Vortex replaced by a floor buffer

infamousdave

Name
Dave
Premium brands like Chevy, Ford and Dodge? I never said Hydramaster or other companies have changed their name, just their product line names to improve sales

First. I disagree any of these 3 companies would qualify as a premium brand

There are only 43 Brands in the world that are more premium than Ford since it is number 44 on the list of the world's most valuable brands.

Of course Ford has changed their product line names. Does Taurus or Fiesta ring a bell?

Last edited:

infamousdave

Name
Dave
John , let me just ask you this. Lets say I clean half a house (600) sf with trinity and figure I would use about 4 micro pads front and back. Then I clean the other half with a truck mount & rotovac. (equal soiling) Figure I would use about 20 or 30 gallons

With the TM & rotovac , I end up with about 20 or 30 gallons of black water, and 1 pound of sand , muck, hair, heavy debris, etc in my inline filter.

Contrast that with what ever dirt 4 micro pads can hold.

Do you belive your ATP test would show the OP side cleaner? And if so, wouldn't that only show that the test was flawed? Because everyone knows that 30 gallons of black water and 1 pound of gunk in the filter is holding way more filth then 4 micro pads. More then even 20 micros.

This is why I disregard the test, it conflicts with sound reason. I get that the trinity is "special" but it still is limited to what a pad can hold just like any other OP machine.

1. I don't think John is claiming that all of the dirt comes out on the pads these days. I think he is touting more of an encap process where the post vacuuming does some of the work as well.

2. Do you pre-vacuum before you HWE? How about post vacuum? I'm pretty sure most don't and if you don't that would account for the pound of muck in your filter, that's what's in my vacuum bag.

3. As far as the dirty water goes, you could agitate those 4 pads from your example above in your 20-30 gallons of clean water and it will look exactly like the water you pulled out of the carpet only I will not have left another 10-20 gallons of that dirty water in the carpet when I leave.

What you can't match is:

I have lower overhead so I can charge less and still make more.
I live in a cold climate so I don't have to worry about expensive equipment freezing up
I don't have to find a place to dump 50-100 gallons of dirty water LEGALLY every day.
I don't leave the customer's front door open to let in the cold or let out their pets.
I don't drag dirty hoses around the customer's house to scratch their hardwood floors or drywall corners.
By the time I leave the first rooms I did are usually dry and ready to use.
I've never had one single customer say that their carpets did not look as good or better than they did the last time an HWE guy did them.
I've had several customers tell me that I got out stains that the last HWE guy did not.

At the end of the day all that matters is that my customers are happy, I feel good about the job I did and I got paid.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
What about premium brands like Chevy, Ford and Dodge?

Without reading the following posts after this...I just have to throw this in there (and I have faith in others also will point it out): There is nothing premium about Ford Chevy Dodge...

Have you heard of some of the actual premium auto brands?? Yes pretty much all European brands..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
1. I don't think John is claiming that all of the dirt comes out on the pads these days. I think he is touting more of an encap process where the post vacuuming does some of the work as well.

2. Do you pre-vacuum before you HWE? How about post vacuum? I'm pretty sure most don't and if you don't that would account for the pound of muck in your filter, that's what's in my vacuum bag.

3. As far as the dirty water goes, you could agitate those 4 pads from your example above in your 20-30 gallons of clean water and it will look exactly like the water you pulled out of the carpet only I will not have left another 10-20 gallons of that dirty water in the carpet when I leave. None of us decent steam cleaning companies would leave 20-30 gallons of water behind..unless its a larger job, about 400,000 sqft...

What you can't match is:

I have lower overhead so I can charge less and still make more.
I live in a cold climate so I don't have to worry about expensive equipment freezing up For most of us thinking people, it is also a none issue.
I don't have to find a place to dump 50-100 gallons of dirty water LEGALLY every day. So what exactly is that you do to wash your pads?? Yes, you do a similar dumping through your washing machine..
I don't leave the customer's front door open to let in the cold or let out their pets. There are door gurds that help prevent that..
I don't drag dirty hoses around the customer's house to scratch their hardwood floors or drywall corners. Heard of corner guards?? Normal hoses will not scratch floors and also there is a way to put down floor protection
By the time I leave the first rooms I did are usually dry and ready to use. That is easily achieved on a daily basis on many many homes, decent steam cleaners work on.
I've never had one single customer say that their carpets did not look as good or better than they did the last time an HWE guy did them.
I've had several customers tell me that I got out stains that the last HWE guy did not. Not all technicians are the same...sadly a lot of so called steam cleaners are clueless and do bad work but let's not make this sound like none of the hwe guys could take out what you did..that is bs.

At the end of the day all that matters is that my customers are happy, I feel good about the job I did and I got paid.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
The excuse of you get stains that HWE didnt get out dont apply.

I get that after every HWE cleaner I follow as well.

:')

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Goes to prove that both of our methods work, wouldn't you say?

Oh I am in total agreement that OP is a useful tool in the Rig. Never disagreed about it. Did I stab at G? Of course, its good for him.

The sadistic one way only approach that is being spewed about it is starting to rattle some deep dark voodoo in some a the guys : )

Notice all the other OP salesman have been rather quiet lately......

There is a lesson to be learned in that itself, and I for one as a part of this community appreciate it and will remember it when an equipment purchase in on the books : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Goes to prove that both of our methods work, wouldn't you say?

Its a 20 year old argument, this is more like comedy hour then serious discussion.

Very few successful cleaners are cleaning just carpets with 1 method. For the millionth time almost all of us use low moisture to some degree.
we have 3 and a half cimexs and use them daily.

Reactions: Shorty
Name
Andy McFadden
Dave--"1. I don't think John is claiming that all of the dirt comes out on the pads these days. I think he is touting more of an encap process where the post vacuuming does some of the work as well.

2. Do you pre-vacuum before you HWE? How about post vacuum? I'm pretty sure most don't and if you don't that would account for the pound of muck in your filter, that's what's in my vacuum bag. --DAVE

3. As far as the dirty water goes, you could agitate those 4 pads from your example above in your 20-30 gallons of clean water and it will look exactly like the water you pulled out of the carpet only I will not have left another 10-20 gallons of that dirty water in the carpet when I leave. I]

Steamin Mc----As for point 1) John is claiming that his test shows that OP removes more contamination form a carpet then HWE. That's what I was challenging, pay attention Dave.

Point #2 Yes I do pre vacuum, and I still get all that gunk in my filter, WAY more gunk then a few pads can hold,,, and that is the point to be made.

Point #3 No Dave you are so wrong thinking a few pads will blacken 30 gallons of water to the same degree as waist tank water. I ran pads for years and know what filthy pads will do to water, the waist tank on a dirty job is a different animal. And wrong again in the silly assumption that 10 - 20 gallons of water would be left behind on a job where 30 gallons was recovered, That fact that you think this is true tells me VLM propaganda has gotten ahold of you.

However, thank you for addressing the points raised , this is the way to have a discussion/debate.

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
anyone ever worked on the figures of heating water..the cost of water and the soap costs it takes to clean those pads let alone the time and effort after a hard days work..PLUS the wear and tear of using the washer and dryer every day...
more and more direct drives are going wit the free AND safer heat of HX.......

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
It was a joke...

We have this old battle wagon that you have to kick a couple times to get her going.
Basically a back up.

Those machines always make the best memories : )

I can see ya kickin the snot outta that thing an someone walk in, lol

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It was a joke...

We have this old battle wagon that you have to kick a couple times to get her going.
Basically a back up.

I love old battle wagons.:rockon:Ol' Rusty is a 15 inch Mastercraft scrubber I bought for $200 15 years ago. I abuse the crap out of it and it just keeps going.I've done nothing to it, not even a plug end. I have 3 other scrubbers, but this old girl is my go to. mSometimes, things are just built well.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
As ive said before, I own both a Trinity and a Vortex. I would NOT run my business solely on VLM or HWE...

I have NO ulterior motive, I simply go on the things I can SEE, real results.

Here are two examples,

1st, Photos of our Trinity cleaning Carpet squares we have NEVER been able to get clean with HWE. We can go over and over it until the water runs clear, nothing makes this stuff look better... Except Orbital Cleaning, Our Trinity out-performing our Orbots by about 10% faster cleaning speed, our Cimex's yeild the same results as well on these same carpet squares, but tend to have more wicking issues.

IMG_1088_zpsdcaf4df9.jpg
IMG_1089_zpsbee37588.jpg

2nd photo is a heavily soiled area we clean weekly, mostly with the trinity as it yeilds great looking results and has almost zero wicking,
BUT due to all the back & forth on what removes more soil, I decided to do a real world test, Clean the entire thing with the Trinity, Pre-Vac with a super powered pile lifter, and follow with our fire breathing TM with a Zipper to see if we extract any soil, or if the sight tube would be clear:
IMG_1141_zpse242f748.jpg
(The right side is after being cleaned with HWE)
The sight tube not only looked like thick chocolate milk was coming out, our in-line filter was so full of grit and soil it must have weighed 10 pounds. This is with using both sides of 15 Microfiber pads, and 5 Gladiator pads afterwards to make sure it dried quickly. And our Pile lifter vacuum bag nearly full.

The carpet also was dry within 20 minutes after one additional dry stroke with the zipper, whereas we waited 45 minutes for it to dry after VLM cleaning.

The way I see it, VLM cleaning; especially with a superior tool like the Trinity will yield incredible visual results, But to truly remove the incredible amounts of soil I run in to, you need not only high flow/heat and insane vacuum, but good chemistry.

Mikey P

Administrator
Perfect.

Thanks Ashley.

That says it all.

But John will continue to lie to ignerts and the Mardies of the world will continue to be half assed hacks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow nice work Ashley. :icon_cool:

So now I wonder where ATP play into this? Is there any value at all in testing carpet?

I wonder if tested would the VLM side show a lower ATP count? Would both side be below the 300 soiled carpet count?

The right side certainly appears cleaner, even if the ATP should test higher. So is there any value for testing unless there is a specific reason?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Perfect.

Thanks Ashley.

That says it all.

But John will continue to lie to ignerts and the Mardies of the world will continue to be half assed hacks.

Mikey you no not what you speak. I dual process areas of heavy soil load. Made that very clear on many of my posts. But if you just want to pretend it is any different Knock yourself out so you can criticize .

John G

Lie? If someone agrees with Mikey he is a saint.. yep no bias, no agenda.

You are fun to watch Mikey.

Haven't you ever noticed "I don't care what methods a user uses?"
Haven't you ever noticed "I don't care how many methods a users uses?"
Haven't you ever noticed "I don't ever try to tell users to use one method?"
Haven't you ever noticed "I let them them totally decide what works best for them?"
Haven't you ever noticed "Most of our cleaners use more than one method?"
Haven't you ever noticed "I only DEFEND what you say can not be done, "IF" I can do it?"
Haven't you ever noticed "I show picts and vids of doing what "I" am told I can not do?"

Hence, I pay little attention to those who CAN'T do it because THEY have a bias and agenda.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mardie VS and OP is not real and effective Dual Processing.

John you endorse a VLM only set up. Vortex boy is proof of that. By touting him as your poster child you are in effect lying.

My only agenda here is to help cleaners be a professional.
Professional Carpet Cleaners need a good portable or truckmount. Disputing that moral fact involves lying.

Do you sell either? Why not?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
and for Christs sake, do not use the Lord’s name in vain to sell lies to idiots.

for ye shall be known by the twisted handle fruit that you bear..........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom