TRINITY vs TM VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
See ya

Gona miss some of ya

I agree, Mardie is obviously clueless when it comes to actually removing dirt, but he does provide a different point of view. I don't think he should be banned for it.

His snotty mouth, maybe...

Some day hopefully he will be too busy to use his VS(or whatever) and spend four hours on a two hour job. He will finally understand truckmounts. I'd like to see his face after the first day w/it.

Reactions: Connor
Name
Todd
This video was filmed the same day as the first video. This house was earlier in the day when I was having problems with the spray system and the video explains a little about why I wasn't using it. I didn't film the actual mixing of the chems but I can assure you I wasn't spraying just water, Mardie. This job wasn't very dirty but you can still see a difference if you watch it in 720p HD. Every time I tested the Trinity the result were always the same. My Conclusion is that it failed at being a stand alone system in a residential environment. I will not settle for substandard results knowing that a competitor will come in behind me with a TM and rinse the film out of the carpet and make me look like a fool to my customers.

http://youtu.be/bo-KJre9iNk

John G

Randy you are such a blowhard and a hypocrite.

Rule #1 of OPing

Posted by RandyRoyer on January 07, 2006 - 06:39 PM -
Sounds good to me.Ban them.Then shut down the blue board,and let Evan deal with them.Atleast then they have to email each of us one at a time with their BS and insults.I think there is bitterness due much to high Truckmount payments.John,I really think the "blue board" has probably hurt your business.Guys looking to get op,encap,or Vlm equipment find your site and get blasted repeatedly by these guys.If they happen to get on the board before calling you,chances are that customer is lost for good.I recently met a new cleaner that purchased equipment from another sourse, even after I had specificly referred you.Unfortunatly it reflects on your company when non-hwe guys get harassing emails after registering on your site. Some take this all too serious,and I think it hurts your sales unfairly.The whole point of BBS marketing is to make sales,these clowns are taking money out of your pocket with all this bashing.
Home Depoe Buys Chem-dry
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 09, 2006 - 04:29 PM -
Join forces in the War against HWE.This is going to be a neat thing to watch over the next few years.The publicity concerning low moisture cleaning alone will benefit the op/encap cleaners.I think Shaws position on Hwe and requiring certified firms starting in 2008 just got shot to Heck.
E: What is your average
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 09, 2006 - 07:38 PM -
Encapping residentials $30.00 per room.Commercial range 10 to 40 cents depending on the size of the job or the amount of work they give us.

RE: When to use Abstraction
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 10, 2006 - 08:40 PM -
Steve,John always has it right.He started cleaning carpet back when they would hang the rugs from the tress and beat them with big sticks,prior to rinsing in the RIVER NILE
: A New and Better Name for OP
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 17, 2006 - 01:04 AM -
I like "The hot water extraction REPLACEMENT." or Super soakerless cleaning (SSC)
Sure cool to OP clean! -40 degrees at 2pm today...
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 22, 2006 - 04:44 AM -
Yep,no more cold weather stress here either.Over the years I tried so many different methoeds of truckmount winterization,small keroscene heaters,camp sytle propane heaters,electric heaters and long extension cords.I remember having to go find keroscene after a Christmas Eve service because the temp was dropping fast.I drove around with my then girlfriend for a couple of hours before I found a station that wasn't sold out.I remember her saying "Randy,don't you think there is a better way? " What an idiot I should have married her,she probably would have dragged me into VLM kicking and screaming.LOL

: For those who pad & HWE- BURN YOUR BRIDGES!
Posted by RandyRoyer on December 29, 2005 - 05:08 AM -
Good point Coby! An extractor (steamin demon) used to be on the truck 100% of the time just in case,now it never is except for greasey grimmy restaurants where I scrub/extract.That may change too ! I love being able to leave everything on the truck in the winter, except sprayers/chemicals/small spotting extractor. The winter load/unload hassle is a lot less (a few minutes)and a total BREEZE compared to unloading/winterizing the truckmounts (the last of which I finally was able to sell at a MAJOR LOSS last summer, after 2 years of being mothballed on a pallet waiting for a new home.NEVER again will I "invest" in one of those MONEY SUCKS).NEVER!
Apartment Cleaning....
Posted by RandyRoyer on December 29, 2005 - 05:58 PM -
Some guys see wand marks in their sleep.Thats pretty cool,learning the business at 11! I wish I could have.How much money would have been saved starting out with op instead of truckmounted hwe.Thats a really depressing thought.
Apartment Cleaning....
Posted by RandyRoyer on December 29, 2005 - 05:58 PM -
Some guys see wand marks in their sleep.Thats pretty cool,learning the business at 11! I wish I could have.How much money would have been saved starting out with op instead of truckmounted hwe.Thats a really depressing thought.
RE: IS IT SAFE?
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 01, 2006 - 09:44 PM -
Great this is going to be a gay friendly BBs that understands the special lifestyle issues of HWE addiction.I don't know which one is worse.
A marketable new name for the OP method?? Pt 2
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 04, 2006 - 06:46 PM -
The GEURKINK methoed.You just need to teach the entire marketplace how to pronounce it. LOL

If you can't figure out what to call your cleaning methoed,just stick to Hot water extraction,steam cleaning or super soaker cleaning. (Mold included at no extra charge.)
OP for a year now
Posted by RandyRoyer on January 06, 2006 - 09:13 PM -
FORREST, I CAN'T carry a tune,but have experienced the same situation since going VLM.I was thinking on the way home its going to go down to 22 degrees tonight, if I still ran TM's I would be doing the anti-freeze/heater thing tonight.What a relief not having to go through all that.To say nothing of all the maintence bills,downtime and cancelled jobs. Regardless of what the IICRC & SHAW Industries say VLM is the wave of the future.

Confessions of a carpet cleaner.....

randy royer on August 09, 2005 - 12:59 PM

I must admit I still do feel the need to defend my decision to purchase 2 truckmounts, even though The LAST ONE I will ever own was recently sold. The money I "invested" in truckmounts would have easily purchased a summer home, a used FERRARI, or made a heck of a contribution to my retirement program. Since going low moisture my cost have dropped, referrals have gone up, the amount of time I spend doing Non-revenue producing equipment maintenance has disappeared, the training time for new hires has dropped by more than half, and most important my net (Randy gets to keep Money) has skyrocketed). John if you had to live with the nightmares of being a truckmount operation for just a couple of years, you would understand why Truckmounters sometimes seem defensive. (getting beyond the emotional issues can be though LOL). They have made the decision to allow their operation to become a fixed cost, high overhead, complicated business. They are locked into a "in the box I am trapped "mentality. There is no healing that until one admits THERE IS A BETTER WAY, that happens to be more profitable. With respect to low moisture cleaning taking longer, that is a joke. Often it takes less time and hardly ever longer. We switched truckmount customers (both commercial & residential ) with no problem, which shocked me. I wish I would have admitted this to my self earlier. The only time we hwe now is for serious urine contamination (where we are using OSR) or restaurants (agitation with counter-rotating brush rinse with steamon demons.

Sincerely,

Randy Royer

And yes you signed up for this:
PadderLand BBS Rules:

Please note the following rules before using the PadderLand Bulletin Boards

1. We reserve the right to remove any postings, plus we reserve the right to ban bogus posters.

2. Profanity or off-color or anytype of vulgar remarks/graphics are not allowed and will result in removal of the posts and possibly the poster.

2A. Using the Lords name in vain will NOT be tolerated.

3. Personal attacks are not allowed, disagreements are expected, but as a professionals keep from personal attacks.

4. This board is here for the education of the cleaners. Do not abuse this privilege, this board is for education and free discussion with the intent of helping the cleaner better use his or her OP system.

5.This is a professional forum for business communications so it is appropriate for you to sign your posts. A signature box has been included so that if you desire to have a signature plain or HTML with your posts, you need simply fill in the box. It is also acceptable to place a link to your website.
This BBS is for OP carpet cleaning threads ONLY!
Please name your thread in a way that it will be easy to search for information later.
This is NOT a chat room, silly drivel will be deleted and posters will be warned.

6.PadderLand Bulletin Boards hereby disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of material submitted to the bulletin board. This is a discussion and message forum. By its very design and structure, a discussion list consists solely of contributions by various people. As it is physically impossible to verify all facts or truth in each message that is posted on this site, Carpet Care Systems & CCSOP.com and Padderland BBS disclaims any responsibility for content passed through this forum and for any repercussions to businesses or individuals that occur from distribution of said content. As a participant in this message board, you agree that you and you alone are responsible and liable for the content of any messages that you post and any repercussions that may occur from messages that you submit to this board.

7. All messages posted on this bulletin board become the copyrighted property of CCSOP.com and CCS and may be republished by CCS or CCSOP.com in whole or in part in other print. But is subject to copyright rules and is NOT to be used in any other print elsewhere.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It does appear John has the right to use it.

John I personally don't care one way or another but why would you want to use his post???? If they contact Randy it would be a negative not positive reference.

John G

Actually I did take it down, don't want any bogs referrals on my web.

Mikey, you DID read it didn't you? LOL

The guy is all over the place...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Arc Light refers to the 'area raids' by swarms of B-52s on targets in Vietnam. Col. David Hackworth, one of the real life models for Kurtz from Apocalypse Now, referred to finding NVA wondering about in a complete stupor up to a week after such a drubbing.

Occasionally whole NVA divisions were destroyed at once, if caught out in the open. Other times, we blew up a lot of jungle.

Sorry to go all Dennis Miller on the thread.

Arc light raids could also be compared to "Rolling Thunder" bombing runs in VN. Although I was never there, I had many friends that were stationed in LZ's that were located near the raid zones. They say it's absolutely nothing you would ever forget, even at many miles distance. They would take cover on the ground, and the bomb impacts would toss them into the air. I'm sure there were a lot of crapped uniforms back then. The awsome scattered power of the B52. My Father also participated in such raids during WW2. He would fly as lead Bombadier with 100's of B24's in tow. When he got over the intended target, he toggled his bombs, and all the following planes did too. Absolute destruction.

So much for carpet cleaning comparisons.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Arc light raids could also be compared to "Rolling Thunder" bombing runs in VN. Although I was never there, I had many friends that were stationed in LZ's that were located near the raid zones. They say it's absolutely nothing you would ever forget, even at many miles distance. They would take cover on the ground, and the bomb impacts would toss them into the air. I'm sure there were a lot of crapped uniforms back then. The awsome scattered power of the B52. My Father also participated in such raids during WW2. He would fly as lead Bombadier with 100's of B24's in tow. When he got over the intended target, he toggled his bombs, and all the following planes did too. Absolute destruction.

So much for carpet cleaning comparisons.

I stand corrected.......Arc Light and Rolling Thunder were 2 different campaigns, but were simular in carpet bombing.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
7. All messages posted on this bulletin board become the copyrighted property of CCSOP.com and CCS and may be republished by CCS or CCSOP.com in whole or in part in other print. But is subject to copyright rules and is NOT to be used in any other print elsewhere.

Dang John. You just kicked Randy square in the nuts. But you still have to show up in court when he sues you. LOL

F

FB7777

Holy shit, Geurkink well played!

You're still a broke dick supplier to me, but you did illustrate once again that there are no shortage of morons on this bulletin board

Randy Royer

Name
Randy
Where does one start when dealing with such incredible ignorance. First off you don't EVER have common law copyright on something you yourself didn't author. A board administrator/ owner can invent whatever terms in fine print he wants, BUT it has no standing in areas governed by established law. Copyright is well established within the United States as in Title 17. Internet related copyright is a well established body of law within the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. Fair USE is established law under sections 107-118 of Title 17.

Nice try John, but you are an idiot.

A board operator can't “make up his own law” and be dumb enough to think that is going to be an affirmative defense in court, can he ? Section 107-118 actually specifically prohibits use of the Fair USE Law as an affirmative defense where the copy was used commercially. Posts to an internet site doesn't magically create a common law copyright transfer to the board owner. That has been litigated already, several times and is well established and current case law. The Digital Millennium Copyright ACT of 1998 came about because of these types of cases.

This is where John becomes Ken Harris ISH in my view.

What John did here was lift text written by myself and use it as a testimonial to sell equipment that didn't even exist when I wrote it. He knew very well that I was NOT EVER a user of his equipment and that I was speaking to the topic of VLM in general, NOT his company or equipment. His intent was obviously to deceive the reader and sell his equipment. That is fraudulent, illegal, dishonest to the core and I will have no part in my name being used in such a manner to deceive my fellow carpet cleaners. John, you will be receiving a formal cease & desist within a few days. If anytime in the future you or your company disregards it, I promise you I will seek judicial review immediately and without further warning. I have access to preserved screen shots and substantial monetary damages as allowed by law will be sought if this misuse and deception occurs again.

With respect to my fanatical embrace of VLM, that isn't exactly news to anyone that has been reading any of the boards for like the last 15 years , and I'm just as happy to be truck mount free as I was back when I made those posts. I'm not really sure what John was seeking to accomplish with all these posts from 10-15 years ago, as I have been advocating VLM even on this board for a very long time, JUST NOT HIS EQUIPMENT OR

Last edited:

Randy Royer

Name
Randy
COMPANY. That being said I have always utilized some form of HWE in some cases. For a long time I operated 6 steamin Demons at the Pentagon, a military base and many large scale government training centers. Recently I purchased a Cross America Cub for small areas and occasional upholstery work and I'm pretty happy with it. Getting away from truck mounts was the correct decision for me without a doubt. The money that I have saved in not buying and maintaining truck mounts over nearly 15 years now has allowed me investments outside of the industry that now produce more income than my carpet cleaning business. Unfortunately just about any business that is doing about the same annual volume as the average carpet cleaning business will sell for many times what the carpet cleaning business will. Even multi- truck operations sell for low figures. Realizing that I have pursued building a business that is focused on commercial work and diversified into other areas. Capital that would have been spent on truck mounts and maintenance of them has been invested, instead of spent on “assets” that depreciate rather rapidly. I purchased a SUB franchise, invested in a 78 child daycare center with a partner, and bought a hair/ nail salon out of bankruptcy that I have leased to a operator of five similar locations. Sooner or latter you must get beyond the owner/ operator thing as it can't go on forever. VLM made that much easier for me to work towards that goal. A recent cleanfax survey stated that something like 60% of carpet cleaners net less than $50,000 a year. I'm just not interested in being part of that demographic and have learned that a couple of 19” cimex units properly utilized can give you more NET than a couple of truck mounts cranking out residential work everyday.

Reactions: Zee and Desk Jockey

John G

Wiggle, wiggle, squirm, squirm...blah, blah, blah..

Your referral was on vlm equipment...and it accurately show your confessions of going from hwe to vlm, noting was said about "whose equipment" it was, simply a
method to method..

BTW you sure type a lot..

Reactions: Art Kelley

John G

( remember that time I made your cry in my garage?)

No, actually I don't.

You don't either.

Mikey P

Administrator
Oh sure I do. ..Everyone there vividly recalls you trying to grind in some sort of a visible difference into that carpet. .

It was quite the spectacle.

John G

Actually MIkey you set me up with a green carpet filled to the top with soil, could I clean it, YES, would it have taken a LONG time, YES<
Did you clean it? NO< you took some off the top and claimed yourself a winner.
I still have the conversation with Tony if you like, I started hearing the crap on the way home.

Re: john G vs. mike p.
Posted By Tony Wheelwright on 3/7/2006 at 8:16 PM
I was there Steve and here is what I saw on the first beige moderatly soiled Nylon carpet:

1/ Both halves were pre-vacuumed.

This is a step frequently done by vlm'ers and rarely by TM operators, IMO

2/ John went first and did his OP thing for literally a 4 minutes, using only 1 Pad which turned a medium gray on both sides.
John, thought that he was just competing with a wand (like most tech work) hooked up to one of those unmentionable TM's. Carpet looked good and was damp to touch. Terry B gave it a swipe with a clean white cotton towel and got almost no transfer.

3/ Mike the proceeds to do what very few tm techs do - he presprayed the carpet & spent about 3 minutes scrubbing it in with a Rotary and a Red buffing Pad.

4/ Mike then went over this carpet a few times with his unmentionable brand tm and a few more dry strokes than most would do - 4 minutes.

5/ Mike then put a dry cotton Pad on his Rotary and Post Padded (again something few actually do) using both sides of the Pad for another 3 minutes.
Terry gave it a swipe with a clean white cotton towel and got almost no transfer.

Conclusion, the carpet was pulled outside where visually there was no diference and bsides dried quickly.

Mike took longer but he charges more than John does. John's set up & break down was way faster, his equipment is cheaper but not as versatile re Furniture and pressure washing etc.

I'm the proud owner of the world's most reliable TM - Genesis 59 and one of John's Brute's with no agenda. Both guys are honerable gents and a credit to the industry.

To keep this in perspective, I had 2400 dollar machine against a rotary and a 100K TM, you used two methods, I used one.

Posted By steve G. on 3/7/2006 at 7:43 PM
what where the results of the cleanoff, I would be interested in everyones opinion which attended "the event"

I already know how HWE cleans john G claims he can clean with us, he has even shown some before and after pics. Is this method the real deal or not??

Posted By Dirk Wingrove on 3/7/2006 at 7:58 PM
Real deal. Just takes a lot longer on nasties.
Posted By Albert on 3/8/2006 at 12:55 AM
The first few pieces of carpet were lightly soiled and the results were about the same IMO. The real comparison was that green carpet which was quite soiled. This is where vlm stops and hwe takes over as far as I'm concerned. HWE took out alot more dirt then John.

Posted By Mikey P on 3/8/2006 at 1:39 AM
This coming from a Chem Dry Zombie.

Normally I would have sprayed and scrubbed the green one twice it was so bad.

It also didnt get the vacuuming it deserved seeing how it was still wet from exposeur.

john G vs. mike p.
Posted By John Geurkink on 3/8/2006 at 7:58 AM
Actually Albert, Mike stated the carpet was UNCLEANABLE, also he apologized to my dad for bringing in a carpet with 1/2" of crusted adobe on my end.

The competiton was to be me against Mike on commercial carpet.... not drving 6000 miles to try to clean a carpet neither of us would bother with in real world...

Mike, no matter WHAT you did, you would not have gotten that adobe out from the top...

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Mikey P

Administrator
I'd like to see the thread where I said it was supposed to be on commercial carpet.

And it was my method versus Johns.

I never said I would wand only.

Why would I?

John is the master of manipulation.

I removed far more soil than he did. Contest over.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
john G all that is necessary is to go and watch the video in the first post, check mate bitch. your machines and methods have a place and yeah sometimes its the answer over HWE. but its never ALWAYS the answer and it can never be stand alone. As soon as you start to see that you might gain some credibility around here, and perhaps sell more machines but your really just making yourself look like a stubborn old coot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom