 grand will do to differentiate it? God knows, It may take it to the fourth dimension :winky:

Jim Martin, please read my entire post, don't just cherry pick.
No I never used a rotary for an extended time. Didn't feel the need to. However, I know someone that decided that the T-rex won't work without even seeing the damn thing in person, let alone try it :winky:.

On the other hand, I did like both the Hoss 700 and the RV-XL- good tools. Most chances both will stay in the van (sorry, it's a San Francisco stairs thingie). My clients seem to be quite happy with my cleaning (currently booked three weeks in advance). Willing to bet that my clients are pretty much as happy as yours.

and....................it ain't the tool buddy. Oh, sorry, did I already say that :winky:

P.S. Will it take my company to the next level?

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I've been using my Rotovac for a little over a year. It IS slower than a wand BUT I'm committed enough to the finished product that I've become much more proficient while using it.

Today I started my last job around 4:30 and I really didn't feel like working anymore today. It was just 2 bedrooms, 2 halls, living/dining, a lower family room, and a set of stairs.

I prevacuumed and the guy was ranting and raving about my vacuum because the carpet already looked better. I thought "this is the perfect time to just let the RotoVac stay on the truck".

I cleaned the 2 bedrooms with the wand and started in the hall.

It just wasn't getting it clean the way the RotoVac does. I chucked the wand back in the van and got after it with said RE.

It's actually getting more difficult to give something the "Okey Doke".

I cleaned a TON of carpet for years and will say that the RotoVac has made me a FAR better cleaner. I believe in the product I'm putting out more than ever. Our prices have gone up considerably and yes, they should. I'm spending more time on jobs now.

Is it the machine or the man? It's clearly both. A hack who doesn't give a rip still won't care if you hand him a RE. BUT hand a good RE to a tech who actually CARES about putting out the BEST possible product.....now you've got something!

Yes, our industry will continue to evolve. No, RE isn't the end of the line. But for RIGHT NOW, they can't be beat in many situations. I wish I was fortunate enough to clean only clean carpet but I'm not. I clean ALL THE TIME for families with pets. If you don't have a RE and aren't willing to put the time and effort in with a 175 or CRB, you won't be competitive in these situations.

The Clean Machine of Iowa
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

dedication to perform the best at all times will set your company many levels ahead of others and a rotary is helping you achieve that.

more passes more cleaner its that simple!

on commercial i believe the zipper helps us shine especially when our commercial customers want their carpets cleaned very well and dry in the smallest timeframe possible. for us this gives us an upper hand and we are compensated for such. dry before we leave at a premium price, and we get it.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It's the shoes Mr. Nazarian. It's the shoes. But will it take my company to the next level? Is that measly $2000.00 all that it takes to differentiate your company. Sheesh, one wonders what 4 grand will do to differentiate it? God knows, It may take it to the fourth dimension :winky:

Jim Martin, please read my entire post, don't just cherry pick.
No I never used a rotary for an extended time. Didn't feel the need to. However, I know someone that decided that the T-rex won't work without even seeing the damn thing in person, let alone try it :winky:.

On the other hand, I did like both the Hoss 700 and the RV-XL- good tools. Most chances both will stay in the van (sorry, it's a San Francisco stairs thingie). My clients seem to be quite happy with my cleaning (currently booked three weeks in advance). Willing to bet that my clients are pretty much as happy as yours.

and....................it ain't the tool buddy. Oh, sorry, did I already say that :winky:

P.S. Will it take my company to the next level?

Your right...I should of not said anything about the T-rex...because I have never used one...but a couple things kicked in when I saw it.....and for me I would feel worse if I knew something and did not say it then to let people find things out the hard way after they spent there money...I just give my opinions...what people decide after that is up to them...

and..I am more then sure your clients are as happy as mine.....no one is saying other wise.......

But it will take your company to another level of cleaning...Me...Russ...and a large handful of others and all our clients have figured this out...and we speak from experience ...
Experience from using it on a daily bases.....

Reactions: ruff

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I thought the new zipper was going to be a RE killer? Anyone using a zipper for residential instead of a RE?? If i got a V/AT I was thinking dual 13" zippers would be the way to go? Do you dual wanders run 2 RE's at the same time? I have a standard 3 swooped head 360i and have not used it in 2 years. I may dig it out of the shop this week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom