What did I tell you???

Mikey P

Administrator
trex_zpsac7f3080.jpg

Will Mytee ever learn?

I fully expect a mass recall on Trex's...

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Walt Bush's up in WA.

I bet the screws into the joint started a stress crack and it grew from there.

I know a lot of guys who ride carbon frame bicycles. If they drop their bike and it hits a point rock just right...CRACK!

but hey, Deron says it looks cool so fvck it and lets make 20 thousand of them up front.

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That sucks!

How much more will a metal shaft weigh?

I bet the screws into the joint started a stress crack and it grew from there.
It probably tests strong enough but as you said the drill holes probably created a problem.

Mikey P

Administrator
yep, just a little nick or deep scratch and it's all over.

The working end on that tool weighs a ton. The flex felt was noticeably worse than the competition when tested at M9F

More ridiculous non research and development.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That sucks for Walt...hopefully mytee will take care of him. Walt is a nice guy and shouldn't have to go thru a "todd vs trinity"...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
X2, from what i have seen online anyway john is pretty aggressive with customer service.

Not qualified to really comment on equipment manufacturing.

Reactions: truckmount girl

EDS

Name
Ed
It was sarcasm. That what some idiots on the other boards say. I use a rotovac and honestly would never purchase anything from Mytee after reading about equipment failures on brand new tools. They are too many things to too many people IMHO.
Yeah they may have great customer service but who cares. It is like the polite rapist.

Last edited:

EDS

Name
Ed
Probably should have taken Shanes lead and put a disclaimer that I am not qualified to comment on Mytee since I own none of their equipment. Ahh lesson learned.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you're going to toss out people who have trouble with their new products, that's going to be a large group.

I bought a pair of Big Boss sprayers last year and they have held up really well, the guys really like them. I can't speak about their other products because I don't own them but I wouldn't think they are any worse than any other manufacturer. ????

Reactions: Scott Rogers

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you want to be honest about it....the boss sprayer is the best one out there...but it did not start out that way. The first ones put we're a P.O.S.

And it was this board and people who knew what they were talking about that told John what needed to be done and put it where it is today....

Now he listens to people who can't tell there ass from a hole in the ground....and look at where he is now.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you want to be honest about it....the boss sprayer is the best one out there...but it did not start out that way. The first ones put we're a P.O.S.

And it was this board and people who knew what they were talking about that told John what needed to be done and put it where it is today....
I had heard that and waited until Porkchop said they were good. If anyone would complain about anything, it would be his whiny ass!

I hate buying a new product and then it have issues but that always seems to be a the case when you're trying to be on the cutting edge. You can buy right away and upgrade as it improves or wait, missing the benefit of the new item until all the bugs are out of it.

John is listening to the wrong people and worse, they are telling him the wrong things.

Mikey P

Administrator
The largest selling software is released over and over again without all the bugs worked out.

are you calling that break a "bug" Ken?

a bug would be a power switch that gives you a 110 shock every time you touch it while in use, or a poorly cut jet that soaks your shoes or a torque switch that needs to be cranked up so the machine can be used with a truckmount on thick carpet..

Bugs can be fixed with a free update or tweak

That there IMO is a catastrophic failure due to extremely poor material knowledge that will lead to a mass recall of all sold units.

but it sure looks cool. :icon_rolleyes:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
They have professional ass sniffers? Oh my! :p

They need Jim Martin to give it the seal of approval.

He don't need me...he has Deron....:clap:......besides........

I pissed in his corn flakes to many time....he wouldn't let me lick the vacuum shoe......

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
be even nicer if Mytee had a real RnD department and not a bunch of ass sniffers.

As we all know an R&D department means mega bucks and Ken is right, just look at the flawed product Microsoft is introducing and reintroducing every year.
It will be nice if they come out perfect the first time, but that ain't gonna happen.

The test will be in how well Mytee handles the problem and how good the solution is!

Besides, I haven't seen Walt here for ages (nice guy), he's an RC subscriber now. Surely that may have contributed to the issue? :winky:
Isn't it called "association related material fatigue"?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
John's RnD department was right here. Ton s of us here would have been more than happy to chime in.

for free.

instead he chose some goober who pretends to be a somebody on a portable forum.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I chose the rotovac when I was recently in the market for my first RE because I knew it had proven itself (among other reasons). I totally respect you guys and have made several purchases lately mostly going on your recommendations but couldn't this be a relatively isolated failure on the T. rex?

Russ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John's RnD department was right here. Ton s of us here would have been more than happy to chime in.
for free.
instead he chose some goober who pretends to be a somebody on a portable forum.
I thought Jerry did a lot of testing.

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah he, did but I was trying to avoid that because I know Jerry/Cu personally and is a real smart guy and I love the guy and all but good lord...

I guess they don't have carbon fiber potatoes back home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom