Vortex got evicted... NOW I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Vortex got evicted... NOW I'M PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken does sound like a limp dick don't he?

I'm guessing he DVR's all them "Will and Grace" re-runs so he can watch them in hi def on that big 50" screen. blowme

Your a real animal Ken

stfu George, only I, the great one, can assault Mr Snow's perceived sexuality issues.

well, maybe Harper too cause he is so damn good at it. Would make a great Round Table session for Sacfest

spend your time and energy listening to Becker, he has you and your pitiful situation PEGGED!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Mikey P said:
Ken does sound like a limp dick don't he?

I'm guessing he DVR's all them "Will and Grace" re-runs so he can watch them in hi def on that big 50" screen. blowme

Your a real animal Ken

stfu George, only I, the great one, can assault Mr Snow's perceived sexuality issues.

well, maybe Harper too cause he is so damn good at it. Would make a great Round Table session for Sacfest

spend your time and energy listening to Becker, he has you and your pitiful situation PEGGED!

WTF is there some sort of under lying inuindo there :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

I know Mikey loves me cause he's abused me since before TWGCCF existed and Joe is the sharpest insulter around. I even enjoy reading him slapping me! Now if Chavez & that Turner guy get in the mix I'll have to tell more tales of their brief but memorable careers at Hagopian.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

Ok mr know it all Becker....

You get a crumb of info and you think you know everything.

You don't know Jack! and you haven't said one damn thing that I haven't already analyzed from three different angles minimum.

But, thanks again for your opinion.

I promise you that it is perfectly within the cc&r's for me to park my truck next to the house. And, if had gotten a fair shake from the current pricks on the board my bud and I wouldn't be running for the two upcomming seats. Thank you very much.

Also, there is one paid position responsible for dealing with the manutia of running an HOA. So, chairman position might not be too bad.

It was headed for a showdown. Either in a court of law or me and a pal on the board. Which would you choose?

I garauntee you if I parked my van there i'd start getting notices too.

Somebody is screwing with me under the guise of anaminity.

Think I'm just gonna roll ever and take it up the ass?

F$ck You!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

HEY CRAZY GEORGE....
put up yor HOA Email........and all the guys on the board here will "hep" ya......

get thrown out on yor snivelin' whinny ass! :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett

maybe we should ask the HOA people to join up and give their side of the story right here on the board. now wouldn't that be funny. if all of us pick up the crazy vibe from georgy here on the board, imagine what its like in person. !dork! !dork! :lol:

Becker

Name
Becker

I'm sure you are right.

Good luck to you.

But it seems you have already rolled over. Where is your vortex? Oh that's right sitting in a feild. And your Looking at gas heaters.

If you have the right to park it next to your house why is it in a feild while your back in your neighbor hood bent over letting the current board take turns with you?
Maybe a like it. I don't know.

If it was my truck and I had the right to leave it I'd not be parking in some feild.

Sounds like you have it under control.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I like this one, kinda fits except instead of a nasty commercial vehicle it was roses that couldn't really be seen on a 4 acre property
1. "We Can't Wait to Get Our Hands on Your Money -- Or Even Your Home."
A gardening violation. That's what landed Jeffrey DeMarco in hot water with his Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., homeowners association a few years ago: He planted too many roses on his four-acre property. Peeved, the association fined him monthly and sat back as the bills mounted. Then it placed a lien on his property and threatened to foreclose, according to DeMarco.

He took the board to court, but lost on the grounds that he had violated the association's architectural design rules. (In addition to planting roses, he also had regraded the site.) In the end, he got stuck with the association's $70,000 legal bill and lost his home to the bank. "Mr. DeMarco came into the community and wanted to step outside the rules," says Walt Ekard, the association manager. "That's a detriment to everyone."

Think it couldn't happen to you? Think again. Many people who belong to homeowners associations do not understand just how much power these groups have over them -- until they miss a payment or otherwise run afoul of the board. Fall a single day behind in paying your monthly dues, for instance, and the association may slap you with a fine. Fall 90 days behind and it may place a lien on your home and threaten to foreclose unless you pay up immediately. And because you often hand over the right of property trustee to the association when you agree to the by-laws, in some cases "you don't even get to go to court," says Evan McKenzie, a lawyer turned political science professor in Chicago and the author of Privatopia: Homeowner Associations and the Rise of Residential Private Government.

Your best defense, if you can afford it: paying what the association says you owe, then arguing. Most associations work on a "balance forward" accounting system, in which your payments go toward the outstanding balance. By delaying, you'll just accumulate more late fees.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

We're Incredibly Petty."
In many associations being hard-nosed about the rules is practically the board's raison d'etre. "Some of these board members have nothing better to do. So instead of taking care of the property, they censor people's lifestyles," says Vicki Satern of Common Ownership Alliance. She needn't tell Allen Warshaw. To ward off a neighbor who had attacked him with a log, he asked his Rockville, Md., board to bend the rules. He wanted a six-foot fence, two feet taller than allowed. When the application was denied, he sued -- and lost. Warshaw wound up with the association's bills, too. The total: $23,000 in legal fees, court costs and interest.

Humbled but determined, he built a shorter fence. "I wasn't really worried because the board had told me that they don't go out and measure fences," he says. As soon as the fence was up, several board members walked over to Warshaw's yard and measured it. And indeed, in some areas the fence was a few inches over four feet. The dispute continued. "They put a lien on property," Warshaw says. "They took all my savings, and they're garnishing my paycheck. It's like I am a common criminal. It has been devastating." Says Jeffrey Van Grack, the association's attorney: "The board made numerous offers to try to work out the payments, but Mr. Warshaw refused."

Sometimes the pettiness is more subtle. When one Virginia homeowner asked for permission to hang Christmas tree lights in 1992, the board didn't like the idea but didn't know how to prevent it. "We struggled with this one," says lawyer Benny Kass, who represented the association. "But we finally concluded that the restriction against hanging lights was valid because you were pounding nails into the wood, and that was a fire hazard." Ho-ho-ho.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

Becker said:
But it seems you have already rolled over. Where is your vortex? Oh that's right sitting in a feild. And your Looking at gas heaters.

Have you ever played the game of Chess before Becker?

Sometimes you have to move your King in order to score "checkmate" against your opponent. We've been at stalemate for a very long time now. They would have me in "check" if i ran for board with my truck still here. they would have disqualified me.... Hence, i moved my king.

If nothing good comes from it i hope to at least identify who on my street is complaining. That way i can find out why. If i'm truley creating a nuisance and distress I will happily keep my truck off-site permanently because I have respect.

On the other hand, if they are creating problems for me just because he's having a drunken nicotine fit and nothing better to do than f$ck w/ george. well? What would you do?

I have a feeling whoever is complaining is like a cockroach. As soon as light is shed he will take off running back into the shadows. If not, I'll simply keep my truck in the field and start shopping for another van.

No biggie... 8)

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

SIX BLOODY PAGES.

WHAT A W.O.F.T. !!!!!

Fair dinkum some of yews remind me of Neil Diamonds song, "Soggy Pretzels".

What ever happened to the old adage of taking responsibility for your own actions.?

:roll:

Becker

Name
Becker

Oh. Your playing a game. My mistake.

I thought you were working toward becoming hoa prez to right wrongs and run the hoa properely.

But now I see it is just to find out whom might have leveled a complaint and then what continue the chess game?

How many homes under your hoa?
I had 100, was not all fun and games. Hard to make everyone happy.

With your aditude you'll do fine !!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

George, you know this really isn't about your truck being parked behind the gate, right??

it's about you out there commercially washing rugs on your drive making all that damn racket

and I haven't clue what would possess an independent minded person to give up their rights as a property owner and allow a group of nibshittin' neighbors to tell you how big your dog can be , whether you can plant tomatoes or how you have to wipe your azz...

you willingly accept that so someone can mow your lawn and mulch the beds??? :roll:

that's just plain crazy to me

..l.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Larry is right!

In fact if I were you I wouldn't let them push you around. I'd fight tooth an nail, let them sell your home! But don't let them take your FREEDOM!

cesur-yurek-5165.jpg

P.S. ummm if you get yourself locked up over this.......well......I don't know ya! :mrgreen:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykw3W2ci-9A6]

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes.
You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be?
You need people like me.
You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie.
Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
So say good night to the bad guy! Come on.
The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you.
Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through!
Better get outta his way!

Judas Priest ~ You got another thing coming

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K7CNzFhnCE6]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

umm, yo Scarface, I'm curious, what made you decide to buy into a HOA in the first place??
just seems so out of character for a guy like you .

I'm serious, WTF appealed to you about them??
i don't get it

..l.T.A.

Becker

Name
Becker

For me my 1st choice would be property with good distance between me and my unresticted neighbor.

But having to live in a neighborhood I liked having restriction, hoa living was not a problem Problem is some people show their wealth with how many old cars they have sitting on blocks in the yard or dogs in the back yard.

Around here it is hard to buy a newer house not controlled by a developer, pud, hoa. But not all are equal. I read my cc&rs before I agreed to buy and got approval for my van/business before agreeing to buy.

The cc&rs protected me against a horrible fence and wood retaining wall a dude neighbor tried to build.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

ShortyDownUnder said:
SIX BLOODY PAGES.

WHAT A W.O.F.T. !!!!!

What ever happened to the old adage of taking responsibility for your own actions.?

Funny considering we have the most lawyers in the world, the fine print still escapes most people.

The bottom line is people move to a condo or HOA development to avoid vortexs, tow trucks, or landscaping trucks.
Not snooty, just detail. Like our best customers BTW.

Should know better, imo.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

Larry,

I sold my carpet cleaning biz in Cali due bike wreck. thought i'd never clean rugs again.

Bought this place in New Mexico. Tree lined common area's and next to the Rio Grande river and wildife open space.

Suprisingly, i made an 85% recovery in under 8 years. natually, i jumped back into the biz.

Can't afford to sell this place and buy another. Property values are down and difficult financing for self employed.

Might as well make myself comfortable.

my next property will be 2 acrea minimum with 8 foot walls around it. Almost bought one a couple months ago but didn't like the terms and too much uncertainty in this economy. seriously...

meAt said:
umm, yo Scarface, I'm curious, what made you decide to buy into a HOA in the first place??
just seems so out of character for a guy like you .

I'm serious, WTF appealed to you about them??
i don't get it

..l.T.A.

F

FB7777

George

Becker is making some very valid points even if you hate hearing them.

One specifically is, do you fully understand the amount of hours each month that will consumed running the board for your HOA?

I've suggested it in this thread already but I'll ask it again... do you know anyone that would be willing to make a few bucks garaging your V during the cold months and parking it outside on their property the rest of the year?
It would be MUCH cheaper in the long run compensating someone for this convenience vs chewing up countless unpaid hours managing an association.

and forget about the time, think about the fact that you would be moving on and focussing on operating your business so you can have the money for that 2 acre property that you desire so you can run your business without someone telling you what you can and cannot do

Fred

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Shane Deubell said:
ShortyDownUnder said:
SIX BLOODY PAGES.

WHAT A W.O.F.T. !!!!!

Funny considering we have the most lawyers in the world, the fine print still escapes most people.

The bottom line is people move to a condo or HOA development to avoid vortexs, tow trucks, or landscaping trucks.
Not snooty, just detail. Like our best customers BTW.

Should know better, imo.

Right on. We are not our customers. I live in a blue collar neighborhood where running a business out of your house is not frowned upon. I try not to disturb my neighbors because there is nothing worse than being at war at home. You cannot escape it. I don't live in a condo with HOA rules. I live in my own house. I cut my own ******* grass and blow my sidewalks when the snow falls. This picture of a day in front of George's place might be OK in my neighborhood, but not in front of a fancy ass restricted neighborhood that George's neighbors thought they had until he moved in:

IMAG0378.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker

Talk to a few people that have ran HOA's mine was only 100 homes, I thought I read yours is much larger and a body of only 3 on the board.. LOL have fun.

My guess is the paid help is not a decision maker.

We had a paid book keeper, paid the bills collected the dues, mailed shit for us.

But when it came to daily business we had a body of 5, plus 3 running the ACC.

I've not read you CC&Rs or bylaws.. So I have no clue as to your rights of running a business from your home.

But becoming prez would be the least of my concerns if I had an on going battle over the issue.

I'd get it settled once and for all..

gavin

being on the board of directors in my hoa is a must. You can get screwed pretty quick with just a couple of nuts that have too much time on their hands. I've been on the board of just a 13 unit HOA for 6 or 7 years now, the guy who was pres before me wanted to ban dogs over 10 lbs, and dna test dog poo to more accurately fine the owners. Having a vote on all the issues that come up is much better then just dealing with stuff at the general meeting.

even if you are not on the board reading and understanding all of the paperwork that comes with hoa's is a huge help. you can learn what needs to get put in writing.

I Bought one of my neighbors parking spaces for $500 and then spent another $500 to make it legal. She sold her unit, but the spot is still mine. Having an extra spot for the company van is nice.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

George III said:
Larry,

I sold my carpet cleaning biz in Cali due bike wreck. thought i'd never clean rugs again.

Bought this place in New Mexico. Tree lined common area's and next to the Rio Grande river and wildife open space.

sounds very nice, George ...'specially for NM.
I'm still a bit surprised you'd choose a HOA.
we share some similar personality traits, that's why it seems out of character to me

no matter, you're there , so make the best of it.
Fred and Becker are two sharp dudes
IMO, they're making the most sense on this thread

.L.T.A.

karvi

well i think maybe it would be worst as in personal appearance...
who will be nice to you if that would be your attitude?consider also the feelings of your neighbors...

-------Love your neighbor as you love yourself-------

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio

I lost the battle but may have won the waR...

My Vortex is still sitting pretty in my back yard where its been for the past three years.

The paid admin of our HOA would have lost her fat cushy job if had won.

I think they realize its in their best interest to look the other way regarding my work truck.

I rocked their world pretty hard core... that's was just a taste of what's to come.

More later... I got to knock out some commercial glue down now.

L8t

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Erskine Allin said:
George, you know this really isn't about your truck being parked behind the gate, right??

it's about you out there commercially washing rugs on your drive making all that damn racket

and I haven't clue what would possess an independent minded person to give up their rights as a property owner and allow a group of nibshittin' neighbors to tell you how big your dog can be , whether you can plant tomatoes or how you have to wipe your azz...

you willingly accept that so someone can mow your lawn and mulch the beds??? :roll:

that's just plain crazy to me

You "Peeps" gotta remember.....Larry can walk out in his back yard and fire just about any weapon in a 180* arc, and not hit a house.

Country livin'!

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom