Thank you for approving me.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
http://www.iicrc.org/coming-clean-about-carpet-survey-results-a-60.html

Check out what % actually hire a professional. Your 100k base just got slashed to 39k. One stat I read says that 75% of people NEVER deep clean their carpets. So that base could go as low as 25k.

How many cleaners also service in that area? Divide the 25-39k by that.

Factor in that on average people professionally clean only every 3 years or more...(even tho it's recommended to be done every 18-24 months). Plug that into your 25-39k divided by your completion who is also servicing that base.

Now convince those people to use you over the guy they have been using or the cheapest guy....

How then do you plan to get these customers? Start up companies need a big % of money dedicated toward marketing and building brand/clients.

Not saying it can't be done, but....eyes wide open.

Reactions: Russ T. and Willy P

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
http://www.iicrc.org/coming-clean-about-carpet-survey-results-a-60.html

Check out what % actually hire a professional. Your 100k base just got slashed to 39k. One stat I read says that 75% of people NEVER deep clean their carpets. So that base could go as low as 25k.

How many cleaners also service in that area? Divide the 25-39k by that.

Factor in that on average people professionally clean only every 3 years or more...(even tho it's recommended to be done every 18-24 months). Plug that into your 25-39k divided by your completion who is also servicing that base.

Now convince those people to use you over the guy they have been using or the cheapest guy....

How then do you plan to get these customers? Start up companies need a big % of money dedicated toward marketing and building brand/clients.

Not saying it can't be done, but....eyes wide open.
Welcome miss Sunshine! LOL :)

Reactions: hogjowl

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I can protect carpet , furniture and etc and double that 219.00 easily. In 1 hr. Alot of people here are very smart. Takes a reputation which is trust. Built on customer relationship.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
You should know by now I'm one of the biggest supporters of people, Tom.

I'd be happy to help him out, and I feel part of helping is giving a realistic picture of what he's up against.

Like I said, it is possible...just look at all of us who beat the odds.... And we didn't have the support of a board like this.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
You should know by now I'm one of the biggest supporters of people, Tom.

I'd be happy to help him out, and I feel part of helping is giving a realistic picture of what he's up against.

Like I said, it is possible...just look at all of us who beat the odds.... And we didn't have the support of a board like this.

I am all for you just the reality of this business is harsh sometimes. Not knocking you just the reality of our industry.

Buying equipment is the easy part.

Guys need to get the focus off of Gear and Juice and onto Management and Sales.

Everyone starts with the last thing you should be thinking about.
Gear and juice should be your last thought not your first.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Its easy money if you have a regular job or your wife supports the family. We don't want to scare you away. Some days will be easy money. Just remember. Easy come, easy go. This board is the reason I'm still in business. So read every day, ask questions. If it sounds to good to be true ,it probably is. You are a newbie so beware who you buy from. Many make a living selling to newbie's and leaving them with junk and dead end leads. Beware of other boards and their hype about stuff. Lots of good people here .
Good luck

Mikey P

Administrator
Its easy money if you have a regular job or your wife supports the family. We don't want to scare you away. Some days will be easy money. Just remember. Easy come, easy go. This board is the reason I'm still in business. So read every day, ask questions. If it sounds to good to be true ,it probably is. You are a newbie so beware who you buy from. Many make a living selling to newbie's and leaving them with junk and dead end leads. Beware of other boards and their hype about stuff. Lots of good people here .
Good luck

Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Don't quit your driving job yet buddy.

52,000 gross is nothing to hoot about, and most likely years away, if even possible, when coming in ice cold with no experience, no advertising budget, and little computer/InterWeb knowledge.

Your safest bet is to consider this new endeavor VERY LIMITED/SEASONAL/PART TIME AT BEST for the foreseeable future, and maintain a steady income from another source, or you'll be selling all the rest of your toys, including your new CC equipment before you know it.

Last edited:

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Makes me wonder. My interest getting into this business was:

1. Needed a change in life from previous job. Worked 75-110 hrs per week as National Transportation Mgr for Coca-Cola. Home 1 day per week if lucky. (Need and frustration established)

2. Use to hire Carpet Cleaners to clean our carpets, but tried a rug doctor one day, thought not too bad. Kinda fun. (New career analysis and interest peak)

4. Used to see 3 - 4 truckmounts headed to my town as I went to work. (Market opportunity study complete)

5. Studied business on internet for 6 months and talked to many many people. (Can I make enough $ to pay my bills and retire study)

6. Worked my tail at Coca Cola 6 more months, took a $40,000 performance bonus and walked. (Ready, Set, Go Done)

7. Next week purchased a brand new 2005 GMC with Prochem Peak and a ton of accessories, $50000.00 spend. Keep in mind, zero customers at this point, never seen up close touched or even ran a truckmount at this point. Experience cleaning carpets was only using rug doctor twice in my home. (Now I really needed a check up from the neck up study!)

8. Two more months and it will be 10 years. I never looked back nor worked another job to supplement my income. The lifestyle I had when working for Coca Cola was great, but I have surpassed that and it is so much better now.

9. Successful I believe because 1.) I studied this business extremely hard before I started 2.) I have a Marketing Degree 3.) I feel that I will work harder than anyone to learn something new and to get the job done. 4.) And most importantly, my wife Kim has been by my side and supported me all these years. We started dating when she was 14, I was 15, both have college degrees, and we married at age 23. I'm 45 now. (Jeepers Mark!)

10.) In 2014 we received the 2014 Entrepruener of the Year Award for the entire Moshannon Valley. Quite surprised and humbled to say the least. (Pictures below with Award and a nice letter from the US House of Representatives Congressman Glenn Thompson. Worth expanding and reading I think!)

Oops, just realized my college degree wasn't all that great (still can't count to 10, I missed bullet point #3 above) Oh well, forget the college degree advice it was just a four year party anyways - no real learning involved!

The point I believe is this: You can do anything in this business you dream, but you are likely to fail, if not once, many times over. Always have faith, gain tremendous knowledge because it will save you years of working hard, but then start working harder than those around you if you want that dream.

GOOD LUCK KIRK CHASING THAT DREAM AND YES I AM HOLLERING AT YOU TO NEVER EVER QUIT LEARNING FROM THE BEST!

20150117_074206.jpg
20150117_074357_005.jpg

Last edited:

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
You could type in pig Latin and I would pay attention.
Seriously man I took 4 pages of notes from your part at MF.
Could you tell my wife my bad typing and spelling is ok. I have been banned from sending anything out that the girls in the office have not looked over.

Thanks for the kind words on my talk. I am working on this years hopefully I can follow up well.
We have some new ideas we have been implementing that I will be able to share in Florida.
Looking forward to talking while we are there.

Last edited:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Dont let these guys drag you down. Starting and running a money making carpet cleaning biz is as easy as this...

Call AT and get financed for a $119,000 truck, another $5000 advertising wrap, another $15,000 in equipment, ( $1300 wand, air paths, rotory machine, upholtsery tools ect.) then sit back and watch the phone ring.

Thats all you have to do. Easy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom