Way to go Sapphire!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
So thats what makes George so cool.

What makes me cool is i run two of the sexiest truckmounts ever made.

The Blueline Thermalwave 5m and the Vortex. :icon_cool:

Sapphire single handedly discontinued both of them in favor of what looks like prochem knock-offs from the 90's.

Forgive me if i'm not a fan but Sapphire's current line-up is dissapointing compared to what they inherrited from blueline.

I just don't understand why they would do that...

Remember these dandy's!

Blueline & Vortex RIP :(

Thermalwavesmall.jpg

neccesityisthemother.14101745_std.jpg

Say hello to the new kid on the block.

0.jpg

Do Sapphire frames even have one ounce of stainless steel in them? doubtful... Blueline did.

Way to go Sapphire!!! Maybe you can buy Judson and discountinue them too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Way to go Sapphire!!! Maybe you can buy Judson and discontinue them too.
That's some funny shit!:clap:

But seriously George should it really take $100,000.00 machine to clean carpet? How many brand new Van's & side in's can you buy for that money? How many slightly used vans and slide in units? :eekk:

It's the biggest and baddest but just not practical. :icon_neutral:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
As i have stated on page 2 "what is in question is the (hidden attitude) that manufactuers have towards the products they develop and the people they deal with".
Actions are the truth.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
That's some funny shit!:clap:

But seriously George should it really take $100,000.00 machine to clean carpet?

It's like me with tile or upholstery cleaning... I don't get calls everyday for those services but doesn't mean i'm gonna discountinue to offer them...

Also, what they did to Shawn York is like 3 strikes and you're out... imo

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But George it doesn't hurt you not to do those services, to be tooled up for that big machine had to be costly for as few that are sold.

Shawn, hell most of us don't even know who he is. Who is he anyway and why should I give a rats ass?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Chavez, maybe Sapphire should fire hank and hire you as their new PR guru... :winky:

since they haven't given any explanations at all maybe you can explain why they killed blueline too?

I'm dying to hear this... Please do tell....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I regret this has degraded to a ss bashing thread. Not my intent and i have no negative feelings about ss, only my original concerns from their new representative.
has become

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Funny you mentioned that I was at my distributors last week and he had a competitors anteater (Sprinter) in there with a Blue Line machine. Looked nice, so I walked over and asked him how he liked it, he said he loved it when it ran but it spent more time being repaired than cleaning. I said I had heard they were great machines, he said "Not this one!"

What's easier, try to rebuild a name or just start over. I'm guessing starting over is much easier. :shifty:

Welp I guess Hank's job is safe now. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

FredC

Village Idiot
Of course it should and is Frank. In my opinion the statements added nothing to the story except to make me feel icky after reading it. It wasn't an ad in a trade pub or narrative on a website. I will stop replying now as it seems obvious that I have crossed some MB (or is this *** now) line.

Ken,

Did your post get edited, deleted, or moved? Did you receive a PM asking you to lay off Hank or Sapphire?
Do you think my comments were made in an effort to defend Hank or Sapphire? If my intention was to do that I would have handled it differently.

They were my personal opinion that you were being overly sensitive to the statement...and, again my opinion, being a bit pompous in thinking that somebody owes you an explanation or a list of names because you feel "icky" or wouldn't do something the way they did.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
That's weird...

a local competitor of mine, who own's one of the largest carpet cleaning outfits in the state, flagged me down the other day because he saw my Blueline through the side cargo-van window.

Say's he only buys Blueline truckmounts and wanted to know if i would sell him mine. maybe somebody should tell him what a POS they are.

Whatever, it don't even matter to me anymore. what's done is done... it doesn't mean i have to like it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree between you and Jim Martin I thought they were the deal. ??? Could be the model, it wasn't a Thermal Wave, what was one step down? Not that it matters, it's all water under the bridge now.

and thanks alot George, you blew my only chance at Hank's job. :errf:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The agenda of all manufactures is to make money and i do not think that this is in question.However i beleive what is in question is the (hidden attitude) that manufacturers have towards the development of their products and the people they deal with. Sincere and careing or not ? I have always said that "You Can Judge By Actions And Not By Words".Actions are the truth.
Mardie are they really that different from us?

I think we show them the same loyalty as they show us.:surprised:

We buy from them as long as they sell the products we desire but are we going to stick with them through thick and thin. Doubtful, carpet cleaners seem to be some of the least loyal purchasers out there.

Look in any of their trucks, count up the brands. How many 5-6 or 10-12?
Why do we do that? Isn’t anyone’s full line strong enough to support all your business? It seems cleaners are continually driven to buy every new product advertised in their pursuit of the silver bullet? Is there really that much difference between products to justify all the jumping around from product to product. :dejection:

So why should we expected a higher level of loyalty from them than we treat them with?

I may be ass (and I know this) but truthfully I only care about myself and my company. :rockon:

If your products help me achieve my goals then of course I’m appreciative but dude, I’ve paid for those products. I don’t feel I owe you anything more than that. If push comes to shove….its all about me baby! :twisted:

Reactions: Ken Snow

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Okay I read the hole thread class classsss SHUTUP! there I said it class dismissed!

hogjowl

Idiot™
John:

"Cuss" was a poor choice of words. I should have used the word "bitched". It's more accurate.

And, I'm from Alabama ... Roll Tide!

If I was from Arkansas, I would be too ashamed to be seen in public after the year the Razorbacks are having.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Take it easy on him Daniel. It's not his fault, it's just a matter of heredity. Yeps his sister and his wife have tooth problems too. Ummm same person of course! :winky:

Ohh shuuddd up Porkchop, it waz just a joke...............as are you! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Danny Strickland
I can NOT believe that danny has been in Millbrook (6 miles away) and has not called or come to see me.

You are truly a perv, danny.

I didn't see a TAco Bell in Millbrook, so i kew you wouldn't be buying LUNCH!!!!!!!

i'll be back in a couple weeks, so PM me yore # if you know of a good BBQ joint to eat dinner!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I agree between you and Jim Martin I thought they were the deal. ??? Could be the model, it wasn't a Thermal Wave, what was one step down? Not that it matters, it's all water under the bridge now.

and thanks alot George, you blew my only chance at Hank's job. :errf:

Love my Thermal wave..the thing is a work horse.........sorry that they are gone....but..SS took a step in the right direction....the 570 is better then the Thermal wave....I can see pitching a fit if the SS units weren't just as good or better....but that's not the case...after all..isn't that what we want.......??.....better equipment...

Haven't started the thermalwave up for about 4 or 5 days now....and I have no plans to fire it up until Saturday...really enjoying working with the 570.........

Name
John LaBarbera
John:

"Cuss" was a poor choice of words. I should have used the word "bitched". It's more accurate.

And, I'm from Alabama ... Roll Tide!

If I was from Arkansas, I would be too ashamed to be seen in public after the year the Razorbacks are having.

I knew it was Alabama, I was just messing with you.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

We buy from them as long as they sell the products we desire but are we going to stick with them through thick and thin. Doubtful, carpet cleaners seem to be some of the least loyal purchasers out there.

Why do we do that? Isn’t anyone’s full line strong enough to support all your business? It seems cleaners are continually driven to buy every new product advertised in their pursuit of the silver bullet? Is there really that much difference between products to justify all the jumping around from product to product. :dejection:

So why should we expected a higher level of loyalty from them than we treat them with?

I may be ass (and I know this) but truthfully I only care about myself and my company. :rockon:

If your products help me achieve my goals then of course I’m appreciative but dude, I’ve paid for those products. I don’t feel I owe you anything more than that. If push comes to shove….its all about me baby! :twisted:
The only difference when it comes to their loyalty to us verces our loyalty to them is in the way the money changes hands.We are the givers and they are the takers.To put it another way it is not the consumer seeking the loyalty of the supplier it is the suppliers that are seeking the loyalty of the consumer.I do cherish the relationships i have with my suppliers.
I agree 110% with the with the rest of your statment.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

The only difference when it comes to their loyalty to us verces our loyalty to them is in the way the money changes hands.We are the givers and they are the takers.To put it another way it is not the consumer seeking the loyalty of the supplier it is the suppliers that are seeking the loyalty of the consumer.I do cherish the relationships i have with my suppliers.
I agree 110% with the with the rest of your statment.

Reactions: Ken Snow

Mikey P

Administrator
I regret this has degraded to a ss bashing thread. Not my intent and i have no negative feelings about ss, only my original concerns from their new representative.
has become

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You would expect no less loyalty or enthusiasm from one of your new employees so why the double standards?

Mikey P

Administrator
That's weird...

a local competitor of mine, who own's one of the largest carpet cleaning outfits in the state, flagged me down the other day because he saw my Blueline through the side cargo-van window.

Say's he only buys Blueline truckmounts and wanted to know if i would sell him mine. maybe somebody should tell him what a POS they are.

Whatever, it don't even matter to me anymore. what's done is done... it doesn't mean i have to like it.

If Bluelines were anywhere as good as you pretend they are, the company would not have been weeks away from going belly up when SS bought them.

Since you brought up the stupid Judson analogy, talk to Les about what a nightmare they are to maintain and work on..

Then talk to the guy whom you share your log in with about why HE is not offering to make you a new Vortex. He does own the company you know?

Mikey P

Administrator
Of course it should and is Frank. In my opinion the statements added nothing to the story except to make me feel icky after reading it. It wasn't an ad in a trade pub or narrative on a website. I will stop replying now as it seems obvious that I have crossed some MB (or is this *** now) line.

KMA Ken, you as a moderator or ANY moderator here will tell you I (or Fred) have NEVER edited threads or comments on a advertiser's behalf.

Mytee John and Bill Bruders, whom I consider to be the biggest supporters of MB will be the first to set you straight.

I have ragged on more of their products then given them praise over the years,

It's unlike you to sling shit Ken, but if you want to stoop down to our levels, at least learn to pitch overhand.

Mikey P

Administrator
The drying equipment has been in my possession for a # of years prior to your butties ownership of Dri Eaz...

Here is an idea worth considering, Mike...

Now do you see why we dont have banners here?
I know there are still some users here that still dont quite get it.
I would hope that the recent actions on ICS have finally made it real clear as to what would happen here if I/we grew dependent on the Banner's income.

I really hope all of you see the value of what Lisa, Tony, Jim, meAt, Richard, Bob, Dirk and myself have created here for you. I really hate to have to bribe people with extra rooms to try and get them to help out here financially. I wish they would see the whole picture and believe the whole board is worth the five bucks...

As Connections draws near and our need for even a bigger and better truly dedicated server, your financial supports is needed.

When I look at the top posters here, I cant but help get a little erked that some still don't see the true "Value" here..

Re: My Agenda...
Like most people, Mikey's agenda changes over time.

Originally, there was no defined agenda, just a place for Mikey to post since he had been banned most everywhere else.

Then as MB grew, I believe that the primary agenda was to have a place where free speech was paramount. As regular Carpet Cleaners it was clear that there needed to be a place where BOTH the positives and the negatives of any equipment, product, method or accessory could be freely discussed. But info alone is pretty cold and boring, MB brought loads of warm and fuzzy entertainment too.

When banners appeared here, some feared that the free speech would be compromised but their fears did not materialize, imo.

The sole purpose of a manufacturer owned board is to promote it's own products and to suppress info about competing products. ie, Recoil board, Encapboard and Padderland. This is going to be T M F's greatest single obstacle to long term growth if they remain a supplier.

The sole purpose of ICS and Cleanfax boards are to make money through advertising and to promote their own brand/magazine and supporting advertisers. Look at where they are now.

Yes these Forums are free for us to use but NOT "free" in the information given out - it is controlled, DUH.
Have you EVER read an article in any trade magazine that is in any way critical of ANY chemical, truck mount, school or portable. Can you blame them?

Free info is anything but credible and if it is not trustworthy info what is it really worth?
Do you believe every word of every product brochure you read?
Do you ever buy anything without getting a second opinion or doing a bit of research?

Mikeys agenda is education pure and simple.

Hope you have a great 'cabin' weekend!

Don't forget to have Huevos Rancheros at Peg's Glorified Ham n Eggs in Reno on the way home!

So that's what all the whispers and cute comments to Chuck and Terje is all about Jim?

I didn't stay to my "Business plan" of six years ago?

Should I also be looked down upon because I've grown my cleaning business? Home owners no longer are guaranteed to get me so in your O/O eyes I must be the blowing it (or going sideways in your words) there too. Do you hold everyone to these standards or just me?

Sorry to let you down ol' buddy but you see I don't have a sugar momma and I have kids and employees to keep in mind. I don't get to call it a day after one or two jobs and go home and tinker in my garage. I have to keep innovating and growing.

Amazing.

You told me that you hate SS because they screwed some friends of yours? Are these the same friends who you sold your shitty supply business to?
lets not go there... I would hate to break your so called confidentiality..

Or maybe it was you good buddy Brevik?, who according to him SS stole all his ideas...:oldrolleyes:

Or was it Cu? Did he get screwed with his lemon or did he possibly just not get aggressive enough with his issues? You as a car guy should know all about lemons. Sorry Cu, it happens. Plenty of happy owners of your model out there..

Or was it John Olsen who got screwed? Did John get screwed or did John just chose to promote a company he had longer ties with? John is exactly where he wants to be in this industry, he does not need you to take up his battles.

How many customers have you lost over the year to less then perfect customer service? Never? Not one?

Now lets talk about how you handled Charlie Brown's biz when you bought it..
did you do everything the same as he did?
Did you faithfully service each and every one of his clients or did you dump some that were too far way, or were priced too low or maybe you just did not like them and life is too short? Did you keep all of his equipment up and running or did you fine tune what stuff you got to fit your business plan? Did people critique your every move to make sure they were all done morally and ethically to some false standards that only come true in make believe land?

You would have probably just said , **** you, I'll run MY business how I SEE FIT, if I know you..

but because Sapphire is seen as some large mega million dollar company you and others here want to hold them to some weird standards that even you would not or could not live up to.

It's business Jim and it's a damn tough world out there for suppliers and manufactures right now, has been since 08 and it's getting worse. I think so of you well established guys forget or just don't realize just how bad things really are. Prochem, Hydramaster, Butler, SS and who ever else is left are all struggling, and each and every single one of them will do WHAT EVER it takes to make a sale to survive so they can support their employees and customers.

I for one think they should be thanked for their innovation and for their support and participation on this forum where for them more then anything, the agenda is education pure and simple

Last edited:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
My bad... I just had to vent one last time...

You have to admit. 30 years of staring at boring truckmounts the Blueline was a refreshing sight for sore eyes.

I'm gonna miss them and Vortex too...

Btw, what ever happened to Hank? Did we scare him off?

Mikey P

Administrator
the Blueline was a great looking "blue" slide in, I agree.

Not sure why SS did not keep the 60's car grill look.

YOUR Vortex on the overhand looks nothing like the photo you posted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom