Tom Conway Devpro Wand, board hype...

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
put a short slot on it...it makes a difference on that wand......after testing and testing against other wands...I could not find a wand that moved the air better then the westpac...and after all these years of standing behind it...I retired them and now I use Tom's wand.......so if you like...face book message me you address and I will give you one of my short slot glides and you can see if you like it...if you do....keep it..if not..send it back..

Jim, nice to have you back on here everyday. Look forward to more post,hopefully you can outpost Chavez.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
ive 13 more years of this cleaning sh.., can't see wanding the bulk of jobs any longer. 10+ years of it up until Feb of this year. Hit my edges with a 12" glided and RE the rest. My 14" WestPak is buried in there somewhere just for a spare. I see Saigers employees swinging and smiling and think ya, wait till your 40's and then mid 50's. Best thing a young guy can do is ditch wanding any open field and preserve your joints and tendons. Vac the sh.. of every commercial you can and encap it. Don't wish the DevPro guy any disrespect but it's like a selling a carpenter the latest framing hammer and saying ya now go beat the sh.. out of yourself.

Reactions: dealtimeman

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I agree to a certain point, if your in the trade you might as well have the best "hammers" in your tool chest.

I wouldn't get rid of a rotary for any wand but toms wand is. Ice for smaller machines looking for a major suck upgrade.

It is not a rotary, not even close with a glide on it. But would imagine { speculating have t cleaned with one other than a demo) that a crb and devpro combo is killer.

But yes it is defineatly not a tool to make your job "easier" by any means as it will have much more suck than anything else you connect to your machine.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
it will have much more suck than anything else you connect to your machine.
Looks like Marty and Mark really like the wand. Mikey has said it may be too much for me and the bigger Butler...500 cfm blower... but he has a 370 so...
My main interest is the swivel and the build quality... If I needed to, which I doubt, could I calm it down a little with glides? Tom mentioned something about doing that a while ago. @TConway

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
He is evolving/developing a vac relief glide which will provide relief at the wand. The prototype was cool.

Didn't get to test its relief properties but the way it attaches to the wand is very nice and is what more cleaners (I believe) will like the most.

It goes on with no heat, no mallet, no fuss and it goes on in about 5 seconds and off in ten seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator
Looks like Marty and Mark really like the wand. Mikey has said it may be too much for me and the bigger Butler...500 cfm blower... but he has a 370 so...
My main interest is the swivel and the build quality... If I needed to, which I doubt, could I calm it down a little with glides? Tom mentioned something about doing that a while ago. @TConway

Let an RE do the work Grampy..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mark;

In your devastator video, you stated "8 flow vs our usual flow"

What flow were you using on a 14" wand before ??
Mark;

understanding the air flow and the way this wand works...and just the recovery it gives me....there is absolutely no doubt in my mind...I could put it up to 10 or even maybe 12 flow and it would still give me great results.....the recovery on it is incredible....on my thermalwave and my 570..it is pulling like I have it hook up twice the blower that are in my machines....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Almost pulled trigger on one but decided to try something first.

Had a job we tried to reset, no electricity, water was off at the street crap every where.

Had to pull my holed glide of my westpac 12 inch head 2 inch wand. Pulled up the carpet and almost killed my young helper.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpeg

Throw that away

Reactions: dealtimeman

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I just got back from the annual Proline event in Sacramento. Tony Dang was there with several wands. Looks like some fine progress has been made.

I played with it for a while hooked up to one of the truck mounts there. It had a slot glide with fair sized gap in the glide. Sucked pretty good. Inside chamber was slanted for good airflow.

Titanium tube and Aluminum head as I recall. Some powder coated in blue, red, speckled head and black, gray, unpainted tubes. Unpainted were not as hot to the touch sitting in the sun as the painted tubes.

The swivel on the wand looks pretty fine quality. I am not that mechanical, but he had a swivel apart that showed it was a long lasting needle bearing unit that should be trouble free.

There was a choice of 4 jet and 6 jet wands. You can remove the middle jet on each side of the head and it will leave the 4 remaining jets evenly placed apart, giving some flexability to use a 4 or 6 jet wand.

Price was about half the Devpro wand.

That being said, Chris (Vortex/AT) and Martin (Steam Way Powermatic) from the foothills both were at the Proline shindig, and they were very impressed with the Devpro wand they had seen in Las Vegas and liked it better than the Cal Tools wand.

I have not seen or had my hands on the Devpro, so I am in no position to compare. Only seeing Tony's wand today, it looks like it is well worth the money. Of course Tom's wand may be worth what it costs as well.

One more thing that could be a positive or a negative depending on your viewpoint. The fittings are all enclosed in the wand. Advantage is you could throw that wand around and never break or put out of adjustment the jets. Disadvantage might be adjustability, though once you have your jets where they work right, why readjust them anyway?

Martin mentioned to me that that there may be some interesting things Tom has up his sleeve that may improve extraction capabilities, even if you already own a Devpro wand.

I think I learned a lot today, but I wish I knew more. :)
Was everyone at that damn event? How did I miss that!

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Facebook is the Goodwill of the Cleaning Industry.

there is actually a lot of good knowledgable people there...but Lee is correct...there is no balance..but just like every place else you go...everything is black and white..no grey any where...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If everyone actually remembers way back before glides...and we were all wand cleaning ..the filters were always getting full...then glides came along and it broke the surface tension and allowed the air to move more freely..but...it did not dig out all the crap down in the carpet.....carpets looked great...but all that stuff was is in there...and the further you stretched your hoses...the more you left in there....I have never seen a wand dig out as much as Tom's wand...with a glide...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I must report my first complaint on the Devpro. The extraction is sooooo good that when I have my machine on high heat I have to wear a glove because the handle gets too hot from the water getting sucked up. The first time in 20 years.

amazing isn't it...pull back on a wet pass and the wand gets so hot....then how fast it cools down and starts getting cold on a dry pass...that air is flat moving..

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark;

12 Flow on my other wands and Zippers....

I haven't experimented yet with upping the flow but looking at setting one wand to 12 flow just to see what it will do.

So far, the 8 flow has been nice, but definitely want to see what a 4 jet 12 flow will do....

rick imby

Name
Rick

Just squirt the water straight out of the hose--Don't need not stinking Jets--the Genuine Dev-pro will suck it up.

Tom---A new nickname for your wand---call it the Genuine Dev-pro or "The Genuine" for short.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare
Back
Top Bottom