The MFE Boxing Ring!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Heck, just keeping the blower protection filters nice and clean is one of the easiest and best ways to maximize your TM's performance. That and making sure the vac relief is working properly.

Mine in the Cleanco 47 need cleaned almost daily but sometimes I can go just a little longer.

Reactions: SamIam

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Stan W put a 1./5 inch pmf Titanium wand with a 8 ft whip ( attached to a TM) in my hands and jokingly said " Here is the future"..

Mysf and a dozen other very experienced cleaners were all very impressed with it's preformance.

Pleanty if every thing to get the job done.

For that matter the Vacuum on the Dwell Pros at the show really impressed the crowd as well..

Plenty to clean a carpet within 50 (of two inch hose)

Im guessing Marty got the Cleanco. It too really impressed the crowd. Many were trying it for the first time..

20150909_134929.jpg

We threw the 1 1/2" whip (dump hose) on the 1200 SE this past week instead of needing to add another 50' section of 2".

I love how easy it makes things, but it instantly turns the 48 blower into a 45 or even a 36 if things get a bit foamy.

Just my opinion, I know a lot of guys use them all the time.

Reactions: Mikey P

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Marty, why don't you take your current wand down to 6 flow to test for a week or 2?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I completely believe those numbers are the real numbers with a 12 flow wand. The truck mount manufacturer that had a gauge 45° more, I think that's crazy to mislead people like that. I hope it wasn't on purpose to make them look better. I have a 12 flow wand with temperature gauge atw and I've used it with a cds with salsa, pro 1200 and my 870 and the are the same numbers I had.

I don't think the manufacturer had any intention of saying misleading information, just as we all know, gauges can have variables.

I think again all units were great, it was awesome to see them there and every one of these units help us all make money to support us and our families... We are lucky people to have manufacturers will to invest in all of us :)

Reactions: Art Kelley

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I've went though at least 4 temperature gauges over the past 5 years or so and they all read just about the same temperature. I can see a little change in temperature between gaugesbut not 45°. Maybe they just found one they really like.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Who is the genius who came up with a 1.5" dump hose?

This genuis. I had it so I use it. Rolls up nice and compact in the van. I don't see any disadvantages.

You ever try to coil up an 8' piece of 2" and have it not instantly spring open?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Each unit at 400 psi, each manufacturer allowed to maximize out what they needed (if they could at the moment) to get best results.

No Vac tests done as no tool available... And time was a real issue... We were so busy trying to help and allow people to try everything during the show ... It was crazy...

So, it was an on site, "it is what it is" moment and meant to be good fun as well.

Truly the units did great...

Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Mark, this is something I deal with all the time - My instrument reads different than my customers meter. They usually ask "how do you know yours is the right one? Good point! Unless the meter has been checked by a standards lab and I have a current certificate I have no real way (short of testing in an ice bath and/or boiling water) to know who is right. I don't know what you all used, but the same question could be asked - are you sure yours was the accurate meter? Something to think about....

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I would like to think 99% temperature gauge would be + or - 1-2°. Like I said before I did the same 12 flow test on 3 of those machines tested and pretty much came out with the same results.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark, this is something I deal with all the time - My instrument reads different than my customers meter. They usually ask "how do you know yours is the right one? Good point! Unless the meter has been checked by a standards lab and I have a current certificate I have no real way (short of testing in an ice bath and/or boiling water) to know who is right. I don't know what you all used, but the same question could be asked - are you sure yours was the accurate meter? Something to think about....

Exactly and you just said it better :)

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I would like to think 99% temperature gauge would be + or - 1-2°.

I'm definitely not saying the meter was off, but I deal with temperature (and pressure, and PH, and humidity, and flow, etc.) meters on a daily basis for my day job, and unless you have spent hundreds or more on a meter it would be a miracle to find one with 1 or 2 degree accuracy and repeatability. Granted, one that is off by 45° is most likely broken.

What if our meter was off by 10° and theirs was off by 35? You would still have two readings that differed by 45°......

Video to follow! :biggrin:

Reactions: Mark Saiger

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
It would have been interesting if they would have recorded what ATM temps were according to factory guages during the testing.

I'm guessing all over the board even though ATW were all pretty similar.

Name
Lee Stockwell
This genuis. I had it so I use it. Rolls up nice and compact in the van. I don't see any disadvantages.

You ever try to coil up an 8' piece of 2" and have it not instantly spring open?
I was actually talking about a 1.5 drain valve which inhibits quick drainage.

Prefer RV standard 3" with RV drain fittings.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I was watching during some of the Temperature testing, and thought the main setup was designed well.

The readings ATW matched pretty well what we have observed with our similar stainless 2% accuracy gauges.

Mark, Mikey and other participants deserve a hand for putting the hours & effort in,
to obtain accurate test info.

Welcome to the world of testing .

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Sneak back into the kitchen and get them to boil some water in a pan and immerse your thermometer in it. At 2200 feet elevation (Las Vegas) water boils at 208° - that'll get you to within a degree or so (depending on the exact barometric pressure that day).....

There are a number of sites that will calculate the boiling point of water given your elevation or (more accurately) the current barometric pressure. Here's one:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/h2oboilcalc.html

If you use the baro pressure and are careful, you can check your thermometer calibration to very close tolerances.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Aint no way that Hydramaster meter was accurate

if i understand this right....these temps were measured ATW, not machine

to anyone that's actually seen/cleaned at 240+ temps ATW, it would be pretty obvious compared to 200, i think .
different sound/different characteristic

If the HM temp gauge was showing 250 ATW, did anyone look to see what the gauge on the TM was showing ??

..L.T.A.

Reactions: SamIam

Mike Draper

The butler will do best under load with the constant flow of a rotovac or hoss, even in the winter (20 deg.+)it will hold 190 ATW with a rotary. With my high heat butler I was exactly right were the testing you guys did. With the wand it will always be less becuase your not putting as much of a load on the blower. Guys say that 195 ATW is good enough, and I agree. Only problem is in the middle of the winter when its 20 deg outside. Those temps drop like a rock and your not even close to 195 ATW. I can hold 210 ATW when its 0 degress out. Which is why its hard for me to want to go back to an HX. I run an 18 flow TI wand.
On another note, the AT wasnt sustaining those temps soley becuase of pre-heated weater. Their HX is massive compared to the rest of the competition. I forget the exact amount of copper in there, but its substantially more than any of its competitiors.

Back
Top Bottom