What did I tell you???

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks for your comments Doug.
To clarify, I don't read the other boards, but I do look at certain threads when people link me to them pointing out things like this mytee deal or Bob's constant heartbreak woes.

I've told Bob many times to to quit bringing my name up but he can't help it. If he brings me up I will give you guys my side of the story. He is so flustered that he can't participate here with the big boys is driving him nuts. He'll scream the opposite but anybody who has been around the boards and him knows the truth. He reads every word here so I won't ask you to relay this message.

Stfu Bob and I'll be nice.

As for mytee , some bystanders want to think I'm mad at them for not sending me trex to play with.

No.

RV had not sent me a XL to try, am I lashing out at them?

My rant on them are out of pure frustration. John used myself and MB for years to try and change his reputation. I encouraged and supported him in doing so but after 5 or so years nothing really changed. Stealing ideas, rushed to market products with not enough development time, poor and shoddy construction etc. It erks the hell out of me seeing him play the boards and clueless newbs, so I speak out. Probably too much but some of that is the fault of his vendors like Cu and Cobb who should know better then to continue to poke the situation by mentioning his junk.

Anyways Im done.

For now.

Or until a Trex head flies off and decapitates a two year old....:icon_rolleyes:

Listen to Brevik.

Last edited:

Scott Rogers

and in 18 months give or take, he will be welcomed back, you will be best friends and he will be a paid advertiser again. Got to love board Drama and shifting alliances. :-)

Reactions: Able 1

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mikey just how can anybody really trust you or your opinion?

Wasn't it at one of your mikeyfests that you promised Ken Snow THAT YOU WOULDN'T LOOK DOWN while you two were taking a shower?

HeeEeeeee! HeEeeeeeee!

Reactions: SamIam

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Me thinks Jimmy might be a little Queer, he often posts these fantasies abut me. Sorry Jimmy, I am straight, though I respect your right to be gay and support you having equal treatment under the law should you decide you want to marry ad have spousal benefits.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and i just told him again to quit poking as well....

what ever he is a big boy....

and yes every company has their woes...some learn and some dont......look how many fooked up ford diesels there are after the 7.3......

and just as i stated before......

we all deal with everyone else differently...some get along better then others.....which is what makes the world go round

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
MP is correct in allutting to the fact that "Field testing" is very important and valuable to any manufacturer. That is a fact that should come naturally after time if anyone wants "longevity" in this Industry.

We are fortunate to have a few key experienced individuals here in the US, and on the other side of the pond. However, having stated the obvious, it is sometimes very difficult to satisfy everyone whenever one markets a product beyond his city limits.

Good comments and generally, a great subject above, Gentlemen.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ed

How many units should be placed in the field and for how long in a situation like this in your opinion.

The Trex is a pretty radical design so if I was in John's shoes I would have put at least twenty out for at least six months. 10 to owner ops and ten to the hackiest bunch of gorillas I could find

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ed

How many units should be placed in the field and for how long in a situation like this in your opinion.

The Trex is a pretty radical design so if I was in John's shoes I would have put at least twenty out for at least six months. 10 to owner ops and ten to the hackiest bunch of gorillas I could find
20? You nucking futs? 1 RD model then 1 maybe 2 first gen then maybe another 2 pre production then you got to run with it. No one is going to make 20 RD models NO ONE...Unless they enjoy lighting money on fire...

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Mikey;

I would say that it isn't as much the "number" of machines, but rather "who" runs the equipment because I want the right answers. I am very lucky, IMHO, I have some great individuals who have been or still are, in the On-Location Carpet Cleaning business and who have true engineering mines & capabilities. One individual for example, has been in this business as a (UK) manufacturer/engineer; now cleaner since the 60's. Just a wonderful person. He understands the ridged CE requirements and although at times frustrating, this is helpful in many ,many ways in terms of improvements.

What I look for is not necessarily criticism per say, but rather ideas and ways to improve existing systems in terms of performance and longevity. manytimes as you know, small tweaking's and/or adjustments can accomplish big achievements.

Therefore you put them in the hands of limited but very knowledgeable people; (about 6); so as you can acquire helpful responses . But you are correct in your opinion of Field Testing because the manufacturer will be doomed otherwise.

Thanks for asking

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You definitely do not want your main field tester to be someone with 4-5 truckmounts but is still an owner operator...
JMO

Name
Torrey Whitaker
Strange, that break doesn't seam to be what I've seen carbon fiber do in the past. Usually its more of a splintering effect and not such a clean break.
My Trex has held up well so far. I've been worried about letting bounce around in my trailer setup. I wonder if there could be some cause if this from similar abuse like dropping, falling or whatever? If just from standard side to side movements, then its sounds like a change would be in order. I'd guess it would take a few of these occurrences before it could be defined as a actual manf problem though.

Although my dad does blame dodge for his car accident...
45904965.jpg

Name
Torrey Whitaker
Anyone have any opinions on the Bentley wand and the swivel action?

I've heard alot of good reviews, and no bad ones. But then again, I haven't heard from the bad boys of the cc world what they think.

Larry cob seems to push them. I've considered it next.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Anyone have any opinions on the Bentley wand and the swivel action?

I've heard alot of good reviews, and no bad ones. But then again, I haven't heard from the bad boys of the cc world what they think.

Larry cob seems to push them. I've considered it next.

Do you really want to open up this can of worms?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
just to check. It is okay for Mikey to whine like a bitch about 1 trex but I am a bitch for complaining about $1500 worth of sapphire hand tools breaking within weeks of purchase after SS admitting they got bad hoses and then Bruders and atleast 2 others in his group saying they would make it right but never did. Just making sure I got the facts straight

I also find it in bad taste that Torrey would label us consumers as bad boys rather than people who actually work in the field

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So let ME get this right, you're drinking to the point that you not even sure of your facts anymore? :p

Seriously I have (4) of the Sapphire upholstery tools and only one has that hose that you speak of.

So I must apologize, all this time I thought you were a drunken fool.....turns out you weren't drunk at all.

Fool? Welllll........hows the weather out there Greg? :winky:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I posted pictures of the bends and they all said they would send me new hoses and never did(including the owner of the company) Doesn't matter all 3 are out of commission now and went back to drimaster because they brike off at the inside of the tool after swapping hoses. Only problem w drimaster is too much water and the flow adjuster. I'd love to put SS back in business but after 3 yrs I am not getting them to where they were suppose to be. SS sucks in my opinion. I started using their versaclean thinking they would stand behind their product but I was wrong with the upholstery tool

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If I remember right the person you bought them from was supposed to order the replacement hose for you? Bruders doesn't take orders. He gives them but doesn't take them. So the question is who did you buy these from and why did they not get the new hose ordered for you after you called them to tell them the issues and that Bruder's his own damn self said to take care of you. That's the issue not SS. They can only fulfill the orders/warranty the distributor sends in.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it was a $17 per tool fix and John you recollect wrong bruders said he was going send them out after admitting he got a bad batch of hose but never did, so you can recollect correct next time. Right after purchasing the tools I started buying versaclean from a guy in Penn but when SS didn't make good I switched. water uner the bridge but that was 2 trucks ago

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It not the carbon fiber that is/was the problem......its putting a hole in the carbon fiber that weakened it and causes it to snap in half......a inch and a half tube about a quarter inch thick.....especially..at that short of a length.... is extremely rigged......until you compromise it.........from that point....it is just a matter of time..........it does not matter who you are or how you treat the machine....once that hole went in there it was game over.............

nothing ridged about that car.....or any of the newer ones on the road anymore.......nothing but over priced disposable pieces of crap anymore.........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Do a search here Torrey.

You see this is what I told you the other day, I know he is not new but still.

But never mind I guess in this case it would be better for the search field to be used instead of what would be fact coming off like a butchering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom